New controller setup / questions
3479 4 2023-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Reaper106
lvl.1
United States

Hi all, I am new here as well as new to Drones.
Been wanting to get involved for years and finally did it.
I have a new mini 3 pro as well as a new Air 2s.
I have not avtivated the Air 2s because I ordered a DJI RC to go with it that will arrive tomorrow.
From what I understand, you dont want to activate and Bind with a controller that wont be used as your primary controller.
I didnt want to switch back and forth on the RC that came with the Mini 3 pro.

Could someone explain to a newbie the best way to have and use more than one controller with a drone?
I planned on keeping the controller it came with as a backup.

Thank for any help!!

2023-1-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Reaper106. Thank you for reaching out, and congratulations on your new drones! To answer your question, you mainly need to link the remote controller to the specific drone so you may fly it. You may link the remote controller to multiple aircraft, but it can only be connected one at a time. That means that you can use the DJI RC on both the DJI Mini 3 Pro and the DJI Air 2S, but one by one. And you can also use the new DJI RC and the other remote controller that came with the DJI Mini 3 Pro (RC-N1/DJIRC) to either of the drones (since it's compatible). If you have the DJI Care Refresh plan on the drones, it is important to remember to bind the remote controller that you will use in a flight. Failure in doing so, and in case a flyaway accident is met, would result in not being eligible to use the DJI Care Refresh Flyaway Replacement privilege. Additionally, binding the aircraft with the remote controller records the linking relationship between the drone and the remote controller. If you want to change or unbind the remote controller, connect to the aircraft in-network status and change or unbind the remote controller in Device Management. The path is as follows: Profile>Device Management>Value-added service>Bind New Device/Unbind Device.
If you have further questions or clarifications, please let us know. We'd be happy to answer them for you. Have a nice day!
2023-1-3
Use props
Reaper106
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 1-3 23:06
Hi, Reaper106. Thank you for reaching out, and congratulations on your new drones! To answer your question, you mainly need to link the remote controller to the specific drone so you may fly it. You may link the remote controller to multiple aircraft, but it can only be connected one at a time. That means that you can use the DJI RC on both the DJI Mini 3 Pro and the DJI Air 2S, but one by one. And you can also use the new DJI RC and the other remote controller that came with the DJI Mini 3 Pro (RC-N1/DJIRC) to either of the drones (since it's compatible). If you have the DJI Care Refresh plan on the drones, it is important to remember to bind the remote controller that you will use in a flight. Failure in doing so, and in case a flyaway accident is met, would result in not being eligible to use the DJI Care Refresh Flyaway Replacement privilege. Additionally, binding the aircraft with the remote controller records the linking relationship between the drone and the remote controller. If you want to change or unbind the remote controller, connect to the aircraft in-network status and change or unbind the remote controller in Device Management. The path is as follows: Profile>Device Management>Value-added service>Bind New Device/Unbind Device.
If you have further questions or clarifications, please let us know. We'd be happy to answer them for you. Have a nice day!

Thank you for the info!
2023-1-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Reaper106 Posted at 1-4 03:59
Thank you for the info!

You are most welcome. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Happy flying!
2023-1-5
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Note also that to swap between controllers etc. you may need an internet connection in order for the change in insurance binding to be registered on the system.
2023-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules