Should I replace my Phantom motors?
1187 6 2014-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
petertruss
New

United States

Hello all,

I've been flying my Phantom 2 Plus v3 with much success until today. While landing I hit an uneven spot which caused the drone to fall forward on the props. The two in front were held in place unable to move, while the back two continued to spin. I was able to get the drone upright to see what the damage was and ended up having to replace the front propellers. What I would like to know is if the propellers being held in place could have damaged the motors (due to strain)?
After replacing the props and taking off again, the drone seems to be able to hover in place. I also took the bird up 300 ft and was able to reach a top speed of 30 mph in GPS mode. Should I be concerned about the front motors?

2014-12-5
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

No - your looking for a problem that does not exist.
2014-12-5
Use props
Cloud9
lvl.1
United States

umpa Posted at 2014-12-5 17:35
No - your looking for a problem that does not exist.

this
you'll have a lot more to worry about in future..nicked props is quite minor
2014-12-5
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Not sure what you mean. We are discussing motors not props.
2014-12-5
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

umpa Posted at 2014-12-6 00:47
Not sure what you mean. We are discussing motors not props.

After your flight, are the 2 motors feeling hotter than the other 2 motors?  Are they making strange sounds now?  Do you feel more resistance in the motors when you turn them by hand?  Are they turning slower when at idle speed?  If the answer to those questions are no, then don't worry about them.  I crashed mine after about 5 flights and 2 props dug a 3 inch hole in the dirt before I got them turned off.  Lost 2 props, but have made more than 50 more flights on the same motors with no problems.
2014-12-5
Use props
knarfboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 494508 ft
  • >>>
Germany

If you have a DJI Support near your place, ask him to upgrade the Firmware on your v2.0 ESC's from 4.02 to 4.06 ....
Seems some bugs / problems in 4.02
2014-12-5
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

If you do , let me know and ill buy your motors off you.....
2014-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules