3358 29 2023-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi folks according to amazon.com it looks like the Mini 3 pro will be compatible with these goggles.

Screenshot_20230105-152454_Chrome.jpg
2023-1-5
Use props
cmarines
lvl.4
Flight distance : 331762 ft
Canada

Trying to understand what bring the new DJI Goggles 2 comparing to classic VR Google which I use on the old post: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=281919
2023-1-5
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

cmarines Posted at 1-5 07:55
Trying to understand what bring the new DJI Goggles 2 comparing to classic VR Google which I use on the old post: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=281919

I dont think i would bother with anything that has any lag, i hate lag, certainly after using the original DJI Goggles with my P4P, i have been hoping that DJI would bring out a HDMI module for the DJI RC but there's not even a leaked hint as yet so i think thats not going to be a thing.

At present there is only 1 real option for me and thats the DJI RC Pro, even if the DJI Goggles 2 become compatible with Mini 3 Pro, the cost of them here in the UK is high, i think i would prefer to spend a little more and get the RC Pro and use a cable with my original goggles, at least that way i can also make full use of the RC Pro as a separate device.
2023-1-5
Use props
cmarines
lvl.4
Flight distance : 331762 ft
Canada

Bashy Posted at 1-5 08:09
I dont think i would bother with anything that has any lag, i hate lag, certainly after using the original DJI Goggles with my P4P, i have been hoping that DJI would bring out a HDMI module for the DJI RC but there's not even a leaked hint as yet so i think thats not going to be a thing.

At present there is only 1 real option for me and thats the DJI RC Pro, even if the DJI Goggles 2 become compatible with Mini 3 Pro, the cost of them here in the UK is high, i think i would prefer to spend a little more and get the RC Pro and use a cable with my original goggles, at least that way i can also make full use of the RC Pro as a separate device.

The lag visible on video (see minute 7:17) is not the lag of RC transmission, but is the gimbal delay for smooth movement on yaw axis.  This can be easy set to other values.
2023-1-5
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

cmarines Posted at 1-5 08:19
The lag visible on video is not the lag of transmission, but is the gimbal delay movement on yaw axis.  This can be easy set to other values.

Ah ok, I thought about trying out Ken Heron's idea using something like a chrome cast and a powerbank, but it was just too many bits for my liking and stuck with the N1 to boot.
2023-1-5
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

several discussion on this in the fpv forum plus over on yt:  https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=282599

IN before the "im not buying the m3p until the goggles are compatible" crowd.  or, i'm returning my m3p because i read somewhere on the internet that they were compatible today.  or, "you promised; i saw it on amazon.  it's a pro level drone and that means it should work with goggles".

i hope by compatibility they mean something similar to the original white goggles and m2 (a feature set) and not simply a "dronemask."
2023-1-5
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 1-5 12:02
several discussion on this in the fpv forum plus over on yt:  https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=282599

IN before the "im not buying the m3p until the goggles are compatible" crowd.  or, i'm returning my m3p because i read somewhere on the internet that they were compatible today.  or, "you promised; i saw it on amazon.  it's a pro level drone and that means it should work with goggles".

I do not go on those as i have no interest in the FPV side of things, certainly not yet anyway, heck, i cant even fly well enough with a normal drone let alone an fpv lol
2023-1-5
Use props
Zoooom
lvl.4

Australia

Looks like an exciting product. I had a look at a guy reviewing Dronemask, and saw the issues involved with being able to control the drone's various photo features. You need a finger inside your googles to press things.
2023-1-5
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dronemask is a poor mans fpv and not really much use when it comes to stills, although,  you could just set it to 4k and grab stills from that in post
2023-1-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Could you please provide us with the Amazon link so we can further check? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-1-5
Use props
Zoooom
lvl.4

Australia

Worrying lack of range for CE
https://www.dji.com/au/goggles-2/specs

When used with DJI Avata or DJI O3 Air Unit, DJI Goggles 2 can achieve the following max video transmission range:
10 km (FCC), 2 km (CE), 6 km (SRRC)
2023-1-5
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I suspect this was an error in the Amazon description
2023-1-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Zoooom Posted at 1-5 23:25
Worrying lack of range for CE
https://www.dji.com/au/goggles-2/specs

Thats easily fixed with a txt file on the goggles with the text "pwr_2" in it.
2023-1-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting find Bashy.  
2023-1-6
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 1-6 01:23
Thats easily fixed with a txt file on the goggles with the text "pwr_2" in it.

So that sets the "other" mode?
2023-1-6
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

ok i would like to be better educated on the expectations for googles 2.  yes, ive seen a few people ask for this to be compatible so my question is to what extend are we expecting this to work with the mini 3 pro?  you recall the original white googles:  are we expecting googles 2 to completely control the m3p or simply just hdmi input for the screen (like dronemask) or something in between?  i'm really hoping the former.  remember, the goggles are $649 so keep that in mind when you expect a customer to pay for the googles to use with their m3p.
2023-1-6
Use props
smithe
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 1-6 06:04
The Goggles 2 are showing as available standalone in the DJI Store for $649.  Unfortunately stated compatibility is limited to the DJI Avata, DJI Motion Controller, DJI FPV Remote Controller 2, & DJI O3 Air Unit.  Currently no Mini 3 Pro.  I am hopeful this changes as I would love to purchase one.  DJI should really make this compatible with as many drones as possible to maximize sales potential.  

DJI Goggles 2

Add the original Air Unit and Air Unit Lite (sold by Caddx and no Runcam).  There are a lot of pictures floating around showing a firmware with the Mini 3 Pro and Mavic 3 as options so I bet it’s coming.  There were similar screen shots floating around before they added the original Air Unit to the Goggles 2 and a month or so later it was real.  I suspect this is the same.

I have the original DJI Mini and it has worked fine for me but I'll likely get the 3 Pro if they add it to the Goggles 2 which I already have.
2023-1-6
Use props
smithe
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 1-6 09:46
I saw this mentioned on Mad Tech.  I keep hoping it comes to fruition.

That’s one of the sources I saw it on, same for the previous og air unit gear.  I definitely hope so as well
2023-1-6
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 1-6 09:45
I never used the DJI Goggles to control my Mavic Pro/Mavic 2 Pro,  though they did offer some control over the camera & head tracking which is pretty cool.  I mostly use them for the wireless FPV feed.  That is the same thing I would like for the Mini 3.  Just allow me to have a nice FPV feed without wires.

that's fine but it's gotta do something for $600, no?  if you don't already have the goggles (or an avata in your line-up), can dji really expect someone to pay $600 just to see what they already see on their phone/rc?  will it at least show the control elements?  will you be able to control the gimbal or look around?  i really hope they do more than just light up the googles.  the original white goggles are awesome, all the buttons work, the touchpad is good, there are settings in the menu that change the drone's settings (not just the goggles settings).  goggles 2 are excellent for sharing the view but in america, you need a spotter in order to use them legally.
2023-1-6
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 1-6 10:50
The original goggles cost $500 (I have both the white & the black RE version) so I don't see $649 as much of a barrier..  I'm sure the Goggles 2 will offer a similar level of control.  As to legal, it's just a word.  Just sit in your vehicle & enjoy the experience.  Stupid laws are made to be ignored.

In the UK the DJI Goggles were £500 GDP, these Goggles 2 are £729, that's a helluva jump for us (and to me) at least and especially when CE is only 2km max range, which also means that even close in will be pants when it comes to obstacles, after all, FPV is all about obstacles for the most part
2023-1-6
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 1-6 09:00
ok i would like to be better educated on the expectations for googles 2.  yes, ive seen a few people ask for this to be compatible so my question is to what extend are we expecting this to work with the mini 3 pro?  you recall the original white googles:  are we expecting googles 2 to completely control the m3p or simply just hdmi input for the screen (like dronemask) or something in between?  i'm really hoping the former.  remember, the goggles are $649 so keep that in mind when you expect a customer to pay for the googles to use with their m3p.

I highly doubt they will be used via HDMI, these will be wireless for sure, if i am wrong then i will eat your hat (tell me ya don't have one!)

The reason i think that is because both are O3, whereas for example, the Mavic Pro was Occusync and could use the DJI Goggles wirelessly, the P4P was Lightbridge and had to use HDMI output
2023-1-6
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 1-6 17:58
I highly doubt they will be used via HDMI, these will be wireless for sure, if i am wrong then i will eat your hat (tell me ya don't have one!)

The reason i think that is because both are O3, whereas for example, the Mavic Pro was Occusync and could use the DJI Goggles wirelessly, the P4P was Lightbridge and had to use HDMI output

i didn't exactly mean hdmi but i did mean wired...so similar to hooking up a phone to the dji fpv setup (with a usb cable) if you dont want to look thru the goggles but use a phone.  the only thing you see on the phone is the fpv flight details.

so yes....i hope you are right if this is wireless and o3 compatible since they would likely mean you get more than just a "video out" connection.  honestly, for the m3p if we can change the drone settings, activate rth, pan and tilt the gimbal, change the modes, start/stop recording, zoom, and a couple other features, that would be great.  also....

like the avata, i would love it if you could look around while flying straight.  then we'll need waypoints for sure.

btw, im not going to lie.  really wanted "goggles" but hardly ever used the white goggles.
2023-1-6
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 1-6 18:17
i didn't exactly mean hdmi but i did mean wired...so similar to hooking up a phone to the dji fpv setup (with a usb cable) if you dont want to look thru the goggles but use a phone.  the only thing you see on the phone is the fpv flight details.

so yes....i hope you are right if this is wireless and o3 compatible since they would likely mean you get more than just a "video out" connection.  honestly, for the m3p if we can change the drone settings, activate rth, pan and tilt the gimbal, change the modes, start/stop recording, zoom, and a couple other features, that would be great.  also....

Ah ok... I used the DJI goggles most of the time with my P4P and i could control quite a few aspects including head tracking (not 100% sure on that tbh, although i don't think i used 80% of the control capabilities.

I, however, did use the goggles 90% of the time but only for 3 batteries worth cause when i used 4 batteries, they would start to hurt my head. That said, due to the cost, i think i would be happy with using a cable, i mean, for about £100 extra i could get the decent RC Pro.
2023-1-6
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 1-6 20:40
What I really liked about the Goggles/Goggles RE is I could pair both simultaneously for spectators.   I could fly with the RC & phone/tablet, & even add another slave RC-Phone/Tablet.  It was pretty cool flying around & giving others the opportunity to enjoy the experience.

i think you can do that today in the fpv world with google v2 and google 2 and if this carries over to the mini 3 pro, then we have a winner for sure.

something about spectator mode, broadcast mode, or audience mode:

2023-1-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 1-6 08:36
So that sets the "other" mode?

Yes,    the file has to be called naco.txt
2023-1-7
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 1-7 01:09
Yes,    the file has to be called naco.txt

Cool, thanks, that is good to know, just in case, nothing is ruled out at present, unlikely mind.... lol
2023-1-7
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think if you want FPV on a normal DJI drone either use litchi on an older drone or get Dronemask and wear a huge snorkel on your head. Spending loads of cash on it is what DJI wants of course.

They are running out of stuff to sell so they hobble things that could easily work to sell you expensive other stuff
2023-1-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 1-7 04:24
Cool, thanks, that is good to know, just in case, nothing is ruled out at present, unlikely mind.... lol

Personally I really fancy an avata but Im trying to be good and not get another drone for the time being,  
2023-1-8
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 1-8 01:11
Personally I really fancy an avata but Im trying to be good and not get another drone for the time being,

To be honest, i do like the look of it and it not having the full characteristics of a full on FPV drone, its more intuitive, so it does appeal to e but i know it will end up in the hedge bottom or a lake or half way up something  i cant get at lol
2023-1-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 1-8 05:04
To be honest, i do like the look of it and it not having the full characteristics of a full on FPV drone, its more intuitive, so it does appeal to e but i know it will end up in the hedge bottom or a lake or half way up something  i cant get at lol

That easy bash dont fly near lakes or hedges.
2023-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules