Error code 30038 and 30085
5342 24 2022-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Juancarrr_001
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15942 ft
Spain

Hello, it seems that my mini SE (3 days old) does not work anymore. Apparently, an update did not work out and the installation process always stops at 46% or rolls back to 33 when reaching 46. After a few attempts, it always fails giving the error code 0xf2. Since the update errors 30038 and 30085 appeared and I cannot make the drone fly anymore, it doesn't make the little noise when powering up either. What can Ido? I tried everything, including using different phones and dji assistant in different PCs, removing the sd card, and charging up to 100% the batteries.

Thanks in advance.
2022-12-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2022-12-30
Use props
Juancarrr_001
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15942 ft
Spain

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-30 19:14
Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

Hi, do you know if DJI will cover the shipping expenses  to the service center in Netherlands from Norway, which is where i live in?
2022-12-31
Use props
djiuser_CoJELB74Nocl
lvl.1
Flight distance : 106063 ft
Mexico

Hi, today Im suffering the same issue. Any idea to how to solve this?  I just have 2 weeks with my mini se. Please support.
2022-12-31
Use props
djiuser_LsOiFqM8bdKO
New
Flight distance : 7999 ft
Italy

Buongiorno
anche a me oggi è capitata la stessa cosa . Aggiornamento firmware eoore 30085 ESC
2023-1-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Juancarrr_001 Posted at 2022-12-31 05:54
Hi, do you know if DJI will cover the shipping expenses  to the service center in Netherlands from Norway, which is where i live in?

Thank you for your response. Our corresponding team will verify your location and the unit if it is valid for a free shipping label. You may contact them directly to setup a ticket case. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-1-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_LsOiFqM8bdKO Posted at 1-2 06:17
Buongiorno
anche a me oggi è capitata la stessa cosa . Aggiornamento firmware eoore 30085 ESC

Hi there. Sorry for the late response. We do apologize for the trouble. Can you please confirm if you still experience the said issue? If yes, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2023-3-4
Use props
djiuser_wjVtsIu7ZyS4
New
Flight distance : 7051 ft
United Kingdom

HDJI Mini SE (D)

Hi, sorry to comment on this post but after much trying I dont know how to start a new post (bonkers) and I look to have the same issue: My drone is less than a year old and I have used it only twice. Around a week ago, just after installing the latest update (I think it was v.01.02.000p optimised flight safety) my drone displayed a red light at the rear under the battery and a screen message of "Navigation system error".
I restarted it multiple times and followed the forum advice to calibrate IMU and compass. Still the same.
I also downloaded DJI assist 2 (consumer drones series) and tried the only option available there: to downgrade the v01.02.0000 (optimised flight safety). However, that failed to downgrade multiple times at the end of the process on Error code: Oxf2 & usb device malfunctioned every time.
Now the dron displays: ESC error (code 30038) and ESC connection error. Repairs required (code 30085).
2023-4-10
Use props
jh8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 39685 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Exactly the same issue here! Failed upgrade in latest Assistant (2.1.18), stuck at 46%. Opened a repair case under warranty, the Mini SE was shipped back.

Unbelievable an official app can brick a drone like this!

BTW: I had FW v01.200.0100 installed on the SE, not sure what the status of this version is because it doesn't really seem to be mentioned anywhere.'

[Update] i received a new one from DJI, and I decided to give it one other try because I could not believe it was just teh DJI Asistant that could brick a drone. Unfortunately the exact same happened to the new one, so it's on it's way back from repair under warranty by DJI as well.
FYI repair quote:
First: €89 (Core Board)
Second: €62 (ESC Board)

So bottom line: there is a serious issue with the official assistant 2.1.18 that has not been fixed for months! So never downgrade the SE!

2023-6-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

jh8 Posted at 6-9 07:05
Exactly the same issue here! Failed upgrade in lates tAssistant 2, stuck at 46%.Opened a repair case under warranty, the Mini SE was shipped back.

Unbelievable an official app can brick a drone like this!

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Our apologies that you are currently having issues with your unit and decided to send it to us for repair. Rest assured that we will take care of your unit and will surely provide you updates via email. Regarding the said firmware, it is normal, DJI Mini SE has this specific firmware and you may connect via the app to update the firmware. Should you have other inquiries, please feel free to contact us. Have a nice day ahead.
2023-6-19
Use props
Glauber81
lvl.1

Brazil

2023-6-22
Use props
Glauber81
lvl.1

Brazil

2023-6-22
Use props
Glauber81
lvl.1

Brazil

Juancarrr_001, I am facing the very sabe problem in my Mini SE. How did you fix it?
2023-6-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Glauber81 Posted at 6-22 14:11
Juancarrr_001, I am facing the very sabe problem in my Mini SE. How did you fix it?

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to restart your drone multiple times and check if the issue persists? If yes, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-6-29
Use props
Jprovoste
New

Chile

hola a mi me pasa lo mismo con el firmware, y en la aplicacion llega hasta 46% que puedo hacer o me pueden enviar la actualizacion por correo y un tutorial como instalarla, muchas gracias, soy de chile y enviar el producto para que lo revisen se me hace muy largo plazo
2023-7-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Jprovoste Posted at 7-21 17:31
hola a mi me pasa lo mismo con el firmware, y en la aplicacion llega hasta 46% que puedo hacer o me pueden enviar la actualizacion por correo y un tutorial como instalarla, muchas gracias, soy de chile y enviar el producto para que lo revisen se me hace muy largo plazo

Hi there. Sorry for the late response. Are you still experiencing the issue? If you are unable to update the firmware and it keeps failing. Please make sure you have a stable internet connection or try using a different phone with the DJI Fly app(e.g. if you're using an IOS try using Android). You can also try updating the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 from your computer. Use the following link to download it:
{ https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series }. Once installed from your computer, you will need to connect a USB-C cable from the drone to the computer (same steps when upgrading/refreshing the RC's firmware). Select your drone from "Connected devices" and then from the left of the screen, select "Firmware upgrade". From there you will have an option to upgrade or refresh the firmware. However, if it's showing a 30038 or 30085 error code, it's a problem with the ESC and we highly recommend sending the drone for repair. Please go to dji.com/support if you're going to submit a repair request. Thank you for your understanding and support. Have a great day ahead.
2023-7-28
Use props
djiuser_Rc9Ba01VS0dL
New

France

DJI Tony Posted at 7-28 00:13
Hi there. Sorry for the late response. Are you still experiencing the issue? If you are unable to update the firmware and it keeps failing. Please make sure you have a stable internet connection or try using a different phone with the DJI Fly app(e.g. if you're using an IOS try using Android). You can also try updating the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 from your computer. Use the following link to download it:
{ https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-consumer-drones-series }. Once installed from your computer, you will need to connect a USB-C cable from the drone to the computer (same steps when upgrading/refreshing the RC's firmware). Select your drone from "Connected devices" and then from the left of the screen, select "Firmware upgrade". From there you will have an option to upgrade or refresh the firmware. However, if it's showing a 30038 or 30085 error code, it's a problem with the ESC and we highly recommend sending the drone for repair. Please go to dji.com/support if you're going to submit a repair request. Thank you for your understanding and support. Have a great day ahead.

Bonjour j'ai le même problème sur un mini 1 se , qui viens de repartir en sav , généralement quelles suites sont données emplacement ou réparation
Bonne journèe
2023-8-5
Use props
djiuser_4SlrypqEAqcI
New

United Kingdom

Hi, I'm having the same problem, since doing the recent firmware update. I'm getting 2 fault codes, ESC connection error (code 30085) and GPS signal weak, Hovering unstable fly with caution (code 30008). Why has an update caused this?
2023-8-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_Rc9Ba01VS0dL Posted at 8-5 02:56
Bonjour j'ai le même problème sur un mini 1 se , qui viens de repartir en sav , généralement quelles suites sont données emplacement ou réparation
Bonne journèe

Hello there. Sorry for the inconvenience. If I'm understanding it correctly, You sent the drone for repair and after you received it, it still shows the error code 30038 and 30085. Is that correct?
2023-8-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_4SlrypqEAqcI Posted at 8-7 12:21
Hi, I'm having the same problem, since doing the recent firmware update. I'm getting 2 fault codes, ESC connection error (code 30085) and GPS signal weak, Hovering unstable fly with caution (code 30008). Why has an update caused this?

Hello there. thank you for reaching out. Have you already tried to remove the SD card, and then restart the aircraft? If the issue persists after restarting the aircraft, check whether the aircraft firmware is the latest version. You can also refresh the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 which you can download here. If this issue still exists after the firmware is updated to the latest version. We advise sending the drone to our facility for further testing. You can submit a repair request here: https://www.dji.com/global/support?site=brandsite&from=nav. You can also find our customer support on the same link. Have a great day ahead.
2023-8-7
Use props
djiuser_G500QrJWT2JJ
lvl.1

Réunion

I have the solution, contact me.
2023-8-17
Use props
djiuser_B6p9wiZ1vJL7
New

United Kingdom

djiuser_G500QrJWT2JJ Posted at 8-17 01:31
I have the solution, contact me.

Hello how did you fix the issue
2023-11-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_B6p9wiZ1vJL7 Posted at 11-2 01:35
Hello how did you fix the issue

Hi there. We're sorry if you experience issues with your unit. If you receive this error message and using a DJI Mini 2, please try following the steps below and check if the issue persists:

1. Remove the storage card then restart the aircraft.
2. If the issue persists, please connect your aircraft via DJI Assistant 2 software and please update/refresh the firmware

Hope this helps. Please let us know the result. Thank you for your cooperation.
2023-11-7
Use props
fans7b4b0174
New

Greece

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-7 01:57
Hi there. We're sorry if you experience issues with your unit. If you receive this error message and using a DJI Mini 2, please try following the steps below and check if the issue persists:

1. Remove the storage card then restart the aircraft.

I am another customer of yours who has become angry with your company. I sent my device in for repair and you returned it to me without fixing the problem. As can be seen from your customer complaints this problem occurs frequently and does not originate from user misuse but is a malfunction of the particular model. It is a shame for such a large company to treat its customers this way. There is a problem that you are responsible for and you are forcing us to send you our devices and charging us more money for the repair. But the repair is also unsuccessful! There are photos to prove this claim. I'm a technology journalist and I'm writing an article about your company's unfair treatment of customers. I have already collected many complaints from several of your customers about the same problem and I am preparing a lawsuit for bad practices of your company that are against the laws of the European Union.
2023-11-29
Use props
NiltonCesar
New

Brazil

Eu estou exatamente com o mesmo problema. Tentei realizar o downgrade via software DJI Assistant 2, ele apresentou a mesma falha comentada acima para em 46% e volta para os 33% faz isso uma 3 vezes e da falha.Ao ligar o Drone aparece falha ESC e erros de atualização 30038 e 30085,reparei também o sobreaquecimento da bateria e do drone
1-17 16:36
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules