Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
gimbal and action camera
12Next >
3402 44 2023-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

remember the OA how good it is with a gimbal,

2023-1-4
Use props
osmonauta
Captain
Hungary

Coney Island? Now it’s a great place for nobody’s there!
2023-1-4
Use props
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

osmonauta Posted at 1-4 06:36
Coney Island? Now it’s a great place for nobody’s there!

thank you, always people around and a lot is happening off season, thank you for the  comment

FISH
2023-1-4
Use props
Helmut Ruch
lvl.4
Germany

OA with iSteady pro, mounted at the handlebars of my bike:

2023-1-4
Use props
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

Helmut Ruch Posted at 1-4 07:24

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuqcNVL_pAg

thank you for sharing also your clip, enjoyed the shot

FISH
2023-1-4
Use props
osmonauta
Captain
Hungary

I think it's hard to tell the effect of the gimball on Fish's video because the surface is relatively smooth (at least that's what it looks like). But on the forest one, well, the forest is a more bumpy ride and it's just buttery smooth.
2023-1-4
Use props
Bigplumbs
Captain
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I cant see the point of a gimbal when the A3 has all this stabilisation built in. It is like fitting wheels to a Tomato. Time consuming and totally pointless
2023-1-4
Use props
StevoB
Second Officer
Slovakia

Bigplumbs Posted at 1-4 10:00
I cant see the point of a gimbal when the A3 has all this stabilisation built in. It is like fitting wheels to a Tomato. Time consuming and totally pointless

Night video, you can't do it without a gimbal....I know she's not made for it.
2023-1-4
Use props
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

For the Action camera OA and or OA3
Pros of

DES, EIS  crops about 12%

Low level shots causes Jitters, with Rocksteady,

Motionlapses with set points

to place  on a pole to get a shot and controlled by an app for different angles, to tracking.

offer as a powerbank and remote control

the cons of:

may not be allowed at certain locations

may interfere with the shot desired

may be to light/heavy for the camera

may get the wrong shot if incorrectly held

these are just some of the benefits , advantages, disadvantages  etc of using a gimbal. its an option for the user, and that is the decision you will make if its right or wrong  for you. to gimbal or not
2023-1-4
Use props
Helmut Ruch
lvl.4
Germany

osmonauta Posted at 1-4 09:55
I think it's hard to tell the effect of the gimball on Fish's video because the surface is relatively smooth (at least that's what it looks like). But on the forest one, well, the forest is a more bumpy ride and it's just buttery smooth.

OA and iSteady pro on rough cubblestone surface:

2023-1-4
Use props
Helmut Ruch
lvl.4
Germany

The differenz between gimbal and elektronic stabilization: the gimbal stabilizes the camera, Rocksteady tries to find a smooth path within the pictures the camera delivers. And crashes under bad light conditions due to blur as a result of long exposure times. I use the Gimbal AND Rocksteady. And I think that this combination has a better low light behavior then the OA 3 without gimbal.
2023-1-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That looks good. What gimbal do you use?
2023-1-5
Use props
Helmut Ruch
lvl.4
Germany

Montfrooij Posted at 1-5 00:41
That looks good. What gimbal do you use?

I use an iSteady pro 2.
2023-1-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Helmut Ruch Posted at 1-5 00:43
I use an iSteady pro 2.

Thanks!
I really like the gimbal feel.
2023-1-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Helmut Ruch Posted at 1-4 07:24

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuqcNVL_pAg

Very nicely done.  
2023-1-5
Use props
Iancraig10
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Helmut Ruch Posted at 1-4 11:27
OA and iSteady pro on rough cubblestone surface:

Really nice. Just shows what a gimbal can do. I use the Isteady too.
Because the A3 internal audio is quite good, it's a nice combo and no trailing lead for the mic.
2023-1-5
Use props
johansenfoto
Captain
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I have both Hohem iSteady 2 Pro and the newest iSteady 4 Pro and what I really like is that they can actually handle heavy rain (water resistant) so no worry if weather is bad.

Pocket 2 can't handle rain and is also too light making footage more shaky.
2023-1-5
Use props
Iancraig10
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

johansenfoto Posted at 1-5 06:26
I have both Hohem iSteady 2 Pro and the newest iSteady 4 Pro and what I really like is that they can actually handle heavy rain (water resistant) so no worry if weather is bad.

Pocket 2 can't handle rain and is also too light making footage more shaky.

I had an iSteady 4 sent to me to review. Very nice. I really like the fast attaching via those ‘pull’ things. It’s also less touchy about the camera size so it’s good with GoPro as well.
2023-1-5
Use props
johansenfoto
Captain
  • >>>
Norway

Iancraig10 Posted at 1-5 06:29
I had an iSteady 4 sent to me to review. Very nice. I really like the fast attaching via those ‘pull’ things. It’s also less touchy about the camera size so it’s good with GoPro as well.

Since it have USB-C charging, quick mount for camera and also made for GoPro 10 made me buy it. And I see it also fit OA3 so it's almost perfect.
Also way much control for making timelapses than with Pocket 2.
2023-1-5
Use props
Iancraig10
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I love the timed pan. Beautifully slow and smooth. You just can’t do that holding a camera.
2023-1-5
Use props
johansenfoto
Captain
  • >>>
Norway

Agree and P2 can't do it that easily either with only 3 points tracking
2023-1-5
Use props
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

Hohem Isteady Pro 4 is the one that has the better feature of the Inkee, I had the Hohem, I returned it, should have kept it, for the Motion lapse   set points, Inkee promised, (sorry) a wet dream,they show it but never delivered.
2023-1-5
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9748645 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Because the gimbals only have 3 axis no mater which one you use for Action cameras you still are going to get that continual bounce when walking. If you just fasten the a3 to your car no gimbal you’ll find the results are very comparable whether using a gimbal or not. You can buy a 4th axis third party mount but they are so fuddy duddy that they are not worth it and results are poor. I think gimbals for these action cameras slightly defeat the purpose.
2023-1-5
Use props
Iancraig10
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fishycomics Posted at 1-5 07:51
Hohem Isteady Pro 4 is the one that has the better feature of the Inkee, I had the Hohem, I returned it, should have kept it, for the Motion lapse   set points, Inkee promised, (sorry) a wet dream,they show it but never delivered.

One thing I have seen people complain about with the Hohem 4 is ‘micro twitching’. Not sure if it’s a balance or motor thing, but a few people have mentioned it.

I’ve never seen Inkee gimbals before. Just a bit more to buy than the Hohem. Do you still use it Fish?
2023-1-5
Use props
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

In the car, I use the Head rest, I place the camera in between the recliner seat and headrest. I place down and good to go.

Agree. the  level is perfect but the movement of  height sliding up/down   can be controlled with elbows bent and ninja walk style and slowing dow the   stride of walk,  if stationary shots are  the desire, a tripod, if smooth shots, accessories like a gimbal.  I believe someone made for the Pocket a  mechanical gimbal

and here is my set up
to add to the note did you know you can hold the camera vertical and in post rotate and  expand and maybe the bounce not be noticed.

2023-1-5
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Fishycomics Posted at 1-5 08:23
In the car, I use the Head rest, I place the camera in between the recliner seat and headrest. I place down and good to go.

Agree. the  level is perfect but the movement of  height sliding up/down   can be controlled with elbows bent and ninja walk style and slowing dow the   stride of walk,  if stationary shots are  the desire, a tripod, if smooth shots, accessories like a gimbal.  I believe someone made for the Pocket a  mechanical gimbal

I haven’t seen any without the bounce. I did own an original Z AXIS for the original Osmo and while it was somewhat of an improvement, I found simple techniques like having something else close in the frame hides a lot this up and down movement. Running will also disguise much of it particularly if filming yourself. Walking is where it looks very odd. So avoiding too much walking and using other techniques to hide the movement of the 4th axis I’ve found much more useful than a gimbal. OP2 looks quite odd on this 4th axis and if you’re filming people is a bit intimidating. I see these camera as cameras used to make short quick videos so the less faff the better.
2023-1-5
Use props
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

Iancraig10 Posted at 1-5 08:22
One thing I have seen people complain about with the Hohem 4 is ‘micro twitching’. Not sure if it’s a balance or motor thing, but a few people have mentioned it.

I’ve never seen Inkee gimbals before. Just a bit more to buy than the Hohem. Do you still use it Fish?

With the Falcon plus I knotice some vibrationsdue to balancing, I headed out to the light show, I took it off the gimbal, I am more like others rather just use a shortie clone.

I was given a defect out of the box, I heard others also  complain about   not being  balanced and so on.

FISH
2023-1-5
Use props
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

Hallmark007 Posted at 1-5 08:45
I haven’t seen any without the bounce. I did own an original Z AXIS for the original Osmo and while it was somewhat of an improvement, I found simple techniques like having something else close in the frame hides a lot this up and down movement. Running will also disguise much of it particularly if filming yourself. Walking is where it looks very odd. So avoiding too much walking and using other techniques to hide the movement of the 4th axis I’ve found much more useful than a gimbal. OP2 looks quite odd on this 4th axis and if you’re filming people is a bit intimidating. I see these camera as cameras used to make short quick videos so the less faff the better.

that is the life of filming.  I been with a gimbal. and I rather have some motion then none.. same goes for dji flying. you want the FPV  but you do not also want to be seasick watching  video that is just all over the place.

shorter is the better for getting scene shots across how short depends on the user

this shot the rc car is the gimbal, because it has shocks.

with a bike

and in hand of a car

with gimbals in motion  in hand out a window  while driving will cause shakiness and stress

so here I offer three example and  to me memories I share

thanks  FISH
2023-1-5
Use props
Iancraig10
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great for low light with longer shutter speeds and preferable to that awful twitching you get with image stabilisation! That looks good Fish. Also retains more pixels. There are a lot of pluses for gimbals for sure.

I even have a manual gimbal that uses weights to balance the camera. Looks hilarious.

I don’t use in camera stabilisation unless it’s bright tbh.
2023-1-5
Use props
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

the Curve, by  started with a Teffen  and other companies  taken the name as well

that is based out by me, you had to buy added wights for the waterproof case of a gopro

thankyou  I remember that gimbal I owned one too
2023-1-5
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Fishycomics Posted at 1-5 09:29
that is the life of filming.  I been with a gimbal. and I rather have some motion then none.. same goes for dji flying. you want the FPV  but you do not also want to be seasick watching  video that is just all over the place.

shorter is the better for getting scene shots across how short depends on the user

Good job I don’t know cameras or gimbals you used. But see video below all the handheld footage was done simply holding the A3 in hand.

2023-1-5
Use props
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

he has some nice work there with the mavic 3 and 2 thanks for showing.

FISH
2023-1-5
Use props
johansenfoto
Captain
  • >>>
Norway

A little cold walk outside (-15c/5 fahrenheit) where I wanted to test OA3 vs Pocket 2

2023-1-7
Use props
djiuser_kUku7PQzMOJA
New
United States

Hi guys, I'm very new to all this.  Which gimbals out there are compatible with the OA3? There isn't a whole lot of info out there.  The 360 feature with the inkee falcon looked sweet but the video I watched showcasing it, was done with the original OA.
2023-2-9
Use props
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

DJI    is not  with the Inkee falcon gimbals, they fit but due to the magnetic mount it can cause issues, you will feel its at the max  of the gimbal if asked,  I had a Hohem and I am sure the same, does not work with it via Bluetooth

options are a remote if DJI ever comes around making one, some say the A2 works for the A3 and  not even sure the A1 had a Bluetooth, shows the very importance of  remotes for DJI

GoPro on the other hand works 100%
2023-2-9
Use props
johansenfoto
Captain
  • >>>
Norway

djiuser_kUku7PQzMOJA Posted at 2-9 04:30
Hi guys, I'm very new to all this.  Which gimbals out there are compatible with the OA3? There isn't a whole lot of info out there.  The 360 feature with the inkee falcon looked sweet but the video I watched showcasing it, was done with the original OA.

Hohem iSteady Pro 4
It work with most action cameras, and is what I got.
2023-2-9
Use props
lutzmix
Captain
Germany

kickstarter:
feiyutech pocket 3
wireless pocket gimbal
2023-3-7
Use props
johansenfoto
Captain
  • >>>
Norway

lutzmix Posted at 3-7 23:54
kickstarter:
feyoutech pocket 3
wireless pocket gimbal

DJI need to come up with something good to compete with this

2023-3-8
Use props
lutzmix
Captain
Germany

johansenfoto Posted at 2-9 04:49
Hohem iSteady Pro 4
It work with most action cameras, and is what I got.
hohem isteady pro 3 or 4 you can use in the rain.

2023-3-8
Use props
lutzmix
Captain
Germany

fimi 2pro
fov 120 4k max 30fps   3.5 mm mic 90min
IMG_20220505_112815.jpg
2023-3-8
Use props
12Next >
Advanced