DJI Mic Receiver Frozen On Firmware Display (w Video)
9059 12 2023-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skyzlmt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2191946 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mic is frozen on Firmware display.  I cant exit the screen or even power it off!  I hope the solution isnt to wait hours for the batter to deplete?   
I also tried plugging the USBc cord back in to see if PC recognizes again as a drive. Nope. This software is100% frozen
What sucks is heading out to a big city New Years Day event to film, and wanted to check firmware and sound levels first.  I did have the USB-PC cord in and removed it during sometime during my checking settings and firmware.  Seems I wont be able to use.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/1uf_Q34E3c0

2023-1-1
Use props
Skyzlmt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2191946 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fixed.  After it sat over an hour I held the power in much longer. 20-30 seconds.  It powered down. When restarted it was fine again.

Most likely it just needed power button held longer.

But 100% it was frozen.  Something for DJI to look into.
2023-1-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Skyzlmt Posted at 1-1 10:47
Fixed.  After it sat over an hour I held the power in much longer. 20-30 seconds.  It powered down. When restarted it was fine again.

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Pressing and holding the power button for at least 15 seconds can execute a forced shutdown. If the operation does not work or the issue persists after having restarted the device, please tell us your product serial number and send the product back for testing.
Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/support/repair?from=store_footer
2023-1-2
Use props
MartinBG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 282044 ft
Bulgaria

I had the same issue, but during FW upgrade (v02.00.72.87).

Here's what I did:

1. Updated receiver to the latest FW version (both transmitters in the charging box at the time)  - OK
2. Updated first transmitter to the latest FW version (it auto-connected to the receiver and I was able to see the new version there) - OK
3. While still on the Transmitter Version display I returned the upgraded transmitter to the box and started updating the second one - it updated correctly, but receiver hanged on the Transmitter Version display

Holding the power button for ~15 seconds solved the problem (shut down, upon restart all was OK)
2023-2-3
Use props
G studio27
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2129199 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just had exactly the same issue happened twice in the last 2 days while filming interviews at an event. Luckily I had a back up shotgun mic with an xlr to mini jack so I managed to get my interviews. Not happy with this producd, will send it back as I can't have that happen again on a shoot.
2023-2-19
Use props
djiuser_gzgUnsYx3u3S
lvl.1

France

Sadly I got the same problem today, I didn't know I have to keep my finger on the power button even for 30 sec, luckily I had my good old rode system with me.. DJI please fix this....
2023-3-3
Use props
djiuser_gzgUnsYx3u3S
lvl.1

France

Sadly I got the same problem today, I didn't know I have to keep my finger on the power button even for 30 sec, luckily I had my good old rode system with me.. DJI please fix this....
2023-3-3
Use props
aqammt
lvl.1

Austria

This happened to me today too. I'm very unhappy as it si the first time that we used the kit on location and it let me down with little time or signal to troubleshoot.
Have now held the power button for around twenty seconds and it reset and works fine.
2023-3-29
Use props
djiuser_cSZW9oW9tJfP
lvl.1

Netherlands

Skyzlmt Posted at 1-1 10:47

Same here. THX for the solution!! Worked!
2023-11-26
Use props
antonio83
lvl.1

Italy

Buongiorno,
il mio ricevitore non si accende anche mettendolo in carica. nota: temperatura ricevitore intorno al 30°C
2023-11-30
Use props
djiuser_cbEHefw2Rhn2
New

United States

I purchased mine last month for vacation this month. I tested it at home worked fine. I get to the Philippines I'm able to use it for about 1 and 1/2 days and it froze up. Luckily I was at SM Seaside Mall in Cebu which has a DJI store. So I take it to the store the employee looks at it messes with it and tells me sorry nothing I can do. Tells me it has a one month warranty when you get home send it back. My vacation is one month in the Philippines. I hope this thing wakes up.
1-21 00:47
Use props
GJR-CIP
lvl.1

Philippines

I tried everything - finally after shooting our last scene WITHOUT sound - now I have to do a voiceover back at home, won't be as good but will make it work. This Freezing problem has happened late February when we were out filming and today again March 5, 2024 - frustrating but now I know hold the power button down until powers off, normally 2 seconds, today to unfreeze it was just under 9 seconds and it powered off. On restart all back to normal. Freezing is NOT a new problem, as this thread started Jan 1, 2023 and it is now March 5, 2024 but DJI doesn't fix.
3-5 03:22
Use props
Base Camp Treats
New

United States

I just revived my DJI Mic and first thing is that the touch screen is not working, the screen is unlocked and I've held the power button down 15-20 seconds for a reset but it still is not working. It's stuck on the "language". Help please!
3-12 08:36
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules