Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mini 3 Pro Camera Tilt Issue - Can't take Straight Down Photo
4010 5 2023-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AGCPilot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15354 ft
United States

I just got a brand new Mini 3 Pro and it works great until I try to take a photo straight down. As the camera moves from the forward position to the straight down position it tilts to the side and will not take a correct, perfectly straight down photo. The attached video shows the automatic movement of the gimble. I've updated all of the software and recalibrated the gimble a bunch of times but nothing fixes this problem. I'm not sure if this is a hardware issue or software issue or user error. Can anyone please help me?

https://achen.wistia.com/medias/evduuthssg
2023-1-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Kindly please try to perform the troubleshooting steps below and check if the issue persists.

1. Please connect your Aircraft and RC to the DJI Assistant 2 software and please refresh/update the firmware.
2. Please try to remove the MicroSD card and calibrate the gimbal.
3. Calibrate the remote controller. Check whether the gimbal dial is functioning and whether the customizable button has been pressed to tilt the gimbal downward. If so, check whether the customizable button has been blocked by debris.

Please let us know the result. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-1-4
Use props
AGCPilot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15354 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-4 19:05
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Kindly please try to perform the troubleshooting steps below and check if the issue persists.

1. Please connect your Aircraft and RC to the DJI Assistant 2 software and please refresh/update the firmware.

I tried all this and it didn't fix the problem and now the camera has separated from the gimble so I believe I have a larger hardware issue that requires me to send in the drone for repair.
2023-1-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

AGCPilot Posted at 1-5 07:27
I tried all this and it didn't fix the problem and now the camera has separated from the gimble so I believe I have a larger hardware issue that requires me to send in the drone for repair.

Thank you for your response. In this case, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for proper diagnostics, you may request a repair service using this link https://www.dji.com/support/repair . Once you already fill in all the needed information, our team will contact you to provide further information on how to send the product to us. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-1-7
Use props
fans4cc312db
lvl.2
Flight distance : 362290 ft
Ireland

Just bought my Mini 3 Pro before my holiday in Lanzarote..didn’t fly it at all until I got here.. I was asked to do a firmware update when turn it on for the first time (the usual stuff).. However, when trying to fly it, I cannot tilt the gimbal at all.  (Not even pointing the camera downward with a shortcut button). And when try to put the camera in vertical mode it won’t turn the camera itself but it does turn the image on RC screen
2023-5-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans4cc312db Posted at 5-20 01:51
Just bought my Mini 3 Pro before my holiday in Lanzarote..didn’t fly it at all until I got here.. I was asked to do a firmware update when turn it on for the first time (the usual stuff).. However, when trying to fly it, I cannot tilt the gimbal at all.  (Not even pointing the camera downward with a shortcut button). And when try to put the camera in vertical mode it won’t turn the camera itself but it does turn the image on RC screen

Hi there, we replied to your post here, you can take a look. https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 001&pid=3049818
2023-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules