4807 2 2023-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mavixx
lvl.3
Flight distance : 993100 ft
Germany

Hello movie interested people!

In December I decided to get me a Ronin rs3 pro to work with on set with the  Alexa Mini. I wasn't quite sure if it's gonna work but anyhow I ordered.  I asked a local camera rental if I could come around and setup a mini ready to shoot which I did today.
And it worked quite well, I was excited! The gimbal is supposed to handle a payload of 4.5kg and the stripped down Mini with just an cForce mini motor and a CP 25mm lens was just a little over 3.6kg.

3616 gr

3616 gr

So this worked. I could balance the gimbal perfectly, and I even have a little headroom of almost 900gr. So I could use a light mattebox or a heavier lens.

with Smallrig ring

with Smallrig ring

small setup

small setup

I did not weigh the setup in total with the smallrig ring, but the weight of the small setup with the double handle was 7.3kg; without the V-mount battery, that goes into the pocket of the grip guy anyway.

I'm happy that It all worked out. And I'm happy about the Autocalibration, so I dont have maually dial in the motor strength, but with the press of a button it's perfect.

Here's  a polycam 3D image, well, not the best quality, but you'll get the idea...  I should get a phone with a LIDAR sensor...

Cheers :-)

2023-1-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That is one impressive setup!
2023-1-6
Use props
stevewhitright
lvl.1

United States

Hey old thread-  but what plate did you use to connect the rs3 plate to the mini? thanks!
2-12 06:57
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules