Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
OSMO Mobile 2 spinning around out of control; cannot calibrate
1297 3 2023-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ZeevoX
lvl.1

United Kingdom

One wonderful day when I got out my Osmo Mobile 2 and put my phone in, when I started it up it started spinning erratically and with such vigour that it almost flung the phone out of the holder. A video of the beautiful pirouette is below.

I have tried using the recalibration tool in the application; it fails at 40% every time.

Now, I am aware that the Osmo Mobile 2 is out of warranty by now; I do wonder though if anyone has encountered this before and perhaps even knows how to fix it?
2023-1-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. May I please ask what specific mobile device are you using? In addition, could you please try to remove the phone case on your mobile device and then try again to see if the issue persists? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-1-5
Use props
ZeevoX
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-5 22:52
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. May I please ask what specific mobile device are you using? In addition, could you please try to remove the phone case on your mobile device and then try again to see if the issue persists? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Hi there, thank you for the reply! The first video was with a Galaxy S21 - I tried without the case and there was no difference. I have filmed a more detailed issue description using my Samsung Galaxy S8 as the test dummy, the video is below.

All the best
2023-1-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

ZeevoX Posted at 1-6 10:07
Hi there, thank you for the reply! The first video was with a Galaxy S21 - I tried without the case and there was no difference. I have filmed a more detailed issue description using my Samsung Galaxy S8 as the test dummy, the video is below.

https://youtu.be/a9KSDqd1Fi4

Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2023-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules