Crash after firmware update.
943 6 2015-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rutledge1314
lvl.2

United States

I was flying this afternoon. I had performed the Firmware "update" earlier this week but today was my first real chance to fly. After getting set up I performed the calibration on the Compass and the IMU. After flying around in the simulator for about 15-20 minutes with everything looking good I decided it was time put the props on and go for a fly.

Immediately after take off I noticed a slight drift in position hold. Decided to land land and recalibrate. After recalibration and another round in the simulator everything was, again, looking good for flight.

Round 2 props on and take off… NOPE! Immediately after take off  craft dropped like a stone. The only real positive part about today was that I only shattered 2 props and broke a prop lock.

I have just about had it with DJI's "innovation". They seem to be about making the apps chock full of useless gingerbread, and take forever to to address the real issues and fulfilling the claims that they advertised on release of the I1. With each kit costing 3000+ not counting extras, innovation is worthless without investigation. After repairs I will probably be selling this I1 before it gets totaled and at least get some of my investment back. Does anybody know another manufacturer that has better product and support?
2015-8-16
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not sure what caused your issue, I have done the firmware update I did compass calibration checked I u but it looked ok so did not touch it. Have had 3 flights since the update and all have been very stable

Sorry about you problem
2015-8-16
Use props
rutledge1314
lvl.2

United States

Exib Posted at 2015-8-17 04:53
Not sure what caused your issue, I have done the firmware update I did compass calibration checked I ...

It just seems like a real shame that it's a hit or miss occurance. Either people are enjoying flying flawlessly or they spend more time worried about what might happen if they fly more than 10ft off the ground without a string tied to it so it doesn't run away… like one of those leashes you see on the kids in the mall (metaphorically speaking).

unfortunately I seem to be in the latter camp. Mine ended up taking the dreaded 8+ week "vacation" in California for a flyaway less than 24 hours after taking it out of the case for the first time, while my friends's I1 is rock solid and does exactly what you want/expect it to do.

I've had about 150 flights on his craft before purchasing mine followed by 114 flights on mine. So I can't chalk it up to rookie mistakes.

I really wish everybody the best and they stay in the air for a long time.
2015-8-16
Use props
Gregor
lvl.1

Switzerland

i would try mikrocopter. very nice and they say what they do and what they say. im afraid getting in the air again... i had also this drift... and now i expect the crash like many others...
2015-8-16
Use props
timswimm
DJI team

Hong Kong

Can you PM me your contacts? so i'll help you to contact DJI and solve the problem ASAP
2015-8-16
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

My update was a fail with an esc blowed up I cant even start my motors now My Inspire flew perfectly until
I updated the firmware.  I am sick to my stomach my Inspire is 3 weeks old cost me 1k a week to fly.  Mine is out of here too, whether I get it fixed or not. I will part out on ebay.  I had to get rid of my p3 that I bought in may kept one month it was a total mess.  I have went through hell with all of this, since the first of may, my whole summer has been ruined by this crap. We need a class action law suit to deal with this. I am looking for another company also.
2015-8-17
Use props
rutledge1314
lvl.2

United States

timswimm Posted at 2015-8-17 12:34
Can you PM me your contacts? so i'll help you to contact DJI and solve the problem ASAP

Timswimm

Sorry but it really is too little too late. I had the I1 literally destroy itself less than 24 hours after I took it out of the case. Spent over 2 months waiting for it to come back. All the while I had representatives from either DJI or Zendesk essentially telling me "please don't bother us w have no idea what is going on with your $4000 investment and if you keep asking us you may have to wait longer"

So how is it fair that I invest a decent sum of my cash that I worked very hard for and at DJI can treat me with some aloof disregard? Is it that big of an inconvenience to stand behind a product? I'm not asking for this thing to act like a fully tricked out S-1000 at a Phantom price.

I would just like a product that does as expected/advertised without having to worry about if/when it may fall out of the sky. And I know there are plenty of other folks here that feel the same way.
2015-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules