Lost connection RC / Overheating problem ?
2604 33 2022-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lton85
lvl.3
Flight distance : 836752 ft
Brazil

Does anyone have a problem with losing connection between RC and Mini2?
Did you check if this problem could be related to the aircraft heating?
  I have a serious problem of losing connection between RC-N1 and DJI Mini2.
  The problems started happening on the 10th of December. since then flying with a drone has been extremely worrying!

I performed several tests.
  • Other versions of the DJI FLY APP
  • Another cell phone, with another USB cable
  • Other microSD / no microSD
  • Firmware downgrade/upgrade and refresh.
  • I spent hours analyzing the flight logs on the app.airdata websit
  • Different locations

if you take off, keep the aircraft hovering in the air for a few seconds, when starting video recording, or taking photo, the connection is lost, even when you are on the drone side, it does not come back, and if it comes back it is for a few seconds and it loses again !

If I keep the drone on, even if it is not flying for a few minutes, it also loses connection with the RC, I can only reestablish connection and keep the drone off for some time!

which leads me to believe that the loss of signals is the cause of an overheating of the aircraft

I live in Brazil and I bought it on Aliexpress, I already contacted DJI support and unfortunately I need to send it back to activate the warranty! Honestly, I'm really upset about this whole situation. does anyone else have a problem similar to mine?

2022-12-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. In this kind of issue, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for proper diagnostics. You may coordinate with our support team for them to discuss to you your options on how to send the unit to us. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.
2022-12-31
Use props
Lton85
lvl.3
Brazil

DJI Paladin Posted at 2022-12-31 20:29
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. In this kind of issue, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for proper diagnostics. You may coordinate with our support team for them to discuss to you your options on how to send the unit to us. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.

I already contacted DJi, and I already knew.. DJI Brasil does not offer a guarantee for imported products..I am trying to negotiate with the ALIEXPRESS seller the return of the product, if I get a refund, I will not buy another drone.. official store in Brazil prices are high, and importing again can be taxed at customs or suffer again with a problem with the drone... it is being a bad experience..
2023-1-1
Use props
Johnny_J
lvl.4

Sweden

Lton85 Posted at 1-1 04:52
I already contacted DJi, and I already knew.. DJI Brasil does not offer a guarantee for imported products..I am trying to negotiate with the ALIEXPRESS seller the return of the product, if I get a refund, I will not buy another drone.. official store in Brazil prices are high, and importing again can be taxed at customs or suffer again with a problem with the drone... it is being a bad experience..

The DJI "administrators" are notoriously ignorant. They just reply with a prefabricated text they were instructed to do in their "education" process!
2023-1-1
Use props
dewitg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 672034 ft
Spain

I've had sometimes similar problem due a bad connection between phone & cable
2023-1-1
Use props
Johnny_J
lvl.4

Sweden

dewitg Posted at 1-1 08:06
I've had sometimes similar problem due a bad connection between phone & cable

Well, if you use an iPhone you have to expect that!
2023-1-1
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try calibrating the controller.
Since you have flight logs I would suggest you post a few here for analysis.....upload them one at a time to
https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/
and post the resulting URLs here, PhantomHelp's csv's  contain more information than an airdata's ...though flight log data is only recorded where a drone is connected to the controller and the phone.

Do you know anyone with a mini 2 that will try their controller on your drone and perhaps allow you to try your controller on their drone?
A video such as the one you have posted would be best backed up by a video screen capture of the same flight.

If the drone is prone to uncommanded movements I would suggest that somewhere where people can walk past is not the safest place to fly.

With regards to the question "Does anyone have a problem with losing connection between RC and Mini2?" I haven't, quite the reverse in fact, I wanted to cause a disconnection at close quarters but couldn't block the signal, I ended up having to switch the controller off.
Nor have I had overheating problems with a mini 2.  ....... but I don't live in Brazil lol, what was the air temperature and what makes you think overheating is a problem?

2023-1-1
Use props
Lton85
lvl.3
Brazil

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-1 08:45
Try calibrating the controller.
Since you have flight logs I would suggest you post a few here for analysis.....upload them one at a time to
https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/

Yes, I've tried to calibrate the control.. by the way.  I've tried absolutely everything I could imagine...I've analyzed all the flight logs in app.airdata ( example of a flight with a problem= https://app.airdata.com/share/domEVd  )

If I have time this week I'll try more tests with another controller .
2023-1-1
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

and on phantomhelp that same flight gives
https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/3BQBAVG89D2D9K1ZUAPR
down load and look at the csv.
More to the point JJB's FRAP uses the csv from phantomhelp and he is one of the principal log analysers here
2023-1-1
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lton85 Posted at 1-1 09:51
Yes, I've tried to calibrate the control.. by the way.  I've tried absolutely everything I could imagine...I've analyzed all the flight logs in app.airdata ( example of a flight with a problem= https://app.airdata.com/share/domEVd  )

If I have time this week I'll try more tests with another controller .

Until someone looks at this log and any others you present I really don't think you should fly this drone again and certainly not over the village.
In the 60th sec i.e. 0:59+ it starts climbing and your fingers are nowhere near the control sticks and I don't like what happens from there to 1:13 again all whilst your fingers are nowhere the control sticks.
In the log you present the drone's height limit is set to 500m and if the drone decided to climb to that height you could lose it to wind etc. I would reduce it to under 50m.

If you look at the first disconnection, 18.5sec to 33sec, and the subsequent RTH, the drone is on firmware 01.06.00 released 15th Dec? (Airdata), the drone is almost certainly less than 20m away from the home point by the time it stopped so, as I understand the manual, it should have started to land at somewhere around 30sec. Yet the log shows it just sitting at a height of around 122ft and a distance of 47ft from 33sec until you start to close the throttle at 35.5 sec, it should have been descending rather than just sitting there.
The second disconnection at starts at 36sec and lasts 50sec and for some reason the drone is then 0.4ft from the home point and 6.2ft (VPS height) above the whatever. I.e. it has moved 47ft towards the home point, it should have stayed 122ft from the home point and descended there.

The drone isn't behaving as I think it should.

What happened prior to or on Dec 10th?
2023-1-1
Use props
Lton85
lvl.3
Brazil

Drone arrived for me on the 5th, the 10th was when I had the first loss of connection, I did several tests paying attention to the "home point" because I knew that something could happen with the connection, on the 25th I kept the drone in the box, I'm waiting for an answer the seller to make the return!
2023-1-1
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Did you do an update etc. on or before the 10th, or crash it?
2023-1-1
Use props
Lton85
lvl.3
Brazil

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-1 13:04
Did you do an update etc. on or before the 10th, or crash it?

Yes, that day I updated the APP, but I don't believe that caused the problem!
From there I did everything, I went back to version 1.8.0, updated the firmware, did a refresh, anyway!
I believe it is a hardware problem, some component related to data transmission on the aircraft, it heats up and then connection problems begin to appear!
2023-1-1
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Had a look at your log too.

Your max height setting is 500 meter, your RTH height is 60 meter.

At take off you did not wait for a white GPS icon, so first seconds in flight your MINI2 uses the vision to stabilize.

Guess it was a take off from your hand or another higher object.
After take-off the VPS height 1.9 meter with a baro height of 0 meter.

At 6.4 seconds white GPS icon, so HP was set and a proper GPS lock.
At  10.8 your started to climb, drone climbing to 31.6 meter.
(At 14.1 last VPS height in the log = 11.4 meter)
31.6 meter at 18.4s in flight, loosing connection.

Drone above your RC position (guess you did not moved from position), if you hold your RC flat than the antennas are not pointing to the drone ; wich mayby is the reason for loosing connection)

Connected again at 32.9s, 14.5 seonds disconnected.
After 11 secs it started to yaw towards HP.
At connection drone still yawing to HP heading, at 35s it stopped the yawing.

Distance to HP now 14.3 meter.

Again loosing contact, now for 50 seconds.
At connection again drone in Autolanding, distance to HP zero and at steady height of 1.9 meter.
This with no verticl speed down, so steady hovering.
Must be a unsafe landing area, so drone stopped the autolanding!

Finally you used the RC to make the drone land.

Battery temp at start 45 degrees Centigrade, at the end 46.

The RTH and autolanding, imo, just beacuse of the disconnects.
If due to overheating than the connection remains oke, log showing autoland.

cheers
JJB

2023-1-2
Use props
Lton85
lvl.3
Brazil

JJB* Posted at 1-2 07:35
Hi,

Had a look at your log too.

JJB, I really appreciate your LOG review, really impressed with the detail you see! thanks!

I am aware of some things like , waiting for GPS signal , correctly setting maximum height and Home point height !

but there were so many tests, so many adjustments that sometimes, I have completely lost patience and the desire to use the drone! This video in question I made just to show the seller clearly the problem!
2023-1-2
Use props
Ssayer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 629482 ft
United States

Lton85 Posted at 1-2 07:55
JJB, I really appreciate your LOG review, really impressed with the detail you see! thanks!

I am aware of some things like , waiting for GPS signal , correctly setting maximum height and Home point height !

I hate to be that one but... NEVER be in too big a hurry to fly that you don't have everything working correctly first. It's just an accident waiting to happen...
2023-1-2
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

My pleasure.

FRAP software helps a lot to analyze.   ;-)

cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
analysis2.png
2023-1-2
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

How tall are the buildings that the drone was over?
2023-1-2
Use props
Lton85
lvl.3
Brazil

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-2 10:46
How tall are the buildings that the drone was over?

There is no construction in this place, only houses, the biggest obstacles would be the trees and the poles with about 10 meters. On this flight in question, my intention was not to go too high or too far, I just wanted to exemplify the problem and how quickly it happens after starting a flight!
2023-1-2
Use props
Lton85
lvl.3
Brazil

just for the sake of curiosity if anyone is interested in seeing some of the various flight logs with connection errors.

https://app.airdata.com/share/IEScAx
https://app.airdata.com/share/tnbQyV
https://app.airdata.com/share/ltlcsv
https://app.airdata.com/share/xaudZo
https://app.airdata.com/share/uQCgMx
https://app.airdata.com/share/fSYMNF
https://app.airdata.com/share/pvwWtc

In that time that I had the drone, I made several flights without connection problems!
But as I said, if I take off, hover in the air for a few seconds, it is 100% certain that he will lose connection and will not resume, if I start a video recording or take several photos with him stopped, the problem still happens faster!
2023-1-2
Use props
Lton85
lvl.3
Brazil

today my last hope for a partial refund of my purchase on ALIEXPRESS is over!
I confess that I am extremely disappointed with the DJI brand,
the dream of having a drone became a nightmare!

Just for the record, if you live in Brazil, think twice before buying an ALIEXPRESS drone, cheap can be extremely expensive!
2023-1-8
Use props
Zoooom
lvl.4

Australia

One of the guys on the mini 3 pro forum was having an appalling time trying to fly his drone in an urban area, due to all the wifi interference. Then he took it out rural, and it worked fine.
The RC-N1 is prone to disconnects when the Mini2 is in sport mode, and near my house, with wifi on, I know this. The DJI RC thing seems to keep a better connection, but doesn't go as far.
Have you tried the 5GHz band? Have you tried rural?
Can you borrow another N1?
Try flying it with no phone on the remote, and with phone in airplane mode.
Propellers start with sticks \ / down diagonal.

It does sound like the drone is bad, though. But you can't tell, until you take it rural.

2023-1-8
Use props
Lton85
lvl.3
Brazil

Zoooom Posted at 1-8 18:26
One of the guys on the mini 3 pro forum was having an appalling time trying to fly his drone in an urban area, due to all the wifi interference. Then he took it out rural, and it worked fine.
The RC-N1 is prone to disconnects when the Mini2 is in sport mode, and near my house, with wifi on, I know this. The DJI RC thing seems to keep a better connection, but doesn't go as far.
Have you tried the 5GHz band? Have you tried rural?

Yes, I've tested it in a rural area, honestly I've tested everything you can imagine, I've had a problem since December 10th, since then I've only tested it with a drone, my desire to destroy the drone, total dissatisfaction with the mini2!
just 2 log i shared in the countryside, 2 of the many tests i did

https://app.airdata.com/share/uQCgMx
https://app.airdata.com/share/fSYMNF
2023-1-9
Use props
Junior - Brazil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 476483 ft
Brazil

I know how you feel because I went through something similar that has been dragging on since January 2022. I'll try to summarize: after a year after I bought my Mavic Mini, it started to lose connection, but in my case it was gradual: it started to lose connection with less than 400m, then 100m and finally in less than 5m the signal was lost, with the same behavior as your video.
I called DJI Brasil 08008080333, they generated a case and, as requested, I sent it for a quote, since the warranty has expired. The diagnosis was the core board that burned. In these cases, DJI usually does not do the repair, but the replacement of the drone and the total cost was around R$1200. I could have given up on the budget and sold what was left as parts, but because I had a new drone back, with a guarantee, I made the decision to approve the budget.
I see a lot of people with similar problems, to be exact I've seen a lot of mini cases that heat up a lot when stopped connected to firmware updates for example.
I would try to get a quote there, who knows, it might be lucky and it could be a small problem, easy to solve and not expensive. Remembering that you will receive a number to inform the Post Office in order to generate the shipment and if you do not accept the quote, they will send you back to your home.

I wish you good luck and patience

2023-1-14
Use props
Lton85
lvl.3
Brazil

As I already imagined, the problem with my drone is HARDWARE (Aircraft Core Board Module), because if a DJI imported product does not offer a guarantee in BRAZIL, the repair cost is R$ 1,356.00 (about U$ 260.00) .

This makes me completely lose the will to use a drone, even seeing several reports of signal loss, which makes me think that this could happen again soon! Honestly I'm thinking of fixing it and selling it!
2023-1-19
Use props
ghvsoftarts
lvl.2
Flight distance : 74859 ft
Brazil

Este problema é um problema crônico do DJI MINI 1, MINI 2 e MINI 3. (TODOS POSSUEM ESTE DEFEITO)
Fui vitima "deste" firmware defeituoso.
Na verdade funciona assim: Os dones 1,2 e 3 NÃO possuem cooler para resfriamento. Caso a atualização demore muito, mais de 8 minutos, poderá acarretar em queima no chipset de 5.8 GHZ.
Esta informação deveria ser mencionada no manual dos equipamentos e ate mesmo no DJI FLY informando para realizar o update do firmware APENAS em dias frios ou em locais com muita ventilação.
Recomendando até mesmo o uso de ventos mecânicos para auxiliar no resfriamento do equipamento durante o update.
No Brasil algumas empresas conseguem trocar este chipset. A recomendação da DJI (suporte) é a troca da coreboard (placa mãe.)
Este erro amador (defeito oculto) deveria ser tratado com respeito ao cliente. Se pesquisar na internet verá VÁRIAS pessoas reportando o mesmo defeito. Forum da DJI, Forum MAVIC PILOTS, Youtube.
Basta colocar "DJI 5.8 GHZ stop work" que verá várias reclamações.

Comprei meu drone na BESTBUY no Canada em novembro de 2022 e vim para o Brasil. Recebi a atualização 01.06.0200 e realizei o update na sala de casa. Desde então nunca mais funcionou o 5.8 GHZ.
Abri um chamado na DJI Brasil e informarão que deveria enviar meu drone para o Canada para análise e repassaram meu chamado para a DJI Los Angeles.
Desde então venho trocado mensagens com DUKE (Funcionário do time de suporte da DJI) e até agora nenhuma solução.

É um absurdo um produto ser vendido com um erro tão básico que uma simples mensagem no DJI FLY resolveria.
Estou muito desapontado com a qualidade dos produtos DJI e com o descaso do suporte.
Está explicado porque a garantia não é global! (aff)
2023-2-26
Use props
ghvsoftarts
lvl.2
Brazil

This problem is a chronic problem of DJI MINI 1, MINI 2 and MINI 3. (ALL HAVE THIS DEFECT)
I was a victim of "this" defective firmware.
It actually works like this: Dones 1, 2 and 3 DO NOT have a cooling fan. If the update takes a long time, more than 8 minutes, it may cause the 5.8 GHZ chipset to burn out.
This information should be mentioned in the equipment manual and even in the DJI FLY informing to perform the firmware update ONLY on cold days or in places with a lot of ventilation.
Even recommending the use of mechanical winds to help cool the equipment during the update.
In Brazil some companies manage to change this chipset. DJI's recommendation (support) is to change the coreboard (motherboard.)
This amateur error (hidden defect) should be treated with respect for the customer. If you search the internet, you will see MANY people reporting the same defect. DJI Forum, MAVIC PILOTS Forum, Youtube.
Just put "DJI 5.8 GHZ stop work" and you will see several complaints.

I bought my drone at BESTBUY in Canada in November 2022 and I came to Brazil. I received the update 01.06.0200 and performed the update in the living room at home. Since then, the 5.8 GHZ has never worked again.
I opened a call at DJI Brasil and they informed me that I should send my drone to Canada for analysis and they forwarded my call to DJI Los Angeles.
Since then I've been exchanging messages with DUKE (DJI support team employee) and so far no solution.

It is absurd for a product to be sold with such a basic error that a simple message on DJI FLY would solve it.
I am very disappointed with the quality of DJI products and the lack of support.
It explains why the guarantee is not global! (ugh)
2023-2-26
Use props
djiuser_yh5nG777F7L1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1249222 ft
Philippines

definitely board problem, like my son's mini 2.
2023-2-26
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If directing the draught from a fan does not work, do the update via assistant 2 and a usb connection and put the drone in a fridge whilst doing the update? Or don't update or update only when the air temperature is low.
2023-2-27
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Lton85 Posted at 1-8 17:29
today my last hope for a partial refund of my purchase on ALIEXPRESS is over!
I confess that I am extremely disappointed with the DJI brand,
the dream of having a drone became a nightmare!

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
DJI does not provide global warranty, customers can obtain warranty service only at a designated DJI repair center in the region where he/she purchased the product. However, depending on part availability, customers can obtain cross-regional repair service at an additional charge.
For your issue, do you have any screen-recording for us to further verify the issue?
Please also tell us your DJI Account.
2023-2-27
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Junior - Brazil Posted at 1-14 18:37
I know how you feel because I went through something similar that has been dragging on since January 2022. I'll try to summarize: after a year after I bought my Mavic Mini, it started to lose connection, but in my case it was gradual: it started to lose connection with less than 400m, then 100m and finally in less than 5m the signal was lost, with the same behavior as your video.
I called DJI Brasil 08008080333, they generated a case and, as requested, I sent it for a quote, since the warranty has expired. The diagnosis was the core board that burned. In these cases, DJI usually does not do the repair, but the replacement of the drone and the total cost was around R$1200. I could have given up on the budget and sold what was left as parts, but because I had a new drone back, with a guarantee, I made the decision to approve the budget.
I see a lot of people with similar problems, to be exact I've seen a lot of mini cases that heat up a lot when stopped connected to firmware updates for example.

Hello, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. May we know if the repaired aircraft you received works properly? Please feel free to talk if you have any questions.
2023-2-27
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

ghvsoftarts Posted at 2-26 06:15
This problem is a chronic problem of DJI MINI 1, MINI 2 and MINI 3. (ALL HAVE THIS DEFECT)
I was a victim of "this" defective firmware.
It actually works like this: Dones 1, 2 and 3 DO NOT have a cooling fan. If the update takes a long time, more than 8 minutes, it may cause the 5.8 GHZ chipset to burn out.

Hello, there. Sorry for the late response. May we know which support recommend you change the core board?
DJI does not provide global warranty, customers can obtain warranty service only at a designated DJI repair center in the region where he/she purchased the product. However, depending on part availability, customers can obtain cross-regional repair service at an additional charge.
In your case, if you indeed want to obtain after-sales services, you need to send the aircraft back to our service center in Canada.
2023-2-27
Use props
ghvsoftarts
lvl.2
Brazil

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=286033
2023-2-28
Use props
Junior - Brazil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 476483 ft
Brazil

To conclude this post, in summary, because it was out of warranty, I had to pay to replace the core board worth around 240 dollars at the DJI repair center in Brazil. I received another aircraft, which I had to approve again at Anatel, due to the fact that the drone received was made in China and in the end I completely lost enthusiasm and confidence, to the point of exchanging it for a 3D printer. To try to recover the loss, I developed a cooling base to be used in firmware updates:

408645455_7098328503557732_7182175720265262775_n.jpg 408691175_6654559147999613_4672125204046663147_n.jpg
2023-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules