Video footage Mini Pro 3
2303 20 2023-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bullet675
lvl.2
Australia

I dont have any fancy editing software because I never needed it. With my Spark I could take videos and photos remove the SD card plug it into my ipad/iphone abd import and its there, used the dji app to edit my videos and upload no drama, with my mini pro 3 the file format is not identified by my ipad/iphone or even my computer. The photos are no problem imports instantly but the videos are a no go. Can I change the format of the video recording on my drone ? I have the same concern with my Action 3 too cant download the videos from the SD card I am guessing its because of the same format they are now using at DJI.
2023-1-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Make sure you record in MP4 and h264 for best compatibility.
2023-1-6
Use props
Bullet675
lvl.2
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 1-6 00:52
Make sure you record in MP4 and h264 for best compatibility.

Its setup like that
2023-1-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bullet675 Posted at 1-6 16:16
Its setup like that

That really should be all you need.
2023-1-7
Use props
Bullet675
lvl.2
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 1-7 01:11
That really should be all you need.

Wow I have no idea why I am battling like this.
I made some recordings today with my Action3 and even using Mimo I can not transfer my videos to my phone keeps failing. Its so frustrating.
2023-1-7
Use props
Bullet675
lvl.2
Australia

Bullet675 Posted at 1-7 03:49
I made some recordings today with my Action3 and even using Mimo I can not transfer my videos to my phone keeps failing. Its so frustrating.

This morning I tried to use my ipad sd card reader to import my adventure3 videos and my ipad does not even see the files. Using mimo at least sees the files but does not copy it over.
I am going to try and take a screen shot maybe somebody can figure it out.
My Spark made me look like a pro
2023-1-7
Use props
Bullet675
lvl.2
Australia

this is what I get everytime I import a video from my mini pro 3 using a card reader on my ipad
2023-1-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bullet675 Posted at 1-7 13:48
[view_image] this is what I get everytime I import a video from my mini pro 3 using a card reader on my ipad

Try a lower resolution and see if thats any better.
2023-1-8
Use props
Bullet675
lvl.2
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 1-8 01:14
Try a lower resolution and see if thats any better.

You know what that thought just crossed my mind because I am recording 4k24fps.
I am going to try that tomorrow and update.
Thanx for everybody's help so far.
2023-1-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bullet675 Posted at 1-8 02:12
You know what that thought just crossed my mind because I am recording 4k24fps.
I am going to try that tomorrow and update.
Thanx for everybody's help so far.

And make sure you're not using D- Cine too.  
2023-1-8
Use props
Bullet675
lvl.2
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 1-8 02:20
And make sure you're not using D- Cine too.

Dang I am. So if this works its good. But the other side of the coin is if I want 4k material I will need to buy top end editing software. Wish they would tell you this from the start.
I will make the time today to test the theory and update.
2023-1-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bullet675 Posted at 1-8 12:15
Dang I am. So if this works its good. But the other side of the coin is if I want 4k material I will need to buy top end editing software. Wish they would tell you this from the start.
I will make the time today to test the theory and update.

D cine in h264 is not compatible with most apps.  It’s 10bit and really needs h265 to store enough data and then it needs the right cpu to play it.   Go give you some idea my 1 year old MacBook Pro will it in h265 but not h264 without missing frames and a purple tinge.
4K and d cine are not linked you can just film 4K normal.
2023-1-8
Use props
Bullet675
lvl.2
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 1-8 12:19
D cine in h264 is not compatible with most apps.  It’s 10bit and really needs h265 to store enough data and then it needs the right cpu to play it.   Go give you some idea my 1 year old MacBook Pro will it in h265 but not h264 without missing frames and a purple tinge.
4K and d cine are not linked you can just film 4K normal.

I changed all settings on my Action3 to 1080p 24 fps selected normal colour that switches D-Cine off and still have the same concern, my ipad picks up the sd card is connected but when I select to read it it just said no photos available, like the sd card is empty. Stick it in my computer it shows the DICS file and the clips but wont open or play them. Dragging the clips into the video editing program, it plays.
So far seems I am going to need to invest in a decent editing program, another headache for me, what do I choose with my lack of technology savvy
Was hoping to do the drone too today but I am running out of time
2023-1-8
Use props
aposquot`gt
New

Japan

2023-1-10
Use props
Bullet675
lvl.2
Australia

The drone worked perfect. Changed the format to 1080p 24 fps and I could import the video instantly.
Today was a big win, thanx to all that helped with this, I am very happy now.
I wanted to upload the video here  but its taking for ever.
Now to try and sort the action3
2023-1-10
Use props
Bullet675
lvl.2
Australia

Bullet675 Posted at 1-10 20:22
The drone worked perfect. Changed the format to 1080p 24 fps and I could import the video instantly.
Today was a big win, thanx to all that helped with this, I am very happy now.
I wanted to upload the video here  but its taking for ever.

Ok the Action3 will not import at all the sd card shows its empty but its not, there is two videos and 7 photos.
1x video is in 4k made a time laps before all this drama started.
1x video at 1080p
7x photos in 4:3 aspect ratio and JPEG
Any suggestions appreciated
Thanx

2023-1-12
Use props
Bullet675
lvl.2
Australia

Bullet675 Posted at 1-12 23:08
Ok the Action3 will not import at all the sd card shows its empty but its not, there is two videos and 7 photos.
1x video is in 4k made a time laps before all this drama started.
1x video at 1080p

Just a update.
I see no takers here lol.
There is no difference in setup between my drone and my action3 rechecked it this morning, did a few videos and photos with each and the same result, importing the drone footage was a breeze and instant, importing the action3 footage no go the sd card shows empty.
Going to the apple store and see if a tech can help me as I am totally illiterate.
Cheers guys
2023-1-13
Use props
Bullet675
lvl.2
Australia

Bullet675 Posted at 1-13 15:40
Just a update.
I see no takers here lol.
There is no difference in setup between my drone and my action3 rechecked it this morning, did a few videos and photos with each and the same result, importing the drone footage was a breeze and instant, importing the action3 footage no go the sd card shows empty.

Apple shop tried every type of scenario to import the photos and they recon its a software concern on dji action camera.
So how do I bring this under dji’s attention?
2023-1-14
Use props
PixelPro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

Bullet675 Posted at 1-7 03:49

Get a laptop. it's way better at editing 4k files than an iPhone will be.
2023-1-27
Use props
Bullet675
lvl.2
Australia

PixelPro Posted at 1-27 10:33
Get a laptop. it's way better at editing 4k files than an iPhone will be.

I hope to avoid that if possible. For the cost side of things. Did some flying in the mountains yesterday about 46min worth of drone videos and not a single problem importing them to my ipad, I already have all the gear…………..suppose lol
2023-1-28
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1757375 ft
  • >>>
United States

You should be able to change the format.
2023-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules