655 56 2023-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ciaranmcorcoran
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2204134 ft

United States

Blériot53 Posted at 1-8 12:54
Not as extreme as some reports from the US that we see on the news.

It was crazy when I first got my drone. I wanted to fly but it was well below the drone's working temp. Very crazy weather but can also be very nice.
2023-1-9
Use props
ElleKN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 755669 ft
Germany

Beautiful sunset
2023-1-9
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-9 14:59
Almost 18h00 here and I'm just finishing watching the sun go down.

Safe in the knowledge that it will come back up again tomorrow
2023-1-9
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ciaranmcorcoran Posted at 1-9 17:49
It was crazy when I first got my drone. I wanted to fly but it was well below the drone's working temp. Very crazy weather but can also be very nice.

It looks wonderfull on film or photos, but I wouldn't want to be out in it
2023-1-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the well wishes.  Happy flying and filming.
2023-1-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 1-9 23:49
Safe in the knowledge that it will come back up again tomorrow

It did.  

Bit cloudy this morning but no rain in the forecast.  
2023-1-10
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-10 03:24
It did.  

Bit cloudy this morning but no rain in the forecast.

10/10 cloud and non-stop rain here.  Spending the downtime doing a bit of editing.
2023-1-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 1-10 03:45
10/10 cloud and non-stop rain here.  Spending the downtime doing a bit of editing.

Between you and DA I don't know who is getting the most rain.  Seems like  most of the UK is experiencing what I call the winter blahs.  I'll hope for an early Spring for you guys.  

Too bad you can't send some of that rain back to the mid-west US states.  They are hurting for rain still and it was that way all summer.  
2023-1-10
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-10 04:36
Between you and DA I don't know who is getting the most rain.  Seems like  most of the UK is experiencing what I call the winter blahs.  I'll hope for an early Spring for you guys.  

Too bad you can't send some of that rain back to the mid-west US states.  They are hurting for rain still and it was that way all summer.

And yet I'm sure I caught a news headline about flooding in California?
2023-1-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 1-10 07:01
And yet I'm sure I caught a news headline about flooding in California?

True.  I guess I meant more of the inland states on the mid-western coast.  Like Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada.  Although California is always complaining about water shortages and going on water hours.  Kind of reminds me of the time on a Navy ship where a couple of our water evaporator systems went down and we were forced to take 30 second showers.  Get barely wet, soap down, and use last 15-20 seconds trying to get the soap off.  Wasn't fun but the fresh water was needed for cooking and drinking.  Can't make coffee without water and you can't run out of coffee on a Navy ship.  Sometimes I think they run on caffeine.  
2023-1-10
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-10 13:13
True.  I guess I meant more of the inland states on the mid-western coast.  Like Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada.  Although California is always complaining about water shortages and going on water hours.  Kind of reminds me of the time on a Navy ship where a couple of our water evaporator systems went down and we were forced to take 30 second showers.  Get barely wet, soap down, and use last 15-20 seconds trying to get the soap off.  Wasn't fun but the fresh water was needed for cooking and drinking.  Can't make coffee without water and you can't run out of coffee on a Navy ship.  Sometimes I think they run on caffeine.

Coffee seems to be almost as important to you Americans as daily bread is to the French.  
2023-1-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 1-10 13:28
Coffee seems to be almost as important to you Americans as daily bread is to the French.

At least to the sailors on ships it is.  One time we had the COD pilot bring us 20 five pound tins of coffee grounds out from Sigonella.  He had to leave mail bags behind to bring the coffee.  
2023-1-10
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-10 13:42
At least to the sailors on ships it is.  One time we had the COD pilot bring us 20 five pound tins of coffee grounds out from Sigonella.  He had to leave mail bags behind to bring the coffee.

Priorities
2023-1-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

I know it is hard to believe but caffeine floated many a Navy ship.  Here's a few tidbits that might interest you.  On my last aircraft carrier the cooks prepared 17,000 meals a day.  In just a day, the ship’s crews went through 1,600 pounds of chicken, 160 gallons of milk, 30 cases of cereal and 350 pounds of lettuce just as a sample of food consumption.  The carrier had to replenish food every 7-10 days.  
2023-1-10
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-10 13:57
I know it is hard to believe but caffeine floated many a Navy ship.  Here's a few tidbits that might interest you.  On my last aircraft carrier the cooks prepared 17,000 meals a day.  In just a day, the ship’s crews can went through 1,600 pounds of chicken, 160 gallons of milk, 30 cases of cereal and 350 pounds of lettuce just as a sample of food consumption.  The carrier had to replenish food every 7-10 days.

It boggles the mind. Possibly exceeding the supply chain needs of modern cruise ships.
2023-1-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 1-10 13:59
It boggles the mind. Possibly exceeding the supply chain needs of modern cruise ships.

Luckily neither me nor you get stuck paying that food bill.  
2023-1-10
Use props
Fabrice Rqs
lvl.3
Flight distance : 520148 ft
France

Really nice!
2023-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules