Need guidance about which apps do what for the Avata
496 5 2023-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dlcarroll
lvl.1
United States

I have the DJI Avata and used it with Goggles v2 and the motion controller (+ head tracking) to great effect.

I recently got a brand new Remote Controller 2, activated it, updated the firmware on everything, and got it paired with the Avata.

Leaving aside the Remote ID issues in the Dec firmware update (), the goggles constantly report "remote controller stick error", and I can do nothing to make it the rotors start in any mode.

Searching the forums, I see lots of people talking about tweaking the stick tension for manual mode, but I'm assuming there is some app, somewhere, that can calibrate the controller. DJI documentation in general is lacking and on this item appears non-existent.

Can we use this thread to document which apps (on which devices) are (a) able calibrate the controller and/or (b) required to calibrate the controller?

Should I really grab an H1.5 tool and start adjusting screws on a new controller?

Thanks,

DC
2023-1-5
Use props
dlcarroll
lvl.1
United States

I did find the RC calibration under the Goggles v2 Control menu and completed that successfully, but I still have the persistent 'Remote Controller control stick error'
2023-1-6
Use props
dlcarroll
lvl.1
United States

Snugging up the F1 and F2 screws also does nothing to remove the error.
2023-1-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, sorry to read about the difficulties you encountered. If the controller keeps getting the sticks error after calibration, please also check if the same error will exist when you use the DJI Avata with the Motion Controller. If not, you may consider sending the controller back to DJI for further diagnosis and service.
To start a case, please visit: https://www.dji.com/us/service/repair
Please feel free to let me know if you have any further questions.
2023-1-6
Use props
dlcarroll
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 1-6 20:24
Hi there, sorry to read about the difficulties you encountered. If the controller keeps getting the sticks error after calibration, please also check if the same error will exist when you use the DJI Avata with the Motion Controller. If not, you may consider sending the controller back to DJI for further diagnosis and service.
To start a case, please visit: https://www.dji.com/us/service/repair
Please feel free to let me know if you have any further questions.

I'll do that; thanks!
2023-1-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

dlcarroll Posted at 1-7 07:18
I'll do that; thanks!

Thank you. Please feel free to let me know if there is anything else I can help with.
2023-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules