1585 10 2022-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BillTheDroneReviewer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1211427 ft
  • >>>
United States

Couple of questions regarding waypoints.

First the green path between waypoints that I see displayed on several tutorials is not showing.

Second when I select POI and hit the screen I don't get the pink hexagon. However it does show up under POI.

Third - correct me if I'm wrong - you have to select "Start Record" on each waypoint to keep the video on ? Is that correct ?
2022-12-30
Use props
BillTheDroneReviewer
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

2022-12-30
Use props
BillTheDroneReviewer
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

The screen grab is from a tutorial showing how it should look
2022-12-30
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

You certainly do not have to "Start Record" at every waypoint to keep the video recording. Once the video started, it will only stop recording by a "Stop Rec" -order or when you use "Take Photo" after which the video stops also and you need to start it up again in the next waypoint (as long as DJI doesn't offer multiple actions at one waypoint. That is one of the few downsides compared to Litchi.)
2022-12-30
Use props
BillTheDroneReviewer
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

PhanFran Posted at 12-30 09:28
You certainly do not have to "Start Record" at every waypoint to keep the video recording. Once the video started, it will only stop recording by a "Stop Rec" -order or when you use "Take Photo" after which the video stops also and you need to start it up again in the next waypoint (as long as DJI doesn't offer multiple actions at one waypoint. That is one of the few downsides compared to Litchi.)

Starting a little past 5:44 in my video recording starts at waypoint 1. When it hits waypoint 5 the recording stops. Per what you just told me it should have shut off after waypoint 17 (that's where I programmed it to shut off).  

2022-12-30
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

BillTheDroneReviewer Posted at 12-30 13:01
Starting a little past 5:44 in my video recording starts at waypoint 1. When it hits waypoint 5 the recording stops. Per what you just told me it should have shut off after waypoint 17 (that's where I programmed it to shut off).  

DJI Mavic 3 Waypoints Setup & First Mission

I can only say "Strange": this is not how my Mavic3 (plus iPad Mini 6) is behaving. I did some 25 waypointflights now.
I noticed that you didn't get the connecting lines between your waypoint when adding them on the map-screen. There are several posts here of people who have the same problem and even some who don't even see the added waypoint itself when planning their mission, what makes things extra awkward and even dangerous.

In my setup everything is working as expected: waypoints and connecting lines between them, camera starting and stopping recording only when specifically planned, no need to "start Rec" at every waypoint (which would be a bit ridiculous feature).
The only problem I had was that in one (1) flight the AC RTH when signal was lost, while the mission was set to "Continue" on signal loss. DJI asked for my flightlogs when I mentioned that in this forum and they are probably looking at these logs now to find out what happened.

So, yes, maybe the waypoints have some bugs. Not sure why some problems only show up with a few people. Is it an Android/IOS difference ?
2022-12-31
Use props
BillTheDroneReviewer
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

PhanFran Posted at 12-31 01:17
I can only say "Strange": this is not how my Mavic3 (plus iPad Mini 6) is behaving. I did some 25 waypointflights now.
I noticed that you didn't get the connecting lines between your waypoint when adding them on the map-screen. There are several posts here of people who have the same problem and even some who don't even see the added waypoint itself when planning their mission, what makes things extra awkward and even dangerous.

I am using a DJI RC Pro. Thinking at this point maybe clearing the Chache and/or rebooting the DJ RC Pro might help.  
2022-12-31
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

BillTheDroneReviewer Posted at 12-31 04:30
I am using a DJI RC Pro. Thinking at this point maybe clearing the Chache and/or rebooting the DJ RC Pro might help.

Something else you can try, use Assistant 2 Consumer and refresh the RC Pro firmware. Remove the sd card prior to the refresh. For unknown reasons, sometimes some the old files do not get overwritten or updated, or new files do not get added when doing an update. This happens with ALL electronics with firmware. I have had to do this with my RC Pro.
2022-12-31
Use props
BillTheDroneReviewer
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 12-31 10:05
Something else you can try, use Assistant 2 Consumer and refresh the RC Pro firmware. Remove the sd card prior to the refresh. For unknown reasons, sometimes some the old files do not get overwritten or updated, or new files do not get added when doing an update. This happens with ALL electronics with firmware. I have had to do this with my RC Pro.

That's a great point. I will do that. Thank you for the suggestion !
2022-12-31
Use props
EdoSan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 225807 ft
Philippines

Hello,

I have the same issue on my DJI RC (no flight path and no pink POI) I am hesitant to give the waypoints a go given this rather unusual behaviour.

Do we know a fix?
2023-1-5
Use props
EdoSan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 225807 ft
Philippines

any updated on this? im having the same issue
2023-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now