Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sgeprods
lvl.3
Flight distance : 57841 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi all,

Did a search here & also looked thru the manual but havent found anything (I have been accused of domestic blindness before).  Question is, does the P3 need to be on level ground when you first boot it up befeore your flight?  If not will this effect the horizon etc.

Thanks.
2015-8-16
Use props
CaveDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11549 ft
United States

Absolutely. ..
2015-8-16
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

In my personal opinion and personal flights, i was able to initialize and take off from a tilted ground due to being on a hill with a 1 or 2 degree incline and the phantom was level in the air with perfect horizon, the key is a perfect IMU calibration (makes sure the gyroscope is 100% level thats where it gets its info of when its level) on a level surface and it uses that to get the correct leveling mid flight and post startup hover.

Plus as a prequisite you must be able to hover flybar helicopters before you attempt it on your own, and i take no responsibility in your actions if you crash yours.
2015-8-16
Use props
sgeprods
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-8-17 06:39
In my personal opinion and personal flights, i was able to initialize and take off from a tilted gro ...

Thanks Willie,  My IMU cal is all done according to specs & sits where it should.  I have had some experience with a Gaui 500x, then Hoverfly after that & previously RC aircraft.  Still I always tread with caution .

I was at a cliff near the ocean the other day & came across a take off pad that is used by hang gliders (no one around) but it did have a slope where they run down to get the speed up but didn't risk a take off from there as I was unsure of how the P3 would react.

Normally I would find the most level ground I can but this thing seems 'smarter' than my previous birds I wasnt sure.  Loving my P3.  I think its amazing what you get for your $ with this baby (hardware & software).

Cheers.
2015-8-16
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

sgeprods Posted at 2015-8-17 08:14
Thanks Willie,  My IMU cal is all done according to specs & sits where it should.  I have had some  ...

Glad you are having fun with it !  I myself pushing my phantom to the limit and it has a very good controller a lot better than the naza v2.
2015-8-16
Use props
sgeprods
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

Cheers Cavedrone.
2015-8-16
Use props
CaveDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11549 ft
United States

Cheers, Matey
2015-8-17
Use props
axidify
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2867146 ft
Malaysia

you can but, it might tip over. just give it some counter aileron
2015-8-17
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

to answer your question i just went and turned on my p3 holding it at an angle, the gimble leveled itself initially at that angle. i then put it leve, at first gimble was not level but after a couple of seconds it righted itself to a horizontal level.
hope it answered your question!!
have fun
2015-8-17
Use props
john_351
lvl.2
Flight distance : 128675 ft
United States

I take off from tilted area quite often with no effect at all.   My condo has an empty spot and fields behind I take off from.
The take off area is tilted and not consitant.

Take off area

Overview

Well for some reason it insists on flipping the pictures...
DJI_0028.jpg
DJI_0067.jpg
2015-8-17
Use props
sgeprods
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

john_351@yahoo. Posted at 2015-8-18 10:08
I take off from tilted area quite often with no effect at all.   My condo has an empty spot and fiel ...

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.
2015-8-18
Use props
sgeprods
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-18 05:21
to answer your question i just went and turned on my p3 holding it at an angle, the gimble leveled i ...

Appreciate your input.
2015-8-18
Use props
liningiv
lvl.4
Flight distance : 329409 ft
United Kingdom

In my experience it does not matter.
Be careful in windy conditions as it can tip over when the motors briefly rev up to make sure the props are tight.
Enjoy.
2015-8-18
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

You can take off from Uneven surfaces. It will not create a problem for you.
2015-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules