Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Adjusting the Focus Using Contrast Difference
797 9 2023-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DancingFlamingo
lvl.1
South Korea

I connected my Osmo Action 3 camera to my computer as a webcam and used  Python to adjust the focus using the contrast difference method.

This  method is very helpful in accurately focusing the camera.

This method same as adjusting the lens rotation.

However, it can be  difficult to determine when the focus is at its best. That's why I decided to try using the contrast  difference method, which allows for more precise focusing.

1.jpg

2023-1-4
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

thank you for sharing the technical side of things

FISH
2023-1-4
Use props
Iancraig10
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great to get it right onto the 'sweet' spot.
2023-1-4
Use props
osmonauta
lvl.4
Hungary

Can you share the code and some more details about the process? It's not a "permanent" adjustment, is it? In other words, you'll have to recalibrate it each time?
2023-1-4
Use props
DancingFlamingo
lvl.1
South Korea

osmonauta Posted at 1-4 09:46
Can you share the code and some more details about the process? It's not a "permanent" adjustment, is it? In other words, you'll have to recalibrate it each time?

I prepare to share my code for everyone using simple. And that process is permanent!
2023-1-4
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Good job and it clearly shows that this could be fixed all along and improved as it has with FW and no real need to be voiding warranties as many were pushing but with really bad results.
2023-1-4
Use props
osmonauta
lvl.4
Hungary

DancingFlamingo Posted at 1-4 12:55
I prepare to share my code for everyone using simple. And that process is permanent!

Great, thanks! Looking forward to it!
2023-1-5
Use props
Rocktheasphalt
lvl.4
Switzerland

Hallmark007 Posted at 1-4 14:17
Good job and it clearly shows that this could be fixed all along and improved as it has with FW and no real need to be voiding warranties as many were pushing but with really bad results.

He is adjusting the Lens assembly by Hand and using Phyton to give him feedback....and not to adjust the Software of the Action 3.
2023-1-13
Use props
djiuser_BDqfjZQkO1rk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15748 ft
United States

Rocktheasphalt Posted at 1-13 15:54
He is adjusting the Lens assembly by Hand and using Phyton to give him feedback....and not to adjust the Software of the Action 3.

Hallmark is really sticking to his guns that this isn’t a hardware issue. Clearly it is with this video he posted.
2023-1-13
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_BDqfjZQkO1rk Posted at 1-13 18:12
Hallmark is really sticking to his guns that this isn’t a hardware issue. Clearly it is with this video he posted.

All you’re saying is “its a hardware problem” DJI have not said anything of the sort. And neither can you prove its a hardware problem or has anyone else for that matter. I don’t know how many have been sold but the problems with it are no different to that of the pocket 1 or action 1 also action 2 was said to have hardware problems. The telephoto camera on a mavic3 also said to have a hardware problem. But the one underlying thing about these cameras is no one ever proved there was a hardware problem it was just speculation about bad batches in certain months and that was it and hysteria caused by a few.

I will accept that this is a hardware problem when someone who knows can show where the hardware fault is and what’s broken. So ill await your proof. All I can prove and have done is I bought the camera at release and it has greatly improved over 3 FW updates so Nothing changed on the hardware side. But I can also show you two samples of those who DIY their camera and it made no difference except to make it much worse. So ill await your posted proof.
2023-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules