IOS and incorrect "not enough storage" message
5674 14 2023-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
asbach
lvl.1

Germany

I'm unable to copy any longer videos to an iPhone 12 (iOS 16.2) from my Action 3, as I will always get an error message about insufficient storage on the device:
IMG_7357.jpeg

And with 40GiB of space left, that should be just enough to copy a 4GiB Video to my device.
IMG_7358.jpeg

Is this a known bug, is there a workaround?
2023-1-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, asbach. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. The issue occurs because the video will be downloaded to the app first and then to the system album, so it takes up twice the storage space during the download, and the iOS system also needs to reserve a certain amount of redundancy space. Please perform the following steps below:

1. Clear some storage space in the mobile phone and exit running app backgrounds before retrying.
2. If the downloading still fails, provide the screenshot showing the photo/video resolution, frame rate, the time when the prompt appeared, and app logs.
DJI Mimo app log location:
iOS: /Documents/Logs and /Documents/sdk (two file folders are packed for sending)

We will wait for your update. Thank you.  
2023-1-2
Use props
asbach
lvl.1

Germany

Hi, with 54 GiB free space I still get the warning with the following file:

time of the event is approximately 10:38 local time but I'm unable to upload the log files because of the 1MB limit in the forum.
IMG_7362.jpeg
2023-1-3
Use props
MotoRoel
lvl.2

Netherlands

I am also facing this issue. I can not use the app like I would. It’s impossible to download videos to my phone
C3F2FCC4-AE26-49C0-A4AC-FFC0A25341BE.png
2023-1-4
Use props
djiuser_yGlSKEx2FpM4
New

Thailand

Never had this problem before until yesterday. My phone has 70+GB space free. I’ve deleted most pictures and videos from the DJI Fly App. Yes I still have the out of storage on my mobile phone error. It is frustrating because I can’t transfer pictures and videos while I’m out. This is disappointing and frustrating.
2023-1-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_yGlSKEx2FpM4 Posted at 1-5 05:12
Never had this problem before until yesterday. My phone has 70+GB space free. I’ve deleted most pictures and videos from the DJI Fly App. Yes I still have the out of storage on my mobile phone error. It is frustrating because I can’t transfer pictures and videos while I’m out. This is disappointing and frustrating.

Hi there. We are sorry you are going through the same concern. As advised by DJI Gamora, kindly provide us with the details posted in response #2 so we may perform a thorough investigation of your concerns. We look forward to your update. Thank you.
2023-1-9
Use props
djiuser_4taO4Tflx8iZ
New
United Kingdom

I am also having this issue, please can someone sort it out!?! I find it very frustrating and problematic especially considering the amount of hard earned money spent on these devices
2023-5-8
Use props
Sandipan Chandra
New

Germany

I also face this same issue with my iPhone 13 which has more than 70 GB of free storage and the file that I trying to transfer from the drone is just 3.5 GB
2023-8-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Sandipan Chandra Posted at 8-15 07:07
I also face this same issue with my iPhone 13 which has more than 70 GB of free storage and the file that I trying to transfer from the drone is just 3.5 GB

Hello there. Sorry about the trouble. A possible issue might be the available storage displayed by iOS is not the actual available space. Besides, when using the app to store cache files such as WeChat pictures, the storage occupied by these files is not counted, so the actual available storage in the mobile phone is not sufficient to download and store footage. Please refer to Gamora's steps in reply #2. Have a great day ahead.

2023-8-17
Use props
djiuser_cBqv7Hk1ggBJ
New

Japan

Same problem with me. Still have plenty of space on my ip12
2023-11-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_cBqv7Hk1ggBJ Posted at 11-25 23:01
Same problem with me. Still have plenty of space on my ip12

Hello there. Our engineers have determined the possible cause of the issue. The prompt appears due to the iOS system’s calculation logic for available storage, following which the storage occupied by the app cache is not counted, thus causing the actual available storage to be smaller than that displayed in the system. Therefore, when using the DJI Mimo app to download footage, no sufficient storage is available. It is recommended to clear your mobile phone app cache before downloading footage. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-11-27
Use props
djiuser_kO8OkQZ47NKb
lvl.1

Australia

Im also experiencing this issue with my iPhone 14. Only started today I’m trying to export a 2min video. I have well over 200gb of free storage on my phone. I have deleted files from DJI fly app. This is extremely frustrating. Has to be a bug in the LightCut app. Before today I have seamlessly exported many videos with out issue.
3-6 18:47
Use props
djiuser_8uGrDbBt4ztl
New
Canada

DJI Tony Posted at 2023-8-17 03:00
Hello there. Sorry about the trouble. A possible issue might be the available storage displayed by iOS is not the actual available space. Besides, when using the app to store cache files such as WeChat pictures, the storage occupied by these files is not counted, so the actual available storage in the mobile phone is not sufficient to download and store footage. Please refer to Gamora's steps in reply #2. Have a great day ahead.

Theres plenty of space on all of our phones sort out the issue dji its not our phones it your app! Trash
3-12 21:54
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_8uGrDbBt4ztl Posted at 3-12 21:54
Theres plenty of space on all of our phones sort out the issue dji its not our phones it your app! Trash

Hi. Sorry about the trouble you are experiencing. Please submit your app log for us to check further. To upload the app log, please perform as follows:
Go to “Profile”, tap the Settings icon, select “DJI Support”, and “Log Upload”, and enter the log upload interface. Then input the related information and tap “Submit”. “Uploading Log” will be shown in the app and the QR code will be generated after upload.
Please provide us the screenshot of the generated QR code and then send us your DJI account. Thank you for your patience
3-13 02:35
Use props
vipaaaa
New

Thailand

I have the same problem, insufficient storage error shows even plenty of phone storage. I think the problem comes from cache in Light cut app. Go to Settings in app and Settings->Clear cache->clear and  Settings->Clear Device Drafts Cache->clear. If it doesn't work, delete the app and reinstall. It works for me.
4-7 20:53
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules