Maps don't load on DJI Pilot PE
6146 20 2023-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
guilherme.nasci
lvl.1

Brazil

Dear all,

I have a Mavic 2 Pro used for mapping work. I used to plan my missions through PE Pilot, where I can plan all routes with a map view available in order to help me adjust the mapping area and flight duration. Since last week, the map view stopped loading the maps as I zoomed in on the survey area.
I checked the server configuration in the Pilot PE application and it asks for an address http://, username and password to access the mapbox server, I suppose. I would like to avoid having to import kml files to enter my mission plan into the smart controller. Could you help me?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Regards,

Guilherme Nascimento

2023-1-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience caused. Please be advised that Mavic 2 Pro is not officially supported by DJI Pilot PE. Currently, the map service (Mapbox) is suspended, therefore, the map is not working on DJI Pilot PE.
In your case, if you need to create the KML file, you may try to use Google Earth to help to create it and import to the DJI Pilot PE, however, when using the Pilot PE after importing the KML file, the map may still not work.
Hope for your kind understanding.
2023-1-9
Use props
guilherme.nasci
lvl.1

Brazil

Hi,
Thank you for your answer. Is there an alternative procedure for planning a mapping flight using the DJI GO 4? We chose the PE pilot due to a difficulty in planning a route on GO 4. But if there is a way to plan operations on the GO 4, it would be better.
Regards,

Guilherme
2023-1-9
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

guilherme.nasci Posted at 1-9 04:36
Hi,
Thank you for your answer. Is there an alternative procedure for planning a mapping flight using the DJI GO 4? We chose the PE pilot due to a difficulty in planning a route on GO 4. But if there is a way to plan operations on the GO 4, it would be better.
Regards,

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. DJI GO 4 App does not support the function. You may consider the suggestion above.
2023-1-10
Use props
djiuser_KnIgRkQwm2MZ
New
Flight distance : 525692 ft
United States

I have the Magic 2 Zoom. Now I'm unable to view the map on Dji Pilot PE
2023-1-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_KnIgRkQwm2MZ Posted at 1-10 17:30
I have the Magic 2 Zoom. Now I'm unable to view the map on Dji Pilot PE

Hi there, DJI Mavic 2 Zoom does not support DJI Pilot PE, you can refer to: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-pilot-pe You can download and install DJI Go 4 to fly the Mavic 2 Zoom. https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4
2023-1-10
Use props
bgrissman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2093212 ft
United States

Is there a timeline on when we can expect Mapbox functionally to be returned to the DJI Pilot PE app?
2023-1-11
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

bgrissman Posted at 1-11 14:32
Is there a timeline on when we can expect Mapbox functionally to be returned to the DJI Pilot PE app?

Hello, there. We are sorry that DJI Pilot PE has suspended development and updates. It will not be compatible with more models in the future.
2023-1-12
Use props
bgrissman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2093212 ft
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 1-12 04:08
Hello, there. We are sorry that DJI Pilot PE has suspended development and updates. It will not be compatible with more models in the future.
It looks like the DJI Pilot app still works. Just not Pilot PE.
2023-1-12
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

bgrissman Posted at 1-12 04:56
It looks like the DJI Pilot app still works. Just not Pilot PE.

We apologize for the inconvenience. We have confirmed that the iOS version for the DJI Pilot app is no longer being developed while the Android did not.
2023-1-12
Use props
djiuser_nyuofVNwQnmt
New

Albania

DJI Susan Posted at 1-9 01:33
Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience caused. Please be advised that Mavic 2 Pro is not officially supported by DJI Pilot PE. Currently, the map service (Mapbox) is suspended, therefore, the map is not working on DJI Pilot PE.
In your case, if you need to create the KML file, you may try to use Google Earth to help to create it and import to the DJI Pilot PE, however, when using the Pilot PE after importing the KML file, the map may still not work.
Hope for your kind understanding.

Hi! I have a mavic 2 and smart controller.  I fly with the DJI PE but the map it doesn't work. Is there any problem during flying with the dji pe?
2023-4-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_nyuofVNwQnmt Posted at 4-7 07:59
Hi! I have a mavic 2 and smart controller.  I fly with the DJI PE but the map it doesn't work. Is there any problem during flying with the dji pe?

Hi there, DJI Mavic 2 does not support DJI Pilot PE, you can refer to: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-pilot-pe You can fly your Mavic 2 with DJI Go 4. https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4
2023-4-8
Use props
MorganBlack
lvl.1

Ireland

Please disregard. I need to learn to read.
2023-4-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

MorganBlack Posted at 4-20 11:06
Please disregard. I need to learn to read.

Hi there, may I ask if you encounter any issues? If there is anything we can help you with, please let us know.
2023-4-20
Use props
djiuser_SGOM9XrTFUud
New

Nigeria

Hi DJI,
I have a Mavic 2 pro and Mavic Air 2, what app can is use to do mapping?
2023-6-8
Use props
djiuser_SGOM9XrTFUud
New

Nigeria

I have tried pix4 capture along with Ctr+DJI but it doesn't connect with the drone, ever requesting to give Ctr+DJI permissions to operate correctly which I have done severally.
2023-6-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_SGOM9XrTFUud Posted at 6-8 07:38
Hi DJI,
I have a Mavic 2 pro and Mavic Air 2, what app can is use to do mapping?

Hi there, sorry to tell you that Mavic consumer series drones do not support the surveying and mapping function. DJI does not intend to add this function later.
The reason for this is because the surveying and mapping function has high requirements for the aircraft’s positioning system and camera lens. Currently, DJI  Mavic series drones cannot support such a professional function. If the user has professional mapping requirements, recommend that they purchase a DJI Enterprise product (such as Matrice 300 RTK/Phantom 4 RTK).
2023-6-9
Use props
rastim atiem
lvl.1

Indonesia

Hai! Saya memilikipantom 4 pro plus v2 dan pengontrol pintar. Saya terbang dengan DJI PE tetapi petanya tidak berfungsi. Apakah ada masalah
2-20 18:16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

rastim atiem Posted at 2-20 18:16
Hai! Saya memilikipantom 4 pro plus v2 dan pengontrol pintar. Saya terbang dengan DJI PE tetapi petanya tidak berfungsi. Apakah ada masalah

Hi there, please note that Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 works with DJI GO 4. You can refer to: https://www.dji.com/hk-en/downloads/products/phantom-4-pro-v2
2-20 23:02
Use props
kmacman
New

United States

Unfortunately I have just run into this problem as well.  I am using my Mavic 2 Enterprise, which is a drone intended for mapping with RTK.  Unfortunately the mapbox maps will not load.  Is there anything that can be done to resolve this issue?  I can sort of understand how the consumer Mavic 2 Pro would lose license, but for the Mavic 2 Enterprise it does not make sense because this drone is intended for mapping applications. Please help!!
4-9 07:24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

kmacman Posted at 4-9 07:24
Unfortunately I have just run into this problem as well.  I am using my Mavic 2 Enterprise, which is a drone intended for mapping with RTK.  Unfortunately the mapbox maps will not load.  Is there anything that can be done to resolve this issue?  I can sort of understand how the consumer Mavic 2 Pro would lose license, but for the Mavic 2 Enterprise it does not make sense because this drone is intended for mapping applications. Please help!!

Hi there, may I ask about the current firmware version? Is it the latest version? Please also provide us with a picture to check the issue mentioned.
4-9 23:50
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules