Main Avata camera processing board wanted!
1739 4 2023-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sir_Saukki
lvl.1
Finland

So long story short I took my Avata to a nearby river and thought to fly over it and follow the ravine. Everything went smooth until I hit a branch and took a little tumble from there so I panicked and did all the wrong things and ended up in the deep.

I managed to wade to the spot and dive the drone out from there (was just under 2m deep luckily) went home with it and took apart everything. Dried with hair dryer/let the parts dry on top of radiator overnight/cleaned everything with anti-corrosive electrical spray and took every step there's to take. I read the other post in here where similar occasion happened.

The esc-board was partly melted so bought a new one with new engines. Then assembled the drone back together with new thermal paste and was very satisfied.
The drone flew nicely but was blind so camera/gimbal didn't work (It gave a warning to calibrate gimbal but when tried it stuck in 0% progression) so I came to conclusion that either the camera/gimbal or the main PCB-chip that has USB-C port, SD-card slot and where camera/lower vision module and everyhing connects is damaged.

So I ordered the camera/gimbal right away but I'm pretty sure that I have to replace that chip also because I think I did some damage to the connector on the chip where cameras cord goes.. Seems to me when I compared the Madstech Avata teardown video to my chip that I'm missing two pins on the connector.

SO my question is, Is that Avata main-PCB-board available for consumer somewhere, I have trouble finding it.. And I'm eager to purchase it from anyone if somebody has two Avatas for example That would save me from buying a new drone since I wasn't prepared with DJI care refresh or anything A good lesson for a quite new pilot and interesting to repair the drone but now I'm stuck!

Thanks for all of you in advance!
IMG_20230106_105833.jpg
IMG_20230106_105900.jpg
2023-1-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Sir_Saukki, we are sorry to hear about the accident that happened to your aircraft, we understand that you may want to repair the drone, however, we may not support this due to the concerns of flight safety and performance assurance.
If there is a need, you can send the drone back to DJI, we will provide the best offer for you.
You can click https://www.dji.com/us/service/repair to start an online repair case.
2023-1-6
Use props
djiuser_dogzKXIWNiJK
New

Israel

At the end did you bring a main camera processing board?
2023-1-17
Use props
Sir_Saukki
lvl.1
Finland

No luck with that, DJI doesn't sell them out for a customer at least for now (which I totally understand) You can get the chip with motors as a spare part but not these. I've contacted several electronic repair shops and in general the message is that they can't get those chips and very hard to repair only the camera connector, also it seems that water has taken it's toll on the chip too so it's likely to malfunction sooner or later. So in my case I'll leave that drone as a spare part and as a memory for myself and buy a new one with DJI care refresh
2023-1-17
Use props
Tucancanta
lvl.1

Argentina

Sir_Saukki Posted at 1-17 07:05
No luck with that, DJI doesn't sell them out for a customer at least for now (which I totally understand) You can get the chip with motors as a spare part but not these. I've contacted several electronic repair shops and in general the message is that they can't get those chips and very hard to repair only the camera connector, also it seems that water has taken it's toll on the chip too so it's likely to malfunction sooner or later. So in my case I'll leave that drone as a spare part and as a memory for myself and buy a new one with DJI care refresh

So how is your experience up to date, you are still flying your new avata, was it worth it? my cpu is finished and its impossible to find a replacement. Option 1 buy a new one, option 2 migrate to pure fpv and be your own doctor. Have you thought about this?

Good luck mate
2023-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules