Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Aircraft Support?
785 8 2022-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Shenga
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Good morning all and Seasons' greeting to one and all.

Sorry for the lame first question.

I bought the Mavic Air 2 & Smart Controller as my first Drone and really enjoying it, since then I've bought the Mini 3 Pro & RC Controller,  but just wondering if the Smart Controller supports the Mini 3 Pro yet as the features and apps are far better than the Mini 3 RC which I think is very poor indeed.

I keep looking at the updates and product support on the DJI Website but it seems a bit out-dated.

What Aircraft are supported with the DJI Smart Controller?
a) The DJI Smart Remote Controller is compatible with the Mavic 2 Zoom and Mavic 2 Pro.
b) More drones will be supported with future firmware updates.

The other option would be to purchase the DJI RC Pro but even that seems limited on Aircraft support, only saying that the Mavic 2S and Mavic 3 are supported?

The Smart Controller I enjoy but it seemed to be only supported for a brief time before DJI brought out the Pro RC and forgot about the SC?

Again sorry for the question, but looking to take the Mini 3 Pro when Travelling as it's smaller, lighter than the Mavic Air 2.

I just want to use 1 Remote with the Mavic Air 2 and Mini 3 Pro (Not at the same time before you ask)

Thanks all

2022-12-30
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Hi, See my answers next to your questions.

1. but just wondering if the Smart Controller supports the Mini 3 Pro yet as the features and apps are far better than the Mini 3 RC which I think is very poor indeed. - Answer is no and will not be compatible in the future
2. The other option would be to purchase the DJI RC Pro but even that seems limited on Aircraft support, only saying that the Mavic 2S and Mavic 3 are supported? - This RC Pro supports currently the Air2S, Mavic 3, Mavic 3 Classic and Mini 3 Pro
3. The Smart Controller I enjoy but it seemed to be only supported for a brief time before DJI brought out the Pro RC and forgot about the SC? As Technology advances, so too must the hardware
4.I just want to use 1 Remote with the Mavic Air 2 and Mini 3 Pro (Not at the same time before you ask) -  That will be possible if you get yourself an RC-N1 Controller - see picture below

2022-12-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have both the Smart Controller and the DJI RC and I much prefer the DJI RC,  it's just a shame they haven't added more drone support to it yet.
2022-12-30
Use props
Shenga
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 12-30 00:17
Hi, See my answers next to your questions.

1. but just wondering if the Smart Controller supports the Mini 3 Pro yet as the features and apps are far better than the Mini 3 RC which I think is very poor indeed. - Answer is no and will not be compatible in the future

Thanks Suren,

Yeah I understand Technology is constantly changing and as you say must so must the Hardware, I just think my timing was bad as no sooner had I bought the SC it seemed no longer supported, but saying that I have been more than happy with its features and performance overall.

So the RC-N1 is just the basic controller that you attach your phone to?
2022-12-30
Use props
Shenga
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 12-30 01:24
I have both the Smart Controller and the DJI RC and I much prefer the DJI RC,  it's just a shame they haven't added more drone support to it yet.

Likewise for me and the SM and RC, The SM is so much better but again not enough support to add the Aircraft you own?

I could go and buy the RC Pro but seems a bit pointless if that doesn't support what I have, and by then they'll bring out the RC Pro+ or something.
2022-12-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

At this time the only RC compatible with both your drones is the RC-N1.  

I love the functionality of the RC Pro but can only use it with my Air 2S and the Mini 3 Pro.  So I still have to use the RC-N1 for the Air 2 and the Mini 2.  
2022-12-30
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Shenga Posted at 12-30 01:36
Thanks Suren,

Yeah I understand Technology is constantly changing and as you say must so must the Hardware, I just think my timing was bad as no sooner had I bought the SC it seemed no longer supported, but saying that I have been more than happy with its features and performance overall.

Yes, the RC-N1 uses a phone as a screen and that can work with both, the Mavic Air and the Mini 3
2022-12-30
Use props
Shenga
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks all for your replies,

I nearly purchased the RC Pro this afternoon, but seems a bit pointless at the moment.
I have the original Controller with the Mavic Air 2 before I bought the Smart Controller so take it that's the same as the RC-N1, if not I'll just make do for now with the RC although it's very limited.
2022-12-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Shenga. Thank you for reaching out. Suren has provided correct answers to your questions. In addition, DJI Smart Controller is now compatible with the following drones:
• Mavic 2
• Mavic Air 2
• DJI MINI 2
• DJI Air 2S

Thank you for your valued support.
2022-12-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules