Using the DJI Transmission System without a gimbal
2647 5 2023-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FredBGG
lvl.3
United States

I have the DJI Transmission System and I like the system a lot.

I would really like to be able to use this system to remote control my camera (Sony a1) when I do not mount it on a gimbal.

There are many times where I need reliable remote control but do not need a gimbal and don't have room to mount a gimbal.

The Raven Eye can remote control a camera even when not used with a gimbal.

We also really need to have touch focus on the DJI Monitor both with a gimbal and without a gimbal.

Adding support for the cameras function buttons would also allow for different users to be able to customise their setup remote control.

So here is the wish list in order of importance.

1)Instant stills photo shutter release

2)Single and Burst mode shutter release for stills

3)Camera remote control without having to use a gimbal and touch screen focus point moving

4)Touch screen buttons on the DJI monitor to activate the custom buttons of the camera.

5)Ability to turn the cameras HDMI info display on and off from the DJI Monitor.
2023-1-5
Use props
gt3rs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 280056 ft
Switzerland

Is indeed odd that you cannot use it to control the camera without the gimbal itself. I use RavenEye about 50% without the RS3 Pro and I was really interested to buy the DJI Transmission to give me more range and reliability but then it is a no go with the fact that you need the gimbal to control the camera.
2023-1-6
Use props
gt3rs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 280056 ft
Switzerland

DJI any update if you plan to add support of controlling a camera connected directly via USB-C to the transmitter like you can do it with the Ravaneye?
Seem a big limitation requiring the camera to be connected to the gimbal.
2023-1-23
Use props
fans514fd369
lvl.1
Canada

these functions would be a game changer
2023-2-25
Use props
Ernie///
lvl.1
United States

fans514fd369 Posted at 2-25 13:08
these functions would be a game changer

Yes, I'm looking to control the A1 without a gimbal also. I saw something about being able to do this if Sony camera has "Bravia". I'm having trouble figuring out which cameras have that.
2023-9-11
Use props
FredBGG
lvl.3
United States

Ernie/// Posted at 9-11 08:16
Yes, I'm looking to control the A1 without a gimbal also. I saw something about being able to do this if Sony camera has "Bravia". I'm having trouble figuring out which cameras have that.

Many Sony cameras have Bravia control.

Sony a1 has Bravia control.

That said I am not sure how much can be contolled through Bravia across the HDMI.

I will do some tests.
2023-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules