RC controller is not able to find current location (indoor)
5348 5 2022-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dhruv Bhatt
lvl.1
Netherlands

Hello Members,

I bought DJI Mini 3 + RC controller last week. I connected RC controller with WiFi. As you know RC controller comes with inbuilt DJI Fly app. I went to Fly Spot within the controller. However, it could not find my current location. I also have DJI Fly app on my phone. I was getting correct location when I use Fly Spot on my phone.

I updated firmwares on controller and aircraft along with compass calibration. I also tried with mobile data. But my RC controller is ubale to get my current location. I tried this indoors in several building. This makes me wonder if RC controller is not able to find current location while in indoor. Anyone having similar issues?

I contected DJI over live chat. We could not figure out why RC controller is not showing current location (with wifi connected) while staying indoor. In the end I was told to send back the drone and controller as I have purchased in last 15 days.

Any suggestions will be helpful.

Thank you.

Have a great new year!

2022-12-31
Use props
Randomiser42
New

United States

Same issue
2022-12-31
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Dhruv Bhatt. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Please try to connect the DJI RC to a good speed internet connection and try to do it as well outdoors with good GPS satellites as DJI RC needs to be outdoors to get a better positioning effect. If the issue persists kindly provide us with the following information:

1. Your current Country and exact location:
2. Video of the issue:
3. DJI RC Logs:

Here's how to get the DJI RC Logs:
Tool preparation:
1. Be sure to install DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) on a computer.
2. Use the USB 3.0 Type-C cable

Operating steps:
1. Power on the DJI RC remote controller and connect it to the computer using the USB 3.0 Type-C cable.
2. Launch DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series)
3. After DJI Assistant 2 identifies the DJI RC remote controller, click the connected device name icon.
4. Go to the Menu page and select [Log Export] in the left menu. Next, click the data to be exported and select [Save To Local].
5. After selecting the storage path, please wait until the downloading and compression have been completed.
6. Then, send the saved file (format: .DAT) to DJI Support.

Once the required information has been completed, kindly upload the file/s to Dropbox or Google Drive and provide us the shareable link via PM. Thank you for your cooperation and support.
2023-1-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Randomiser42. We're sorry to read that you're having the same issue. Please read the recommended troubleshooting steps above (Reply #3). Thank you for your kind understanding and support.
2023-1-1
Use props
djiuser_SxqNgD8cjtvd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 88602 ft
Poland

Hello,  Same problem here, on DJI Mini 4 Pro / RC 2
1-31 08:58
Use props
rogerio53
lvl.3
Flight distance : 296184 ft