DJI AVATA Software Problem ?
3847 14 2023-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nikolas12193
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1689551 ft
Austria

Last Week, I wanted to update my DJI Avata to the latest software (the 10Bit Color Update). At first the update went wrong 4–5 times, but then it works. But the update was still not installed, although a message appeared that it was installed.  After I thought I have installed the update, I updated the Goggles V2 and the Remote Controller 2.
On that day I go out for a flight to test everything.

When I started the Avata i got an error message that de Firmware of the Googles, Remotecontroller 2 and Avata was incompatible (because the Update on the Avata never worked).

Shortly after the take-off, I noticed that the Drone didn't record and the Goggles showed that there was no SD Card in the Device, but I was sure I put it in the Avata before the flight. After flying away a few meters, the Avata lost connection and started acting strange (like there was no GPS and no sensors to stabilize it).  She didn't float in place, but flew against the ground then back up into the air. After getting connection back, I landed safely.

In conclusion, after that I had these Problems:

- the internal memory of the Avata is not recognized by the PC (I tested it on MAC and Windows 10,11. No matter if the drone is turned on or off.

- Additionally, the internal memory cannot be used by the Avata itself. It cannot even be formatted directly from the drone via the goggles. The drone only gives an error message

- the SD card I already used before (without problems) doesn't get recognized by the Avata.

- in the Video menu I can't change the storage mode to 'internal storage' only SD can be selected but the SD doesn't get recognized.

- lost connection to DJI Controller 2 and DJI Googles V2 though the drone was only a few feet away

-  I also extremely noticed is that the Avata behaves very restlessly in hover mode. She twitches and levitates very restlessly. The drone will also start flying in one direction until it stops after a few seconds and then flies in one direction again.

Immediately afterward, I looked for the problem and noticed that the software was still the older one.
I plugged the Avata into the PC and tried again to update it via the DJI Assistant2 (Consumer Drone Series). When the update was at 85% in the "Updating" status, it stopped and the drone turned off, but didn't turn on again. Then I noticed that the drone was very warm, I left it switched off to cool down. Then I tried to plug in the Avata to the PC, but it was no longer recognized. I tried different cables and 4 different PC's (Windows 10, 11 and MAC).

After that I really tried everything to connect the Avata to the DJI Assistant2 (with SD and without, different cabled, different PC's and plug in at different times) but nothing works.

I really hope that someone of you can help me and thank you in advance.

2023-1-2
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

Most of the problems you listed can be corrupted Firmware
Yes, sometimes can be frustrating....
I would start by change the USB cable you are using (seems like USB-C to USB-C  is a problem)
I also would try another USB port on your PC and use the USB type A on PC side, and make sure the cable is for data not just charging
2023-1-2
Use props
nikolas12193
lvl.1
Austria

Hey thank you 4 your answer

no i got a USB A to USB C and i already tried 5 different cables i think

And i also changed the port. I also changed the pc where i used the same software

2023-1-2
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ok, When I update Firmware in any aircraft, I use a small fan in front of aircraft to prevent overheating, maybe the internet is slow and take too long ? drone overheat and screw the update?
2023-1-2
Use props
nikolas12193
lvl.1
Austria

HDPS Posted at 1-2 20:46
Ok, When I update Firmware in any aircraft, I use a small fan in front of aircraft to prevent overheating, maybe the internet is slow and take too long ? drone overheat and screw the update?

This is a very good idea.

What should i do now should i send it to DJI. I can’t do anything beacause i cant connect it to the pc

I can wait for the next update 4 the avata an try to update it with the DJI Fly app
2023-1-3
Use props
nikolas12193
lvl.1
Austria

HDPS Posted at 1-2 20:46

This is a very good idea.

What should i do now should i send it to DJI. I can’t do anything beacause i cant connect it to the pc

I can wait for the next update 4 the avata an try to update it with the DJI Fly app
2023-1-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, nikolas12193. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. The update might have been interrupted before. Here are the reasons for the firmware update failure:
1. The battery level of the device is less than 43%.
2. The drone or remote control device is powered off during the update process.
3. The network is disconnected during the update process.

If you have tried different cables, computers, and networks already, please try using DJI Fly to update the DJI Avata. Here are the steps:
1. Power on the drone, goggles, and remote control device, and ensure all these devices are linked.
2. Connect the USB-C port of the goggles to the mobile device, run the app, and update the firmware by following the on-screen prompts. Note that an internet connection is required for firmware updates.

If it failed again using the DJI Fly, please try another internet connection if possible. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-1-4
Use props
nikolas12193
lvl.1
Austria

I've looked into the problem again, but I've had no success.

I've tried all of your tips but to no avail

The only thing I found out is that the drone was recognized on a Windows computer, but no information could be collected from the connected device (screenshot attached)

I've never had a problem with an update on the Avata.

Attached is a Youtube link that shows how the drone behaves when I want to select the internal memory or format the internal memory( https://youtube.com/shorts/DbJ7G8g8F18?feature=share )

I can't update the drone with the DJI FLY app either because the drone is already on the latest update (01.02.00.00).

The internet shouldn't be a problem either, I have 100Mbit/s download on my WLAN and 300Mbit/s on my smartphone with 5G.

Could it be that the update caused a software error. I can't imagine it any other way.

2023-1-4
Use props
Saurav singh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 368655 ft
United States

nikolas12193 Posted at 1-4 15:26
I've looked into the problem again, but I've had no success.

I've tried all of your tips but to no avail

EVEN i am facing issuea with avata i have no vdo in the goggles or the dji fly app and when i try to change the cam settings in the goggles i m unable to change any . DJI NEEDS TO PUT OUT A  FIRMWARE UPDATE TO FIX THESE ISSUES.
OR TELL US A WAY TO RESET THE GOGGLES N AVATA COMPLETELY AND REINSTALL THE UPDATES AFRESH.
2023-1-8
Use props
nikolas12193
lvl.1
Austria

Saurav singh Posted at 1-8 23:25
EVEN i am facing issuea with avata i have no vdo in the goggles or the dji fly app and when i try to change the cam settings in the goggles i m unable to change any . DJI NEEDS TO PUT OUT A  FIRMWARE UPDATE TO FIX THESE ISSUES.
OR TELL US A WAY TO RESET THE GOGGLES N AVATA COMPLETELY AND REINSTALL THE UPDATES AFRESH.

If you are able to connect your Avata with the PC i think you can reset the drone with the DJI ASSISTANT 2 (Consumer Drones)
2023-1-9
Use props
nikolas12193
lvl.1
Austria

Hey

I sended my drone to DJI. Within 2 working days the drone got unpacked and checked. After the check the told me that they had to replace the Core Board Module. Because i was in the warranty time the did it for free (and i think because this kind of accident was not my fault) . I am very happy with the DJI Support and i will continue to be a loyal and enthusiastic customer. Love to DJI
2023-1-10
Use props
fans6be43ba5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 576486 ft
United States

My Avata did the same exact thing. I sent it in and they are replacing the main core board as well. I’m curious to know how’s it’s flying now and how much confidence you have with it? I’m hoping I can trust it again. I was flying indoors with a lot of people around so I was mortified that it started acting erratically.
2023-1-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

nikolas12193 Posted at 1-10 06:48
Hey

I sended my drone to DJI. Within 2 working days the drone got unpacked and checked. After the check the told me that they had to replace the Core Board Module. Because i was in the warranty time the did it for free (and i think because this kind of accident was not my fault) . I am very happy with the DJI Support and i will continue to be a loyal and enthusiastic customer. Love to DJI

Hi there. Sorry for the late response. We really appreciate your feedback regarding your previous repair case with us. Rest assured that we are doing our very best to provide the best customer service for our consumers. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have any inquiries or concerns. Thank you for your valued support!
2023-3-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fans6be43ba5 Posted at 1-24 13:54
My Avata did the same exact thing. I sent it in and they are replacing the main core board as well. I’m curious to know how’s it’s flying now and how much confidence you have with it? I’m hoping I can trust it again. I was flying indoors with a lot of people around so I was mortified that it started acting erratically.

Hi there. Feel free to contact us if you experience any issues with your unit. In addition, we don't have official guidance on indoor flights, you may want to check Youtube for some guidance when flying indoors. Thank you for your valued support. Happy flying!
2023-3-7
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

Most of the problems you listed can be corrupted Firmware
2023-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules