Flight Centre data no longer working
2089 34 2022-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PCKid
lvl.1
Flight distance : 88888 ft
United States

Using an iPhone 11 with ios 16 since August 14th. my Flight centre data page is stopped. Even though if I click on the sync button top right on that  page it lists all my flights far beyond that date. I've updated the firmaware to latest 1.9.0 but still no luck. Any ideas anyone?
2022-12-30
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What do you think it should do that it is 'not doing'?
2022-12-30
Use props
PCKid
lvl.1
Australia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-30 22:54

Well from start to the date I mentioned it shows each flight as a mini video of the path the drone has taken in a map view. It’s no longer doing that. Why did it stop providing a flight data file even though I’ve flown the drone loads of times after that date.
2022-12-30
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PCKid Posted at 12-30 23:01
Well from start to the date I mentioned it shows each flight as a mini video of the path the drone has taken in a map view. It’s no longer doing that. Why did it stop providing a flight data file even though I’ve flown the drone loads of times after that date.

Have you tapped on a flight in the list?
What is the connection between replaying a flight and syncing?

2022-12-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello, after the flight records are uploaded on the DJI server, the server will perform calculations and automatically filter some invalid records during calculation, such as records without a GPS signal during the flight. As such, the total mileage/flight time on the mobile device is less than the one returned by the server. This is normal. Feel free to continue using your product. You may also try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly app on your mobile device and have a test flight then check if the issue persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-12-31
Use props
PCKid
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-31 21:22
Hello, after the flight records are uploaded on the DJI server, the server will perform calculations and automatically filter some invalid records during calculation, such as records without a GPS signal during the flight. As such, the total mileage/flight time on the mobile device is less than the one returned by the server. This is normal. Feel free to continue using your product. You may also try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly app on your mobile device and have a test flight then check if the issue persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

I understand that. If I sync on the fight data centre screen it brings up a list of all flights just as a file as opposed to a map of the flights. As of august 14th on the flight records screen there are about 96 flights where nearly all had a gps lock.  So why are they not recorded on the flight data centre screen? I have tried removing the app and reinstalling it with no luck. When you finish a flight is there a procedure you need to follow before turning it off to ensure it saves it as a flight data centre file? As far as I know I’ve not been doing anything different. I can see on the synced screen I kind of recognise all the flight info files but of course they don’t show a map of the flight on that screen.
2022-12-31
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tap on a single entry in the list and see if that opens the "map" for just that one flight.
2023-1-1
Use props
PCKid
lvl.1
Australia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-30 22:54

2023-1-5
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you tried tapping on an individual entry in the list?  Answer with either, yes or no.
2023-1-5
Use props
PCKid
lvl.1
Australia

Thank you all for your suggestions. I will get around to trying all your ideas but at the moment we are travelling back to Perth to sign up our new house we bought while away. The moment I get time I’ll boot it up and have another look.
2023-1-5
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The data should be all internal to the phone or screen device. If you use the device that you are currently typing on as a screen device when flying then the data should be on this device.
2023-1-5
Use props
PCKid
lvl.1
Australia

Here are some screenshots. So the fight data centre seems to only keep the last eight flights. I took some painted water towers this year and they are all there and the eighth is from last year. Before there were also only eight so that’s why I think it only saves the last eight.

Clicking the swirly circle top right takes you to this other screen with all my flights on since I got the drone. Can’t seem to do much with these except download them and I tried that but with slow internet on the road it was going to take forever and so I don’t know what the end result would be. Is it just the top down map flight or the actual video footage?

But the one that has all my flights is that the full log that dji would need should I have an issue with the drone?
CEB32A45-0532-4CFA-B049-1A26D566C76D.png
9D56A92B-EAC1-437F-9AC9-5E4FC70BBD82.jpeg
3B7DC6C8-AA41-46CF-AF10-CAA2B2FB5625.png
2023-1-5
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What do you touch to go from the first screen shot to the second screen shot?
My equivalent of you first screen shot is the 'same' as yours. If I touch "More >" on that page, the page I am taken to resembles your third screen shot except for the fact that I do not get the thumbnails or I don't remember screen shots --- but I only have a few logs on the phone as I move my logs to external storage.
On my equivalent of your third screen shot, if I touch any entry anywhere along its line I get the replay of that particular flight.
I have yet to see an equivalent of your second screen shot.

I DO NOT touch the swirly circle thing on the top right, that is the sync button and I DO NOT sync.
2023-1-6
Use props
PCKid
lvl.1
Australia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-6 00:20
My equivalent of you first screen shot is the 'same' as yours. If I touch "More >" on that page, the page I am taken to resembles your third screen shot except for the fact that I do not get the thumbnails or I don't remember screen shots --- but I only have a few logs on the phone as I move my logs to external storage.
On my equivalent of your third screen shot, if I touch any entry anywhere along its line I get the replay of that particular flight.
I have to have the drone and controller on to do it. When it says go fly I click my profile and get the white info screen. When I select more I get the short list with icon pics of the map next to each of the eight entries. Top right click on the sync logo and I get the screen where I’ve redacted my drone ID.

Like you I get a replay of the flight if I touch the map icon. But like I said only ever have the last eight. Curious by what you mean you do not sync. If I touch that sync icon all it does is switch to the redacted screen.
2023-1-6
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PCKid Posted at 1-6 02:28
I have to have the drone and controller on to do it. When it says go fly I click my profile and get the white info screen. When I select more I get the short list with icon pics of the map next to each of the eight entries. Top right click on the sync logo and I get the screen where I’ve redacted my drone ID.

Like you I get a replay of the flight if I touch the map icon. But like I said only ever have the last eight. Curious by what you mean you do not sync. If I touch that sync icon all it does is switch to the redacted screen.

Syncing involves uploading copies of your .txt flight logs to DJI, or supposedly down loading missing .txt flight logs that have previously been synced to DJI, from DJI. However when I try to download the few logs that I have synced I get only 5 logs and their total flown distance is less than the footage shown under/in my forum side window. Your side window shows no distance which leads me to suspect that you have not synced any logs with DJI.
In my case my phone will show all the flights flown using the app that ARE STILL on the phone, it WILL NOT normally show flights flown using a different app e.g Go or Go4 UNLESS perhaps those Go or Go4 logs have been synced FROM DJI. I haven't tested the latter with the FLY app but I did test it with Go and Go4 and both of those apps showed logs flown with Go4 and Fly that HAD BEEN downloaded from DJI.
If you have not synced and have flown more than 8 flights using FLY have you deleted any logs or did you fly the missing flights whilst the FLY app was logged into a different DJI account? I have the impression that logs flown under another login 'B" WILL NOT be shown in the profile of login "A".

I would suggest you use a computer or the file search function of your screen device to see what fly app files you can find whose name contains "DJIFlight".
When looking via computer etc. the .txt flight logs are stored in a folder named "FlightRecord", in that folder you should find another folder named MCDAT....something in which there should be logs whose name ends .DAT. As logs they are of probably no use to you since they probably can not be read but their quantity may be some indication of how many times the drone has been switched on whilst the drone has been connected to the controller and screen device UNLESS you have deleted some or perhaps were using a different login.
In order to find those folders have a look at the instructions on
     https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/

If you have deleted logs from your phone etc. and they were not synced then they are gone unless you had backed them up to external storage.

2023-1-6
Use props
PCKid
lvl.1
Australia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-6 03:26
Syncing involves uploading copies of your .txt flight logs to DJI, or supposedly down loading missing .txt flight logs that have previously been synced to DJI, from DJI. However when I try to download the few logs that I have synced I get only 5 logs and their total flown distance is less than the footage shown under/in my forum side window. Your side window shows no distance which leads me to suspect that you have not synced any logs with DJI.
In my case my phone will show all the flights flown using the app that ARE STILL on the phone, it WILL NOT normally show flights flown using a different app e.g Go or Go4 UNLESS perhaps those Go or Go4 logs have been synced FROM DJI. I haven't tested the latter with the FLY app but I did test it with Go and Go4 and both of those apps showed logs flown with Go4 and Fly that HAD BEEN downloaded from DJI.
If you have not synced and have flown more than 8 flights using FLY have you deleted any logs or did you fly the missing flights whilst the FLY app was logged into a different DJI account? I have the impression that logs flown under another login 'B" WILL NOT be shown in the profile of login "A".

Totally confused now. Always just the dji fly app and always on the one account. I don’t know how to sync the logs. The screen with redacted drone serial number is all my flights since I got it. Over 100. Like I said if you click on the up arrow on the right it starts to download something but takes forever. I’ll look in those folders on my pc.
2023-1-6
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

Are you doing this procedure?
2023-1-6
Use props
PCKid
lvl.1
Australia

Mobilehomer Posted at 1-6 14:59
Are you doing this procedure?
https://youtu.be/DU5XaenpMl0

In a van like is I see by your handle. I’m not sure what procedure I’m seeing there. First the profile then the flight data centre and then I can watch the map replay. I can do that. But your fdc has hundreds of flights. Mine only has eight.
2023-1-6
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PCKid Posted at 1-6 14:49
Totally confused now. Always just the dji fly app and always on the one account. I don’t know how to sync the logs. The screen with redacted drone serial number is all my flights since I got it. Over 100. Like I said if you click on the up arrow on the right it starts to download something but takes forever. I’ll look in those folders on my pc.

Forget about the page represented by the redacted screen shot. I do not remember ever seeing anything similar.
Have you scrolled up and down the page represented by screen shot 3? If so how many logs are on that page?
2023-1-6
Use props
PCKid
lvl.1
Australia

Only eight same as profile page. Ok now this is odd. I just opened my dji fly app and now it’s suddenly jumped up to 21 flights. I haven’t done anything new yet yesterday it only showed eight. Still not all my flights but at least some more. Also only some show the map whereas some show they are in the cloud.
2023-1-6
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

Have you enabled auto-sync?
Screenshot_20230106_172523.jpg
2023-1-6
Use props
PCKid
lvl.1
Australia

Mobilehomer Posted at 1-6 15:27
Have you enabled auto-sync?[Image]

Yes. It’s turned on.
2023-1-6
Use props
PCKid
lvl.1
Australia

PCKid Posted at 1-6 15:31
Yes. It’s turned on.

That screen you say you don’t see is the black box data. Don’t connect to your drone or anything just go to your profile. Click on more. Then click they sync button top right and it will bring up the black box data screen but it will be blank telling you to connect your drone to view the data.
2023-1-6
Use props
PCKid
lvl.1
Australia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-6 03:26

Totally confused now. Always just the dji fly app and always on the one account. I don’t know how to sync the logs. The screen with redacted drone serial number is all my flights since I got it. Over 100. Like I said if you click on the up arrow on the right it starts to download something but takes forever. I’ll look in those folders on my pc.
2023-1-7
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PCKid Posted at 1-7 00:08

This is a repetition of a previous post, did you mean to say something else.
Mobilehomer seems better 'placed' to assist you from here on, I have very, very little experience of syncing.
2023-1-7
Use props
PCKid
lvl.1
Australia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-6 00:20

Yeah but touching the swirly thing on that more screen is what takes me to the redacted screen. On the more screen if I press anywhere on a flight i get a map replay. But if I press on the icon image on the end after it loads it gives me a few screenshots from the flight.
2023-1-7
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What is your fascination with what happens on the redacted page?
If I understand correctly I avoid touching the swirly thing at all costs, to the extent that I will shut the app down if I touch the swirly thing accidentally.

2023-1-7
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Update, I have just found some logs on one phone that are similar to your screen capture 3 in that they have thumbnails against them.
I am, at the moment, struggling to find them on the phone via a computer searchyet the App can replay their map etc.. BUT from the notes I have 'against' the originals, stored on the computer, they are all logs that I have synced at somepoint and forgotten about.
Nor do the the totals shown on the equivalent of your screen shot 1 correspond with summationsfor the logs shown on my equivalent of your screenshot 3.

Hmmmm.

Puzzled.
2023-1-7
Use props
PCKid
lvl.1
Australia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-7 14:41
Update, I have just found some logs on one phone that are similar to your screen capture 3 in that they have thumbnails against them.
I am, at the moment, struggling to find them on the phone via a computer searchyet the App can replay their map etc.. BUT from the notes I have 'against' the originals, stored on the computer, they are all logs that I have synced at somepoint and forgotten about.
Nor do the the totals shown on the equivalent of your screen shot 1 correspond with summationsfor the logs shown on my equivalent of your screenshot 3.

You see how I’m puzzled too. I’m missing the very first experimental flights that I did when I first got it and was learning how to use it.
2023-1-7
Use props
PCKid
lvl.1
Australia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-7 03:45
What is your fascination with what happens on the redacted page?
If I understand correctly I avoid touching the swirly thing at all costs, to the extent that I will shut the app down if I touch the swirly thing accidentally.

That’s the thing the screen with the thumbnails takes me to the redacted screen fine without issues. That is called the black box data screen and has far more flights than my profile says.
2023-1-7
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ignore......
2023-1-7
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PCKid Posted at 1-7 16:22
You see how I’m puzzled too. I’m missing the very first experimental flights that I did when I first got it and was learning how to use it.

Yes indeed I do.
The only conclusion I can reach is that at some point you have inadvertently synced your logs then somehow deleted them and that you are left with the same 'residue' of 'ghosts' that I have just found. A sync should leave the original .txt logs on the phone.

I would suggest that you back-up to computer etc. the 8? logs you currently have on your phone then start a sync on your current phone and let it run to see what happens. I am wondering if it is sort of stuck part way through a sync and might have compressed the original files for transmission and been stopped before sending them. BUT NOTE but that is pure speculation

Thinking about this leads me to ask, do you have, or have access to, a 'clean' phone = no DJI stuff on it, that is compatible with the fly app?
I am thinking that you could install the fly app on that phone, log in with your normal details and then try a sync on that phone. That might download all the synced logs from DJI. I believe it is supposed to so that users can 'change' phones etc.. Then you might be able to transfer those downloaded logs to computer and then copy them to the correct folder in your proper phone.

It would be great if you can some how monitor the wifi traffic to see if the phone is downloading etc. etc. but I haven't got a clue how you would do that.

I've tried that with my stuff but my synced logs are a mixture of Go4, FLy and I thought a few Go logs and things get a bit messy.

If any of this works then I would suggest that you turn the automatic sync of post #21 OFF and in future decline all invitations to sync or upload you logs to the web or cloud until you have backed-up/copied your .txt and ,DAT logs to computer and or external memory.
Once you have backed-up 'new' logs you you could sync them if you wish.
2023-1-7
Use props
PCKid
lvl.1
Australia

Yes I could do it on my wife’s phone. Here is the info in order. 2 is the screen I get when I choose more on my white profile page. When I press in the red circle top of screen 2 I get screen 3. As I’m not connected to the drone at this stage I have to connect and then it will populate screen 3 with all my flights giving me the redacted screen I sent you before. I’m wondering if I should clear all three caches incase they are corrupt and start again. It’s no big deal if I have to start again. Before I do I could connect the drone to my computer and download all the files and logs. In other words a clean slate.
3CDAEB61-63D1-4DD3-99BB-93C5AE442E4B.jpeg
E4D0D5A1-E658-4F0B-955C-CCBDD43B6CF7.jpeg
2023-1-7
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well, it becomes apparent why I have not seen anything like your screenshot number 2 in post 12, the mini 2 isn't compatible or some such message.

When I started this drone switch on the white page showed 14 flights, I flew one flight and pressed the top-right-corner-buttons you do,  on the Black Box Data screen I got the message "drone incompatable etc.".
I go back to the white page expecting to see 15 flight logs ............ NO................30 of the beep beeps.  Aaargh!
I will work out what they are later today,
2023-1-7
Use props
PCKid
lvl.1
Australia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-7 19:41
Well, it becomes apparent why I have not seen anything like your screenshot number 2 in post 12, the mini 2 isn't compatible or some such message.

When I started this drone switch on the white page showed 14 flights, I flew one flight and pressed the top-right-corner-buttons you do,  on the Black Box Data screen I got the message "drone incompatable etc.".

I don’t know why but I assumed you had the Air2S as well. Good luck and thanks for all the help.
2023-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules