Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
** A message to DJI **
2112 19 2023-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Paul05
lvl.1
Canada

I am a heavy DJI user - I used DJI technology in drones that I use on a daily, prorfessional basis.

I addition to my consumer DJI drones, I have 8 drones with the old air unit/Vista, and I have just built a new drone with the O3 air unit.

I, like everyone else have found that I have to re-bind everything each time I want to switch my goggles between the drones with the old air units and the new O3.  (and the DJI FPV/Avata).

Since this has been an issue for so long, I'm assuming that DJI thinks they are being cute by not fixing it, forcing people to buy new hardware as a form of forced obselesence - but it's doing the opposite.

All this is doing is making me not buy any more O3 air units (or any other DJI gear for that matter) , because if I have a bunch of drones using O3 and a bunch using older air units, I simple cannot sit there re-binding everything when I am using the equipment professionally.   

If this was fixed, I'd buy a bunch of O3 units immediately, but as it stands, anything that I put an O3 into is pretty much useless to me because it means spending a ton of time screwing with equipment while everyone waits.  Time is money.

DJI, if you're listening,  it's things like this that make people foaming-at-the-mouth angry at you.  If you only understaood how huge of a problem this was, you would have fixed it in the ALPHA version of the firmware before it got out in the public.   Any other technology company would be embarassed to have put out firmware with such a huge, inconvenience-creating, dealbreaker bug.

And you act like it's not important enough to address.

Clearly it's not important to YOU , but it is definitely imporatand to US - you know, the poeple who BUY your drones.  At least buy them until now.

2023-1-2
Use props
Depp
Captain
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I'm with you there. Same as when switching between Vista and the DJI fpv drone.
2023-1-2
Use props
Paul05
lvl.1
Canada

I really wish I could get a reply from someone at DJI on this....
2023-1-5
Use props
CappyA330
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38648 ft
United States

Since it remembers bindings after it successfully rebinds, it means that the goggles/controller are storing the bindings, just forcing it anyway.
2023-1-6
Use props
Paul05
lvl.1
Canada

@CappyA330 agreed - which makes it all the more likely that this was on purpose, since it seems like it would be an even easier thing to fix - so obviously they do not want to fix it.   This is alpha/beta level type of bugs that should be embarrassing for any hardware manufacturer.
2023-1-7
Use props
dimitri666
lvl.1

France

YOU ARE RIGHT. IT'S A SHAME
2023-1-9
Use props
coolbeans
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20778 ft
United Kingdom

This is an unforgivable error on the part of DJI, and I would not recommend anyone with Vistas upgrading to O3 unless they plan on doing it to their entire fleet. I bought a Geprc Cinebot30 O3 which is awesome but I was shocked to find the loss of binding issue when switching modes to fly my vista drones. What makes it difficult with cinebot30 is the bind button is hard to get to, but even if it wasn't, the bind buttons are not designed to be pressed many times. Please fix this DJI!
2023-1-11
Use props
Luca Rubino
lvl.4
Flight distance : 711512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

coolbeans Posted at 1-11 07:19
This is an unforgivable error on the part of DJI, and I would not recommend anyone with Vistas upgrading to O3 unless they plan on doing it to their entire fleet. I bought a Geprc Cinebot30 O3 which is awesome but I was shocked to find the loss of binding issue when switching modes to fly my vista drones. What makes it difficult with cinebot30 is the bind button is hard to get to, but even if it wasn't, the bind buttons are not designed to be pressed many times. Please fix this DJI!

You're right. Ok, do you want let me bind it evertytime? Make the bind button easy to press.
When I'm in the field, I always pray to not have forget a pin (the iPhone pin) at home. If not, I don't have any change to rebind nothing.
2023-2-4
Use props
djiuser_o7BBtUSeBDun
lvl.1

India

I am facing the same issue. I have 3 drones on vista and I just build another with the O3 air unit. little did I know about this issue. this is disappointing! Dji please come up with a fix!
2023-3-7
Use props
Menglee91
New

Malaysia

Yes same here. Please fix it.
2023-3-17
Use props
djiuser_CDcxJevWsxOg
New

Germany

Same here...
2023-3-17
Use props
FADAH
New

Switzerland

Same here. Just got my first drone with O3 and was really excited about it. But my excitement quickly changed to disappointement and anger!
2023-3-29
Use props
m1z
New

Poland

Same here. Please fix it.
2023-4-2
Use props
Byte
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4654491 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This is a seriously bad issue that should be so easy to rectify.
DJI is famous for stupid errors like this, like how the Inspire 2 would sometimes change/reset camera settings randomly when power cycling. If you didn't catch it doing that then you could film a while sequence in the wrong settings.

This problem is extremely problematic and DJI should fix it asap!
2023-4-18
Use props
Jimmy GB
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1362949 ft
United Kingdom

Same here, please fix this!
2023-6-22
Use props
Joe Chen9
New

Austria

It's so annoying to rebind it! The little hole on the O3 makes it so hard without a proper tool.
PLEASE fix this issue. Whenever my Goggles V2 are outdated I'll definitely will take a look at DJI alternatives.
2023-8-10
Use props
alchemist_fpv
New
United States

10 months later and no response from DJI. What a shame!
2023-10-24
Use props
Luca Rubino
lvl.4
Flight distance : 711512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

This is an issue with the Goggles V2. I tried the Integra (returned because the lenses fogged up during the flight, too bad and risky) and it worked like a you wanted. I switched between O3 system and Mini 3 Pro, without rebinding everything.
I cannot Understand because on the V2, this is not possible.
2023-11-7
Use props
mangoon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1557320 ft
Germany

Yeah, it's only with the V2 Goggles, My Goggles2 don't have the issue eather... But tbh. it all started to get muddy when they release the V2 and didn't change anything on the outside, so if you would like to buy V2 used, you always have to be on the lookout not to get V1 goggles... And the naming... Don't get me started on that...

Ans Also I really don't understand why there isn't a firmware fix for using V1 goggles with the o3.. I get that you would need the 2,4 ghz link for Avata and the FPV drone, but the o3 doesn't connect to the goggles via 2,4ghz...
2023-11-26
Use props
wekul
lvl.1
Flight distance : 367582 ft
United States

GTA 6 is gonna come out before DJI even reads this post.
2023-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules