DJI Mavic 3 Classic no C1 label.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DannyH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 826047 ft
Australia

I received a M3C for Christmas here in Australia. To my surprise it had no C1 label. I contacted DJI as I travel to Europe on holidays and was looking forward to the C1 benefits. They are telling me now that only the following can get access to the C1 label:

As per checking, the C1 label application portal is only available when your drone fulfills the following 3 conditions:
a. Your drone type is Mavic 3 or Mavic 3 Cine;
b. DJI APP version is 1.9.0 or above and Firmware version is 01.00.0900 or above;
c. Drone now is in the European Economic Area (EEA) ;

Ive reminded them that their press release of August advised that all Mavic 3 series owners would have access to the C 1 label by Q4 2022. I'm still waiting on a reply.

The C1 label was a big buying point for me so I hope they honour their word.
2023-1-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Users from around the world can fly in Europe, Liechtenstein, Norway, and Iceland without C1 certification until the end of 2023.

The implementation time will be different in different countries. So if you have plans to use the drone in the EEA area, please check the regulatory information of the country you actually fly in advance before flying.

However, during the 20230101-20240101 period, all EEA countries have a 1-year transition period. During the transition period, you can fly without a C1 certificate until the end of 2023. However, until then, you can only fly in the Open A2 category and you will have to have an A2 “Remote Piloting License”(for the license you can check with your local Civil Aviation Authority which will have a list of certified examiners in your country).

For more details on the regulation during the transition period, please refer to the following website:

https://www.bazl.admin.ch/bazl/e ... dnishilfe/news.html

https://www.bazl.admin.ch/bazl/e ... e_limited-open.html

Additional information A, when you arrive at the EEA, you can also apply the C1 label if you have needs as the following process and it also will not affect your flight when you back to your original place.

> https://viewpoints.dji.com/blog/ ... nLcfCng-93627947628

> http://s.dji.guide/XqgjqF
2023-1-2
Use props
DannyH
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Wanda Posted at 1-2 00:28
Hello, there. Users from around the world can fly in Europe, Liechtenstein, Norway, and Iceland without C1 certification until the end of 2023.

The implementation time will be different in different countries. So if you have plans to use the drone in the EEA area, please check the regulatory information of the country you actually fly in advance before flying.

Hi DJI Wanda, Thanks for the quick reply but unfortunately your answer only reflects what I already know. All the solutions proposed require expense, time or inconvenience for me. What is not being addressed is that DJI have made a statement and it is not being applied.  Additionally your "Additional Information A" is incorrect in that you cannot request a C1 label for a M3 Classic at that link, only M3 or M3 Cine.

I understand that some Classics have or are shipping with a C1 label, particularly in the EEU and a bit hit and miss in the UK.

Below is a link to the DJI statement of August 2022:

https://www.dji.com/au/newsroom/ ... -for-mavic-3-series

The important paragraph is:

"The application process for obtaining the new C1 class identification label for the Mavic 3 series is scheduled to be available to all customers from Q4/2022. From that date, users can request it on a voluntary basis - easily and at no cost. The process will require them to provide their drone serial number and confirmation that they have updated to the firmware needed to obtain C1 certification. More details will be announced at the time."

Currently no path exists to request a C1 identification label for Classics that were not shipped with the label affixed.

Please advise when the above will be available?
2023-1-2
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

DannyH Posted at 1-2 01:26
Hi DJI Wanda, Thanks for the quick reply but unfortunately your answer only reflects what I already know. All the solutions proposed require expense, time or inconvenience for me. What is not being addressed is that DJI have made a statement and it is not being applied.  Additionally your "Additional Information A" is incorrect in that you cannot request a C1 label for a M3 Classic at that link, only M3 or M3 Cine.

I understand that some Classics have or are shipping with a C1 label, particularly in the EEU and a bit hit and miss in the UK.

Hi, Sorry for the late response. Would you please let us know which EU country you are bounding for?
2023-1-4
Use props
DannyH
lvl.2
Australia

Hi, In my case it will be Iceland and Faroe Islands (Denmark) and possibly Copenhagen. I would expect that people in the UK would visit EEU countries on a more regular basis and they have the same potential problem, now that the UK has reneged on their EASA promise. All I am looking for is a pathway to the C1 certificate, even if it an on request prior to travel. You have a pathway for M3 and M3 cine, could you just include the Classic?
2023-1-4
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

DannyH Posted at 1-4 02:08
Hi, In my case it will be Iceland and Faroe Islands (Denmark) and possibly Copenhagen. I would expect that people in the UK would visit EEU countries on a more regular basis and they have the same potential problem, now that the UK has reneged on their EASA promise. All I am looking for is a pathway to the C1 certificate, even if it an on request prior to travel. You have a pathway for M3 and M3 cine, could you just include the Classic?

Hello, there. Sorry for the late response. We can not see the notification if you do not reply directly to our thread. We saw that your case has been following up by our supervisor teams. We communicated with them, they will reply to you as soon as possible.
2023-1-12
Use props
barker_homeme.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1065748 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Mavic 3 Classic - Missing C1 Label

I purchasd a Mavic 3 Classic. The box indicates that it has a EU C1 rating (see photo)

However the drone itself does not have the C1 label attached. The next 2 photos are of the drone to show that C1 label is not on the back of front rotar arms.

This photo confrms that it is a Mavic 3 Classic

These last two photos are of the battery compartment to show  that the drone has the same serial number as listed on the box.

IMG_0258.jpeg

It looks like DJI failed to attach the C1 labels to the drone. How do I get the C1 labels that should have been attached to the drone in the first place?

2023-4-28
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

barker_homeme.com Posted at 4-28 11:54
I purchasd a Mavic 3 Classic. The box indicates that it has a EU C1 rating (see photo)

Hello, there. Sorry for the late response. We checked that your drone 1581F67PB229U00201ND was bought from the United States.
C1 certificate is applicable to EU regulations (all 27 member states of the European Union plus Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Norway,Swizerland ). Mavic 3 Classic (EU) already has a C1 certificate, and other versions of the Mavic 3 series do not have it yet.
2023-4-29
Use props
barker_homeme.com
lvl.2
  • >>>
Poland

DJI Wanda Posted at 4-29 04:50
Hello, there. Sorry for the late response. We checked that your drone 1581F67PB229U00201ND was bought from the United States.
C1 certificate is applicable to EU regulations (all 27 member states of the European Union plus Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Norway,Swizerland ). Mavic 3 Classic (EU) already has a C1 certificate, and other versions of the Mavic 3 series do not have it yet.

I live and work in Europe. The drone has never  been flown outside EU. I have the required EU license (A1A3). So what do I need to do to get C1 label?  Remember it’s a Mavic 3 classic so don’t send me to the Mavic 3 Mavic Cin link.
2023-5-5
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

barker_homeme.com Posted at 5-5 10:33
I live and work in Europe. The drone has never  been flown outside EU. I have the required EU license (A1A3). So what do I need to do to get C1 label?  Remember it’s a Mavic 3 classic so don’t send me to the Mavic 3 Mavic Cin link.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &extra=page%3D1
2023-5-5
Use props
barker_homeme.com
lvl.2
  • >>>
Poland

LV_Forestry Posted at 5-5 10:50
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=280867&extra=page%3D1

Thanks but that  only works for Mavic 3 and Mavic 3 Cine. Won’t work for Mavic 3 Classic.
2023-5-5
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

barker_homeme.com Posted at 5-5 10:59
Thanks but that  only works for Mavic 3 and Mavic 3 Cine. Won’t work for Mavic 3 Classic.

Read please before asking. Someone has already asked on post Nr 143 answered post Nr 152. You will have better luck to ask your question there by replying.
2023-5-5
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Thanks but that  only works for Mavic 3 and Mavic 3 Cine. Won’t work for Mavic 3 Classic.

1.JPG

Check if you don't have a label like this one on your drone, you will find the answer to your question.
2023-5-5
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Thanks but that  only works for Mavic 3 and Mavic 3 Cine. Won’t work for Mavic 3 Classic.

I had not seen the response of the moderator in Nr8. If it is imported from the US, you will actually have a problem.
2023-5-5
Use props
barker_homeme.com
lvl.2
  • >>>
Poland

LV_Forestry Posted at 5-5 11:20
I had not seen the response of the moderator in Nr8. If it is imported from the US, you will actually have a problem.

According to the label on the box it meets EU requiments and is C1 compliant
2023-5-5
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

barker_homeme.com Posted at 5-5 12:48
[view_image]According to the label on the box it meets EU requiments and is C1 compliant

Ah ok so you just miss the sticker on the drone. Another victory for DJI. There really are people who don't exercise their brains in this company. The person in charge of making the boxes thought about it, but not the one in charge of making the labels for the drone.

Well anyway I don't think it's a problem but it would be good to send an email to your CAA to find out what they think of it by giving them the following elements:
-You bought a new DJI drone, in its original box.
-On the box there is the C1 logo
-In the manual there is the description of the certification which corresponds to C1, page 89 : https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI_Mavic_3_Classic/Mavic_3_Classic_User_Manual_v1.2_enI.pdf
-C1 is not mentioned anywhere on the drone.
In accordance with article 16.2 of the 945, the C label must be on the drone in a visible way.
Consolidated TEXT: 32019R0945 — EN — 09.08.2020 (europa.eu)

This is a fault of the manufacturer. You are entitled to claim the label even if the drone was purchased in the US, since it is mentioned on the packaging.

PM DJI Natalia, chances are you'll get a good answer.

2023-5-5
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

[view_image]According to the label on the box it meets EU requiments and is C1 compliant

At the same time it is a North America version that you have. There should also be the CE mark on the label, except there it is not.

Article 16.1
Consolidated TEXT: 32019R0945 — EN — 09.08.2020 (europa.eu)

1.JPG

I'm not even sure if you can just fly it A1 A2 or A3... legally without this CE marking.
2023-5-5
Use props
barker_homeme.com
lvl.2
  • >>>
Poland

Had not noticed that. But the CE cert is on the box and in the safety pamphlet in the box.
IMG_0252.jpeg
IMG_9936.jpeg
2023-5-5
Use props
barker_homeme.com
lvl.2
  • >>>
Poland

LV_Forestry Posted at 5-5 13:11
Ah ok so you just miss the sticker on the drone. Another victory for DJI. There really are people who don't exercise their brains in this company. The person in charge of making the boxes thought about it, but not the one in charge of making the labels for the drone.

Well anyway I don't think it's a problem but it would be good to send an email to your CAA to find out what they think of it by giving them the following elements:

Thanks  for the help. I do appreciate it.
2023-5-6
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

barker_homeme.com Posted at 5-6 01:13
Thanks  for the help. I do appreciate it.

CE is also on the drone ?
2023-5-6
Use props
Heinz Donsbach
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56575 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Meine Mavic 3 Classic hat das Etikett an der Seite

20230507_154346.jpg
2023-5-7
Use props
Ankit Parekh
New

India

Hi All,

I am from India and i am looking to buy DJI MAVIC 3 CLASSIC.
Travelling for holidays in Europe, specially ITALY, SWISS, AUSTRIA, PRAGUE, London & Scotland.

Does it require license to fly in any of these countries?

Pls reply.

With Regards,

Ankit Parekh
2023-5-10
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Ankit Parekh Posted at 5-10 09:22
Hi All,

I am from India and i am looking to buy DJI MAVIC 3 CLASSIC.

https://www.easa.europa.eu/en/do ... tegory-civil-drones
2023-5-10
Use props
rvdt
New

Portugal

[view_image]According to the label on the box it meets EU requiments and is C1 compliant

Hey been following this thread. Did you ever get an update on getting the compliant stickers
2023-7-1
Use props
fansf0549bab
New

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2023-4-29 04:50

If the DJI Mavic Classic is CE 1 already, then why are the stickers only on the box and not on the drone itself just because it’s a US version? That stops anyone from North America from flying in Europe even if they got their proper training. Has this been resolved and stickers added to the classic drones yet? I am traveling to Germany and looking to buy a M3classic but this is very concerning
2-15 03:34
Use props
Heinz Donsbach
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56575 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Ich lebe in Deutschland und habe meine Drohne im DJI Store gekauft. Ich habe auch kein C1-Etikett auf dem Drohnenarm. C1 ist nur auf der Seite über dem quadratischen Aufkleber zu sehen

Drohne

Drohne
2-15 09:51
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules