Controller will not connect to DJI mini 2
14074 20 2023-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
khellio
lvl.2

Thailand

When I connect my dji mini2 in the normal way, my controller will no longer connect to my drone.
This is happening on both my smart phone and my tablet.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times all with the same result.
When I try to install updates, I'm getting the "installing dji mini2 firmware failed   Retry.  "Connect to device to update" message.
I've tried using the original cable and 2 others all to no avail. "RC not connected to mobile device"
It just keeps opening the connection guide and I find it difficlt to close.
Any suggestions please.
2023-1-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, khellio. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. What smartphone and tablet were you using? Were you able to use those devices before or would this be the first time? You may follow the troubleshooting steps below:

1. Please confirm if you have a protective case covering your mobile phone. If so, remove it and try connecting again.
2. Disconnect and reconnect the USB cable (from both the mobile phone and the remote controller), waiting 10 seconds before reconnecting the USB cable. If possible, retry with another USB cable.
① Please make sure that the cable is connected to the correct port (need to use the connection port for the phone's connection) as the picture showed:

② Please plug one end of the cable in normally and upside or further checking.
3. Restart the remote controller.
4. When using an Android device, if there is a prompt, be sure to tap [OK].

When DJI Fly is being used, USB Debugging must be enabled in the mobile phone system.

Enabling “USB Debugging” with an Android device. Please follow the steps below:
1. Go to [System Settings] > [About Mobile Phone].
2. Tap “Version Number” quickly 7 to 10 times (If the mobile phone has a screen-lock password, please input the correct password in accordance with the system instructions) until the mobile phone displays: “You’re in developer mode!”
3. Search for “Development” in the [System Settings].
4. Go to [Developer Options];
5. Slide the view up and down on the page until you see the “USB Debugging” option.

Hope this helps. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your support.
2023-1-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Once connected, kindly follow this video to update the firmware:
2023-1-7
Use props
khellio
lvl.2

Thailand

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-7 03:59
Hi, khellio. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. What smartphone and tablet were you using? Were you able to use those devices before or would this be the first time? You may follow the troubleshooting steps below:

1. Please confirm if you have a protective case covering your mobile phone. If so, remove it and try connecting again.

Hi and thanks for you reply.
In answer to you questions
1. I am using a Samsung Galaxy A21s phone and a Samsung Galaxy A7 tablet
2  I do not have a protective cover on my phone.
3. I have debugging on.
4. In addition to the provided USB cable, I have tried another 3 in the manner you suggested, however, when using each one, when I try to update the firmware, I'm getting ."installing dji firmware failed"
followed by "Connect to device to update"
Obviously I have already connected to the device before this happens so it would appear that the controller is not connecting to my phone or tablet.
As I mentioned previously, I have tried 3 different cables and reversed them several times to no avail on both the phone and the tablet. I have used both devises several times in the past successfully.
Please see the video below which shows the load stalling at 69%. The drone with flashing green and red lights can be seen in the background.
Please advise further.
2023-1-7
Use props
khellio
lvl.2

Thailand

2023-1-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

khellio Posted at 1-7 13:26
Hi and thanks for you reply.
In answer to you questions
1. I am using a Samsung Galaxy A21s phone and a Samsung Galaxy A7 tablet

Hi, khellio. Thank you for the update. Please try the below methods if the firmware update of the DJI Mini 2 failed using the DJI Fly:
1. Please replace the mobile device to have a try. such as an ios or Android mobile device. And please restart the RC, drone, and app before updating again.
2. If the upgrade cannot be done successfully with the App, it is recommended that the user updates the firmware via DJI Assistant 2. At present, the DJI Assistant 2 software downloaded from the official website cannot upgrade the DJI Mini 2 and DJI Mini SE directly, but the DJI Assistant 2 can be modified to achieve the upgrade. Please check the below steps:
a. Please download the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) from the DJI Website.(https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/mini-2)
b. Open the folder where the assistant software is located, and find the "DJI Engine" folder, find "defaultsettings.ini", then open it and change the "0" to "1". Please refer to the below path for Windows and Mac:
For Windows - Program Files (x86) > DJI Product > DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones) > DJI Engine > , find "defaultsettings.ini", then open it and change the "0" to "1".

For Mac: Right-click the DJI Assistant 2 software > Show Package Contents, then follow the below photo to find the defaultsettings.ini.

Hope this will help you update the devices. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-1-10
Use props
khellio
lvl.2

Thailand

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-10 08:16
Hi, khellio. Thank you for the update. Please try the below methods if the firmware update of the DJI Mini 2 failed using the DJI Fly:
1. Please replace the mobile device to have a try. such as an ios or Android mobile device. And please restart the RC, drone, and app before updating again.
2. If the upgrade cannot be done successfully with the App, it is recommended that the user updates the firmware via DJI Assistant 2. At present, the DJI Assistant 2 software downloaded from the official website cannot upgrade the DJI Mini 2 and DJI Mini SE directly, but the DJI Assistant 2 can be modified to achieve the upgrade. Please check the below steps:

Thank you.
As mentioned previously, I have the dji fly app installed on 2 android devices and the problem is occurring on both.
In addition, I have followed your instructions to download and use the DJI Assistant 2 but after plugging my drone into my PC, I am still getting the image below.
It is not connecting to my drone.
In addition, I cannot find any DJI Engine folder. https://prnt.sc/x_kaHj8wDhBn
https://prnt.sc/GJAHe8qGrhV9
2023-1-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

khellio Posted at 1-10 13:46
Tha[view_image]nk you.
As mentioned previously, I have the dji fly app installed on 2 android devices and the problem is occurring on both.
In addition, I have followed your instructions to download and use the DJI Assistant 2 but after plugging my drone into my PC, I am still getting the image below.

Hi, khellio. Thank you for the reply. Can you please try to install again the DJI Assistant 2? I just tried installing it directly from the same link (https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/mini-2) and it is working on my end. Please see the screenshot below:
2023-1-14
Use props
khellio
lvl.2

Thailand

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-14 00:29
Hi, khellio. Thank you for the reply. Can you please try to install again the DJI Assistant 2? I just tried installing it directly from the same link (https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/mini-2) and it is working on my end. Please see the screenshot below:
[view_image]

Thanks. The issue is sorted through watching the following video.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=F4XUVLK1KfU&feature=shares
2023-1-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

khellio Posted at 1-14 12:40
Thanks. The issue is sorted through watching the following video.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=F4XUVLK1KfU&feature=shares

Hi, khellio. Thank you for the update. Glad to read that it has been sorted out and thank you for providing the video link. Hopefully, that video will be able to help your co-pilots whose having the same issue. Have a safe flight always!
2023-1-17
Use props
khellio
lvl.2

Thailand

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-17 08:06
Hi, khellio. Thank you for the update. Glad to read that it has been sorted out and thank you for providing the video link. Hopefully, that video will be able to help your co-pilots whose having the same issue. Have a safe flight always!

All went well the last time I used it but today, everything has gone back to the same issue I was having originally on my phone.
It will only load up to 69% despite having checked using the same method I used previously.
2023-1-17
Use props
khellio
lvl.2

Thailand

I'm at my wit's end with this issue.
I've tried every conceivable method and followed numerous videos in trying to rectify this issue.
Every time I find a solution and get things working again, the next time I try to fly my mini2 using either my phone or my tablet, the same issue happens again and again and again.
I've spent more time trying to get the issue worked out than I have in flying and I'm sorry I bought the thing in the first place.
After having 4-5 DJI products over the past 10 years or so with only minor issues, I'll never buy another DJI product or recommend them to my friends or club members after the problems I've had with my mini 2..
2023-1-21
Use props
gabriel1985666
New

Ecuador

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-7 03:59

That did it! but when I connected the USB cable a screen appeared on my phone asking if I wanted to tranfer photos, files, charging... I chose tethering
2023-7-19
Use props
fans11c2f93b
New

United States

How come I can never get help from DJI?!
4-6 09:47
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans11c2f93b Posted at 4-6 09:47

Hello there. We are more than glad to help. May I know what issue are you encountering? We kindly request for your patience.
4-6 20:25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fans11c2f93b Posted at 4-6 09:47

Hi there. We do apologize if you are having issues with your unit. To further help you with your concern, please indicate what specific DJI drone you are currently using also the issue you experience on your end so we can check it further. If you can upload a screenshot or screen recording showing the issue that would be very helpful for us to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted.
4-6 20:39
Use props
djiuser_kIaMqRAFJSHT
lvl.1

United States

Same thing with my mini2se
4-6 22:14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_kIaMqRAFJSHT Posted at 4-6 22:14
Same thing with my mini2se

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out. Kindly please check the available troubleshooting steps above and see if that solves your issue. You may also check the article below for more troubleshooting steps. If the issue persists, please upload a short video showing the issue so we can further investigate the issue. We appreciate your cooperation.

https://repair.dji.com/help/cont ... ;paperDocType=paper
4-7 20:20
Use props
oriolsalrach
New
Flight distance : 7392 ft

Spain

Hello! Same issue there, I tried all the things and the mini 2 still not connecting with my RC, what can I do?
4-14 16:29
Use props
khellio
lvl.2

Thailand

oriolsalrach Posted at 4-14 16:29
Hello! Same issue there, I tried all the things and the mini 2 still not connecting with my RC, what can I do?

Mine stopped working after an update from DJI. I later learned that the update wouldn't work on the phone I had but previous versions did.
As a result, I had no choice but to update to a newer phone.
Since then, I've been reluctant to install updates (although there been several), for fear of the same thing happening again.
DJI show no mercy!
4-14 18:32
Use props
oriolsalrach
New
Flight distance : 7392 ft

Spain

khellio Posted at 4-14 18:32
Mine stopped working after an update from DJI. I later learned that the update wouldn't work on the phone I had but previous versions did.
As a result, I had no choice but to update to a newer phone.
Since then, I've been reluctant to install updates (although there been several), for fear of the same thing happening again.

I have the iPhone 15 so I think that will not be the issue But thank you anyways! Still waiting for DJI's help
4-15 03:36
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules