4205 115 2023-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you do this I suspect you can say goodbye to using your camera under water.

I look at all of those images posted above that are supposed to have focus issues and cant see anything that bothers me about them. People are way too particular in my view and are just searching for issues
2023-1-4
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

Bigplumbs Posted at 1-4 09:58

I look at all of those images posted above that are supposed to have focus issues and cant see anything that bothers me about them. People are way too particular in my view and are just searching for issues

The seal that prevents water from entering the body is orange. It is right under the protective glass. From your deduction, any unit would lose its watertightness if you removed the protective glass at least once (and back of course) for various reasons CPL, ND.... So it won't lose its waterproofness, unless you notice when you put back the protective glass that the orange rubber has slipped out of the groove somewhere, because it likes to do that, then bubbles would come out of it under water.....But that was already written about.. .
2023-1-4
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

to answer your question about water tightness, with what StevoB said , see on the  image that has hte white paint on that I am pointing to that is not an Seal, that is just a  cushion of some sort (DJI what is hte name of that part), and offers no water tightness at all. ask me, my lens protector was on, the orange seal was missaligned and water  droplets hit the inside and gotten to the sensor, and caused a blur spot, also the speaker on top, and you may try yourself, to simply put the finger over the  top  where the lens is at and you'll hear a sound difference, water enters the speaker and does not dain and will have to dry out, in order to work.  

the ring protects the lenses thread area, acts as a dapener, and some, prevents any movement from happening like a  drop .  Now we should not know this at all, because we are just a consumer like others here, we (I) appreciate the opinion and comment. if one wants me to attempt repair, but this is what is called

Tips for adjustments of the camera.

Do not put tap water on the unprotected lens, its not a gopro that is water tight without the lens protector

StevoB Posted at 1-4 10:41
The seal that prevents water from entering the body is orange. It is right under the protective glass. From your deduction, any unit would lose its watertightness if you removed the protective glass at least once (and back of course) for various reasons CPL, ND.... So it won't lose its waterproofness, unless you notice when you put back the protective glass that the orange rubber has slipped out of the groove somewhere, because it likes to do that, then bubbles would come out of it under water.....But that was already written about.. .
2023-1-4
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Oh sorry I quoted both by simply doing the obvious,  being polite to all then.....
2023-1-4
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

Fishycomics Posted at 1-4 11:00
Oh sorry I quoted both by simply doing the obvious,  being polite to all then.....

You are the biggest gentleman I register here Fish ;)
2023-1-4
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

StevoB Posted at 1-4 11:27
You are the biggest gentleman I register here Fish ;)

SteveoB we all are here to help  in our own way.  you are always welcomed.
2023-1-4
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Fishycomics Posted at 1-4 10:59

I think if you look there is also a seal directly inside that sponge dampener that ultimately protects the sensor this is also sealed with some glue which also holds lens in place if this outer ring is damaged or glue not properly replaced then condensation which can still get by the outer gasket can a will easily find its way to the sensor, so it probably would no longer be wise to use camera without waterproof protective case again limiting your camera for almost no real improvement.
2023-1-4
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

You’re are right no better or worse than any A3 camera, but they are poorly rendered and by the time they arrived here some look mushy but that’s the platform here and the unfinished editing “rendering”
2023-1-4
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Hallmark007 Posted at 1-4 15:46
I think if you look there is also a seal directly inside that sponge dampener that ultimately protects the sensor this is also sealed with some glue which also holds lens in place if this outer ring is damaged or glue not properly replaced then condensation which can still get by the outer gasket can a will easily find its way to the sensor, so it probably would no longer be wise to use camera without waterproof protective case again limiting your camera for almost no real improvement.

the sensor cover, and lens  shown  

As they say water can travel any path. so yes I agree with what you're saying. as the cover on the Action camera  is held my screws I believe and that  can let water pass without an issue.
2023-1-4
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Fishycomics Posted at 1-4 16:20
the sensor cover, and lens  shown  
[view_image]

Correct, water will always find its own level so it’s extremely important if you take apart your camera you must insure to reveal correctly.
2023-1-4
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Hallmark007 Posted at 1-4 16:30
Correct, water will always find its own level so it’s extremely important if you take apart your camera you must insure to reveal correctly.

thank you.   If I ever do, what  I am about, Howto.  I have done howtos for many years, and  do my best with a budget camera.  With the DJI I feel there is for me and others not a risk to take apart, and that is where i draw the line today. always tempting but we have to know when to say no.

FISH
2023-1-4
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am more than happy with mini so won’t be taking it apart
2023-1-4
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

this video (below the screenshot) you see the person using this tool and he "slips"

and the lens afterwards the rubber dampiner

2023-1-9
Use props
JustName
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1420705 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hallmark007 Posted at 1-4 15:46

This is bull.... There is no sponge dampener. There is an outer orange sealing ring, and an inner black one, right around the lens. Both are rubber and both stay intact when you turn the lens.
The lens fits tight enough without the glue that it can't just turn itself.
2023-1-9
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

JustName Posted at 1-9 06:37
This is bull.... There is no sponge dampener. There is an outer orange sealing ring, and an inner black one, right around the lens. Both are rubber and both stay intact when you turn the lens.

Justname

I called it A Dampener,  for the reason it sits around the ring, and keeps the lens from any shock. Hallmark007   was not the one calling it that, I was. and to back that up, it is a O-ring with two layers in diameter or depth or sizing  see photo.
thumbnail_IMG_1404.jpg

wondering If I should start my  take apart Lol
2023-1-9
Use props
JustName
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

@Fishycomics dampener or not, but it is not a sponge :-) it is a rubber and it is not so easy to destroy.  
Hallmark continues to try to spread his crude theory that the rotation of the lens would lead to any harm. And that is only the case if you are a grossmotorist and press the lens too hard.
2023-1-9
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

its a rubber ring, here in the video I show.

Its really a then rubber seal just a tad wider then the  orange one.
2023-1-9
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

JustName Posted at 1-9 06:37

What’s actual bull is advising others without showing comprehensive proof that this will work and that it will render their warranty useless. You did show or post a single photo which was shocking in just how many random out of focus points throughout the photo. Your friend Stevo posted a video on you tube that shows his now DIY unit is more than 45% out of and badly focused and this was video shot on a tripod. He accepts there will be some out of focus areas but is happy that the centre is in focus. But it is a shocking example of trying to claim improvements by voiding users warranty for no improvements .

Regarding the sponge I don’t think it makes any difference what you call it, tampering with a waterproof unit and failing to seal it correctly will only lead to it no longer being waterproof and one thing you never demonstrated was it was still waterproof and working perfectly. There are so many videos now popping up here and on you tube many users including forum members who admit big improvements since new FW updates. It’s becoming more and more clear there was not a hardware issue but a conspiracy between a few who to this day have not shown a scintilla of proof their DIY escapade worked, so it’s probably time to stop peddling crackpot solutions to something you cannot prove you fixed.
2023-1-9
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

JustName Posted at 1-9 07:29
@Fishycomics dampener or not, but it is not a sponge :-) it is a rubber and it is not so easy to destroy.  
Hallmark continues to try to spread his crude theory that the rotation of the lens would lead to any harm. And that is only the case if you are a grossmotorist and press the lens too hard.

WRONG!!!! I’m telling others that such undertakings will not improve anything but it will certainly void their warranty. It is actually you who without a scintilla of proof that is encouraging others that they will see huge improvements when the exact has only been proven.

If I carried out this DIY action I would post results to show there has been real improvements above that which FW UPDATES provided with no loss of warranty. And the least that could have been passed on was the simple scientific explanation for such a drastic DIY operation on a brand new camera under warranty.

See above As a result of a DIY operation just see now how much of the frame is out of focus
2023-1-9
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Fishycomics Posted at 1-9 07:42
its a rubber ring, here in the video I show.

https://youtu.be/NDoKCPSJwdk

You’re right it is a rubber O ring but you do show its quite spongy ….
2023-1-9
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

For me,  this was bout tips and helpful information to those that feel the need to  see if it is smart or wise to pursue further and what it may  be to go about the modification

1  got an  issue get with DJI
2 do not care about the warranty go for it
3 auction off and move on

Always here to offer   tips that I see.

See one, do one, teach ones no longer exists

its becoming more of  a poker game  here

FISH
2023-1-9
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Fishycomics Posted at 1-9 08:00
For me,  this was bout tips and helpful information to those that feel the need to  see if it is smart or wise to pursue further and what it may  be to go about the modification

1  got an  issue get with DJI

Yes in many ways you’re right and basically that’s what this forum should be about. But if you find that this information is incomplete and results show no improvements as well as those carrying out the DIY exercise , then its fair to let members here know all of the information “including the likely outcomes as well as the actual outcomes, and I’m afraid so far the results taking into account no one is posting anything of substance and all members should be aware of this.
I do believe the very low take up of this shows most are very sceptical of it.
2023-1-9
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Hallmark007 Posted at 1-9 07:58
You’re right it is a rubber O ring but you do show its quite spongy ….

thank you.....
2023-1-9
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Hallmark007 Posted at 1-9 08:18
Yes in many ways you’re right and basically that’s what this forum should be about. But if you find that this information is incomplete and results show no improvements as well as those carrying out the DIY exercise , then its fair to let members here know all of the information “including the likely outcomes as well as the actual outcomes, and I’m afraid so far the results taking into account no one is posting anything of substance and all members should be aware of this.
I do believe the very low take up of this shows most are very sceptical of it.

If I had a perfect set up, which I do not, I can and only demonstrate what i find helpful and try to show it, if a site member wants to and only talk about their fix, to share some with a photo, etc, that is all them, their choice,  no matter who the person is.  you me and others:

If I find another tip I will add to the topic, and that will be alls decision to  think about.

Hey look  clickbate fixed. I would love to sit down, Livestream the fix. but who's going to watch a 2 hour plus video?

2023-1-9
Use props
JustName
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Hallmark007 Posted at 1-9 07:55
WRONG!!!! I’m telling others that such undertakings will not improve anything but it will certainly void their warranty. It is actually you who without a scintilla of proof that is encouraging others that they will see huge improvements when the exact has only been proven.

If I carried out this DIY action I would post results to show there has been real improvements above that which FW UPDATES provided with no loss of warranty. And the least that could have been passed on was the simple scientific explanation for such a drastic DIY operation on a brand new camera under warranty.

An old, half-blind man tries to philosophize about focus and marks outer edges of an ultra-wide shot as out of focus.   

1) It is better to have only the edges out of focus than the entire image.
2) You have the same distortion before adjusting the lens.  Yes, this is mostly distortion, not out of focus.
3) If you expect a cheap ultra-wide lens to focus the entire image perfectly and to be distortionfree, you either don't know anything about optics, or you're deliberately playing dumb to keep spreading your crude theories.

This is my last answer, all further bs will be ignored..
2023-1-9
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

JustName Posted at 1-9 09:25
An old, half-blind man tries to philosophize about focus and marks outer edges of an ultra-wide shot as out of focus.   

1) It is better to have only the edges out of focus than the entire image.

First of all quit personally insulting people.

No almost 45% of this screenshot is out of focus and it clearly moves a lot further into the frame than just the edge.

But once again you have failed to show a scintilla of proof your DIY option worked. And by failing to show this its a clear indication that your DIY option was without any merit and this is clearly born out by the complete lack of anyone here to take you up on something you never offered any proof on.

I can only say and have posted much proof that due to FW updates the A3 has improved greatly and has completely passed the poor unsupported effort you made which clearly didn’t work.
2023-1-9
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Fishycomics Posted at 1-9 09:18
If I had a perfect set up, which I do not, I can and only demonstrate what i find helpful and try to show it, if a site member wants to and only talk about their fix, to share some with a photo, etc, that is all them, their choice,  no matter who the person is.  you me and others:

If I find another tip I will add to the topic, and that will be alls decision to  think about.

Being on this forum for many years and have given out much advice plenty of it wrong . But if I give advice to someone flying a drone that might conclude in it crashing and getting badly damaged because of something I thought might work , I am only too glad that another member picks up on this and helps straighten out the matter and we all walk away learning something from the conversation. I do not need to blindly defend my advice to the detriment of others.

These DIY fixes are still being pushed as a fix here on the forum, all I have done is simply asked for some samples that show a progressive outcome from such an undertaking and this is continually denied. So my advice to others is simple. There is no proof this DIY method will do anything except void your warranty so don’t do it.
2023-1-9
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Hallmark007 Posted at 1-9 10:05
Being on this forum for many years and have given out much advice plenty of it wrong . But if I give advice to someone flying a drone that might conclude in it crashing and getting badly damaged because of something I thought might work , I am only too glad that another member picks up on this and helps straighten out the matter and we all walk away learning something from the conversation. I do not need to blindly defend my advice to the detriment of others.

These DIY fixes are still being pushed as a fix here on the forum, all I have done is simply asked for some samples that show a progressive outcome from such an undertaking and this is continually denied. So my advice to others is simple. There is no proof this DIY method will do anything except void your warranty so don’t do it.

I should be the Guinea Pig: eventually, time will tell for me. and personally, I have not anything to prove to anyone, but myself, with mistakes or perfection.  

To be back ontopic this is about tips if one wants to chance their camera that is under warranty thank you
2023-1-9
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

2023-1-9
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Fishycomics Posted at 1-9 05:59
this video (below the screenshot) you see the person using this tool and he "slips"

[view_image]

More than enough proof here that it is indeed a hardware focus problem that he managed to fix.
2023-1-9
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

Fishycomics Posted at 1-9 10:21
I should be the Guinea Pig: eventually, time will tell for me. and personally, I have not anything to prove to anyone, but myself, with mistakes or perfection.  

To be back ontopic this is about tips if one wants to chance their camera that is under warranty thank you

You are the only one who should be trusted by someone familiar with the forums, because you test everything you publish yourself and leave the topics open, for proper additions and finding the right answers. For us, you don't have to do that, and for him it doesn't matter, when you see that as his evidence he uses the worst photos in the worst lighting conditions and shows the shortcomings of the optics on the ultrawide.... In my opinion, he is a puffed-up theorist with no mechanical skill and probably he also has the wipers on the car changed at the car service. Even your detailed video of the only possible repair of soft AO3s for shorter distances won't convince him...
2023-1-9
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Steveo B thankyou. try to be helpful, always try...  

So I want to make sure I am focused do i need to break apart the  camera like I just did the bike?  Will I be able to put it back in one piece, or have leftover screwss, bolts etc.  Mechanically inclined or not, have  plan. and that is what the  topic is about, having a plan.

If anyone wants to share  a photo, a vid a write up, that is proof enough, if anyone wants to put someone down, nuff said, here to help. guess one day we all will learn but teach a old dog new tricks?   back to my bike  haul.

Oh its a lot cheaper to just buy a new one, but its priceless to   restore an old one that said time to post

2023-1-9
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You don’t have to do it for others on here Fish. only if you feel that something is off. For me, the lack of detail in small things is also a problem; not just close focus.  If I felt that it was just the close focus, I’d go ahead and twist, but it’s not just that for me.
Personally, I don't mind whatsoever what others do with their cameras. For me, it's more to do with what I accept, not them.
2023-1-9
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

StevoB Posted at 1-9 11:20
You are the only one who should be trusted by someone familiar with the forums, because you test everything you publish yourself and leave the topics open, for proper additions and finding the right answers. For us, you don't have to do that, and for him it doesn't matter, when you see that as his evidence he uses the worst photos in the worst lighting conditions and shows the shortcomings of the optics on the ultrawide.... In my opinion, he is a puffed-up theorist with no mechanical skill and probably he also has the wipers on the car changed at the car service. Even your detailed video of the only possible repair of soft AO3s for shorter distances won't convince him...

In my opinion, he is a puffed-up theorist with no mechanical skill

It was you who posted that so insulting others of having no skill when you post is a bit rich , you claimed perfection when you “fixed” your A3. You have posted nothing than stands up to what you claim on here. But encouraging others when you already know you made no improvements is just not right. So as fishy said it’s about tips. And the most honest tip here is if you have a problem use your warranty if that doesn’t work you always have your consumer entitlements.

Your only answer is to continue putting others who have different opinions down by nonsense insults.
2023-1-9
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

StevoB Posted at 1-9 11:20
You are the only one who should be trusted by someone familiar with the forums, because you test everything you publish yourself and leave the topics open, for proper additions and finding the right answers. For us, you don't have to do that, and for him it doesn't matter, when you see that as his evidence he uses the worst photos in the worst lighting conditions and shows the shortcomings of the optics on the ultrawide.... In my opinion, he is a puffed-up theorist with no mechanical skill and probably he also has the wipers on the car changed at the car service. Even your detailed video of the only possible repair of soft AO3s for shorter distances won't convince him...

For me, the Action 3 is no GoPro and tbh, I don’t actually care what others think about that. In the end, if you’re left with ‘soft’ pictures, you have them for life. Your memories are recorded that way and that's it .....

In the end it's your own choice, not something to get het up about.
2023-1-9
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

totally hear ya guys;  gonna share what I do ad how I do it and what people tend not to  do. leave out how they do things, related to camera's

2023-1-9
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Fishycomics Posted at 1-9 11:40
Steveo B thankyou. try to be helpful, always try...  

Looks like you are an avid biker, Fish! :-)
2023-1-9
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

thanks Osmonauta.  been riding all my life  gonna do over  the bike. think the bike is more important then the cameras focus right now for me
2023-1-9
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

Hallmark007 Posted at 1-9 12:12
In my opinion, he is a puffed-up theorist with no mechanical skill

Insult??? That's my opinion of you, that you're a bum and just a toeretic. From a simple intervention to rotate the AO3 lens, you hack the Hubble telescope and endanger national security. For you, everything that is not according to your opinion is an insult. You deliberately disparage, distort and divert attention to things not related to intervention in the optics, as you draw here on the worst of my photos, you demonstrate what AO3 can no longer handle at a higher ISO than 800, the unusability of ultra wide in a scene where the edges are disgustingly deformed by the construction of plastic lenses , not by intervention and you continue to make a fool of yourself, because anyone who understands a little bit would be tapping on the head with a finger..... If you still insist that it is an action camera, why do you choose from my videos where I use it, like they don't work in low light and high ISO, why do you show the distortion of the scene at ultra wide, when it is on every AO3, why do you deliberately mark a blurred person in motion....Ultra wide on OA3 is, in my opinion, only a move to better numbers, like GP11, because otherwise it is unusable, at least for me it is a shock, I mean deformation. What is wide in GP11 is dewarp in AO3, which makes super view so wide.... Maybe that's why they now added completely unusable narrow to be like GP11 on Linear, but only the softness of AO3 was highlighted... I used it on AO3 ultra wide, because I didn't know where the children would be moving everywhere. Today, I would no longer use ultra wide and set a fixed ISO max of 800, because up to 800 the recording does not yet turn the recording into a children's coloring book.....One learns from one's own mistakes and I am also learning to make video and getting to know the great limits of small action cameras. small sensors, since I can easily use ISO12800 on my photo camera. And you are desolate and a manipulator regarding everything related to hitting the soft AO3. We do it on our units, we give resources here, just like there are a lot of them on YT, we don't convince anyone, whoever wants to improve it has something to compare it with, once again there is a lot of it elsewhere, like on the DJI forum from completely different Putin unbribed people like us
2023-1-10
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Any cheap wide angle lenses have distortion/blurry edges. That's why OA3 is not sharp on the edges in Ultra Wide settings.

This is basic info that all us photographers know
2023-1-10
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules