Mavic Air 2 not pairing or syncing
5427 18 2023-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ev0lution
lvl.1
Flight distance : 285016 ft
New Zealand

Ive just got the Mavic Air 2 out of the cupboard after about 3-4 months and fired it up.

It wouldnt connect to the the controller or DJIFly app, and wouldnt go into pairing mode. Ive also tried to connect to DJI Assistant but it wont recognise the drone via USB (the controller would synce to the PC tho so not the cable)

The drone fires up, the fans are humming and goes through the usual start up and beeps, but I also note no flashing lights. Ive followed the instructions to pair it, but no beep or change after 4+ seconds holding the button down.

It wont pair to the app, have tried different batteries, on and off again, and tried to update the firmware but it wont connect via USB either so now im out of ideas.

Was working fine before putting away.

Any one had the same issue or ideas how to fix?

2023-1-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are sorry to know about this issue. Could you please check if the app is up to date? Please download and install the latest app for a try. https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly Please follow the steps below to pair them again. If it still not works, please provide us with a video for further confirmation.
2023-1-1
Use props
ev0lution
lvl.1
New Zealand

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-1 01:53
Hi there, we are sorry to know about this issue. Could you please check if the app is up to date? Please download and install the latest app for a try. https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly Please follow the steps below to pair them again. If it still not works, please provide us with a video for further confirmation.
[view_image]

Thanks for the reply.

I have the latest version of dji fly and have uninstalled and reinstalled it etc as well.

Have followed the pairing instructions but no luck.

Video link attached showing won’t go to pairing mode.

https://youtu.be/hukjkxzYXuI

Thanks. Chris
2023-1-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ev0lution Posted at 1-1 12:09
Thanks for the reply.

I have the latest version of dji fly and have uninstalled and reinstalled it etc as well.

Could you please try to connect the Air 2 to the DJI Assistant 2 to see if it's able to refresh the firmware? https://www.dji.com/mavic-air-2/downloads If it does not work, you may need to submit a case and send it back for further diagnosis. http://www.dji.com/support
2023-1-2
Use props
ev0lution
lvl.1
New Zealand

I have tried to connect to DJI assistant but the PC won’t recognise the drone via USB (it will recognise the controller so the usb cable is ok)
It appears the USB port isn’t working either
2023-1-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ev0lution Posted at 1-2 23:59
I have tried to connect to DJI assistant but the PC won’t recognise the drone via USB (it will recognise the controller so the usb cable is ok)
It appears the USB port isn’t working either

May I ask did you try with another cable to see if it can be recognized? If it still not works, please submit a case through the link above.
2023-1-3
Use props
CaPunG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 807041 ft
Indonesia

Try another remote controller
2023-1-5
Use props
djiuser_H5imunVX6b1M
New

United States

I am having trouble pairing my DJI mavic Air 2 to my Android phone which is a Samsung a 50 never paired it before but I've read there's been some issues with Android phones pairing with the DJI mavic Air 2 drones can you shed some light on this for me please thank you
2023-1-12
Use props
Fran - Air 2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 435112 ft

South Africa

Just to trouble shoot, have you connected this drone to the same PC before, did you download the correct assistant,there are two versions? If not you will need to follow the steps to install the drone drivers first, the thread in the link below will assist you with the process for installing drivers.

https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... se-my-air-2.106039/

2023-1-12
Use props
Fran - Air 2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 435112 ft

South Africa

djiuser_H5imunVX6b1M Posted at 1-12 16:26
I am having trouble pairing my DJI mavic Air 2 to my Android phone which is a Samsung a 50 never paired it before but I've read there's been some issues with Android phones pairing with the DJI mavic Air 2 drones can you shed some light on this for me please thank you

Have you uninstalled and reinstalled the application?

My process for startup below, hope it helps:
1. Turn om drone.
2. Connect RC to remote with supplied wire.
3. Turn on RC.
4. Open DJI Fly.
2023-1-12
Use props
fansef83cb9b
New
Flight distance : 32146 ft
United States

I have the same issues.  No beeps, no lights, won't go into pairing mode, DJI will no longer allow me to post for support apparently because the drone is a few years old.  This issue comes up all over the forums but no real support is offered and only weak suggestions.  ("You're not turning the drone on correctly.")  I was in the market for a MP3 but no more.  the MA2 was a great drone, no crashes, well cared for until it just stopped working.
2023-8-24
Use props
ev0lution
lvl.1
New Zealand

fansef83cb9b Posted at 8-24 07:43
I have the same issues.  No beeps, no lights, won't go into pairing mode, DJI will no longer allow me to post for support apparently because the drone is a few years old.  This issue comes up all over the forums but no real support is offered and only weak suggestions.  ("You're not turning the drone on correctly.")  I was in the market for a MP3 but no more.  the MA2 was a great drone, no crashes, well cared for until it just stopped working.

It turned out it was the “motherboard” that had died. Sent it away to a DJI repairer and all sorted again now.  
2023-8-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fansef83cb9b Posted at 8-24 07:43
I have the same issues.  No beeps, no lights, won't go into pairing mode, DJI will no longer allow me to post for support apparently because the drone is a few years old.  This issue comes up all over the forums but no real support is offered and only weak suggestions.  ("You're not turning the drone on correctly.")  I was in the market for a MP3 but no more.  the MA2 was a great drone, no crashes, well cared for until it just stopped working.

Hi there. I am sorry about the trouble. I have replied to you from this thread: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=230822. Please reach back if you have further concerns. Have a great day ahead.
2023-8-25
Use props
PCDroneGuy.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3300653 ft
United States

I have the same issue where there are no lights after powering on the aircraft. The aircraft is powered on but doesn't make a beep when I hold down the power button for 4 seconds to enter pairing mode. My computer doesn't see a device when connected with a USB cable.

I just bought a bunch of stuff to get this going again for a Christmas present.

How much did it cost to get a new motherboard?
2023-11-21
Use props
ev0lution
lvl.1
New Zealand

It was about $700 NZD for new motherboard. Was returned  all refurbished as well, new frame and blades etc.
2023-11-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

PCDroneGuy.com Posted at 11-21 15:13
I have the same issue where there are no lights after powering on the aircraft. The aircraft is powered on but doesn't make a beep when I hold down the power button for 4 seconds to enter pairing mode. My computer doesn't see a device when connected with a USB cable.

I just bought a bunch of stuff to get this going again for a Christmas present.

Hi. Sorry about the trouble. If you need to send the drone for repair, you can submit a request using this link: https://www.dji.com/support/repair. The warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the assessment including the warranty period of your unit. We appreciate your great support.
2023-11-21
Use props
djiuser_E7PdVfbudflF
New

Australia

Okay i worked something out, Galaxy not 9 and 22 will not connect to drone, i tried my note 9 then partners note 22 and wont work, but when i tried step sons iphone 12 pro its worked fine, so it sounds like a software issue with Android atm which sucks i only have android to use.
I didnt trouble shoot the type c cable from transmitter to phone as i dont have a spare cable yet, to say for sure cable is fine... but at least i know my drone is not dead its just a android issue by reading the comments.
1-21 21:39
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_E7PdVfbudflF Posted at 1-21 21:39
Okay i worked something out, Galaxy not 9 and 22 will not connect to drone, i tried my note 9 then partners note 22 and wont work, but when i tried step sons iphone 12 pro its worked fine, so it sounds like a software issue with Android atm which sucks i only have android to use.
I didnt trouble shoot the type c cable from transmitter to phone as i dont have a spare cable yet, to say for sure cable is fine... but at least i know my drone is not dead its just a android issue by reading the comments.

Hi, there. We're sorry for the inconvenience. Please follow our recommendations below:

> Remove the protective case if there's any.
> Test with a different mobile device if possible.
> Try to disconnect and reconnect the USB cable, and then check whether the remote controller is connected to the mobile phone.
> Try to disconnect and reconnect the USB cable, and then check whether the remote controller is connected to the mobile phone.
> Make sure the cable is properly connected from the RC-N1 going to the mobile device. In addition, you may try to plug in one end of the cable normally and upside down for further testing.
> Restart the remote controller and try again.
> Enable USB Debugging on your device.
> You may try to switch between "Charge Only" and "Transfer files" when this prompts upon connecting the device for further testing.

I hope the information helps. Kindly feel free to keep us posted on the latest progress.
1-25 00:49
Use props
fans7b489fd0
New

Netherlands

Today I wanted to fly my air2 for the first time in a few months time. I've had the drone for a few years and it has always performed without problems. Now it displayed the same symptoms.

My phone's androids version had updated and dji fly app as well. So I suspected that side, but it was impossible to put the drone in pairing mode. And no lights on the drone, exactly as described in the other posts. I've tried everything but no results. And the drone cannot connect via usb...

I think it is quite surprising that this problem suddenly pops up since a few months with several drones. Motherboard? They all die at the same time? Sounds to me like an incorrect update that killed the drone ...
4-29 10:05
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules