DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 no yaw input
1750 6 2023-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jinster420
lvl.1

Malaysia

I was training with the DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 in the Velocidrone sim just now and suddenly the virtual drone started spinning out of control and crashed,
I went to check the controller input from the sim and there was no yaw input, all three other inputs are working just fine. Looking around dji forums and I found someone saying recalibrating the controllers with the goggles will do the trick but even after I updated all firmware, connecting and calibrating everything, there was still no yaw input! Has anyone ever encountered such a problem before? Is there a fix?

2023-1-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Jinster420. Thank you for reaching out, and we're sorry to read about the unpleasant experience. Please be informed that our engineers have not tested the current third-party simulator you are using therefore, performance is not guaranteed. DJI has developed the DJI Virtual Flight App you can use for your DJI FPV drone. We recommend using the official software for optimal performance. If the same issue persists, please report back for further investigation. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Have a nice day!
2023-1-4
Use props
Jinster420
lvl.1

Malaysia

DJI Tony Posted at 1-4 22:42
Hi, Jinster420. Thank you for reaching out, and we're sorry to read about the unpleasant experience. Please be informed that our engineers have not tested the current third-party simulator you are using therefore, performance is not guaranteed. DJI has developed the DJI Virtual Flight App you can use for your DJI FPV drone. We recommend using the official software for optimal performance. If the same issue persists, please report back for further investigation. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Have a nice day!

Thanks for your speedy reply, but there is still no yaw input signal after I’ve connected the controller to the dji goggles 2. In the RC calibration page it clearly shows no yaw input signal only, the other three axis are working just fine. Now I can’t fly my drone because there is literally no yaw input signal even after connecting it to the goggles and drone.
2023-1-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Jinster420 Posted at 1-4 22:49
Thanks for your speedy reply, but there is still no yaw input signal after I’ve connected the controller to the dji goggles 2. In the RC calibration page it clearly shows no yaw input signal only, the other three axis are working just fine. Now I can’t fly my drone because there is literally no yaw input signal even after connecting it to the goggles and drone.

You are most welcome. And apologies for the delayed response. We would like to help you further investigate this concern. We have sent you a PM to collect the necessary data for the said investigation. We look forward to your response. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-1-9
Use props
Whipsaw
lvl.1

United States

What is the fix for this?  I have the exact same problem now.  My problem began with a maximum right yaw input as a result of even the slightest right yaw movement.  I updated all firmware then did a calibration with the goggles 2.  Now I have ZERO movement of yaw after calibration, the movement does not register during calibration.   It worked haphazardly before calibration, doesn't work at all now, how do I fix this???  
2023-1-22
Use props
Jinster420
lvl.1

Malaysia

I tried DJI’s technical and customer support but got no results with both, they did offered to take my old controller and send me a new one (depending on further inspection) but I didn’t have the time to wait so I decided to get a new one.

Funny enough, the controller worked fine again the next day! First thing in the morning I just connected everything and tried to calibrate the controller once more and the yaw axis signal just worked.
2023-1-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Whipsaw Posted at 1-22 10:15
What is the fix for this?  I have the exact same problem now.  My problem began with a maximum right yaw input as a result of even the slightest right yaw movement.  I updated all firmware then did a calibration with the goggles 2.  Now I have ZERO movement of yaw after calibration, the movement does not register during calibration.   It worked haphazardly before calibration, doesn't work at all now, how do I fix this???

Hi, Whipsaw. We are sorry to read that you are experiencing the same concern. As Jinster420 did, you may reattempt a calibration. If it still fails, we're afraid but you may consider sending the product back for a proper diagnosis. You may submit an Online Repair Application or contact our Customer Support at (support.dji.com) for more details about the process.  Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Keep safe.
2023-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules