Altitude issue
1116 8 2023-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tntdoyle
New

United States

when I first got my mavic mini I could go to a very high altitude, now it will barley go high enough to clear the trees.
2023-1-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please confirm if you did receive an error message on the DJI Fly app during the issue? Could you please provide us with some screenshots so we can check? In addition, does the issue occurs in a different location? You may try to fly the unit in an open field away from any possible interference to see if the issue persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-1-6
Use props
mfries78
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4615243 ft
  • >>>
United States

you are not logged into the app, which means that you can only fly to a limited extent
2023-1-7
Use props
djiuser_lCU2i9r7R8eU
New
United States

I am not sure this is the right place to post this but it is an altitude issue.  When landing, the altitude on the RC controller is showing a negative altitude.  The downward obstacle sensor does show an accurate reading.  I have tried calibrating the IMU.  Not sure what to do next. I am not seeing any error messages.
2023-1-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_lCU2i9r7R8eU Posted at 1-8 07:07
I am not sure this is the right place to post this but it is an altitude issue.  When landing, the altitude on the RC controller is showing a negative altitude.  The downward obstacle sensor does show an accurate reading.  I have tried calibrating the IMU.  Not sure what to do next. I am not seeing any error messages.

Hi there, may I ask if the model of your drone is DJI Mini 3 Pro? Could you please provide us with a screenshot or video for confirmation? If you land the aircraft and take off again, will the altitude still be negative?
2023-1-9
Use props
djiuser_lCU2i9r7R8eU
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-9 00:16
Hi there, may I ask if the model of your drone is DJI Mini 3 Pro? Could you please provide us with a screenshot or video for confirmation? If you land the aircraft and take off again, will the altitude still be negative?

It it the mini 3 Pro. I have attached several photos.  Thankfully, the downward sensors report more accurately.
Screenshot_20230109_074744_Video Editor.jpg
Screenshot_20230109_074731_Video Editor.jpg
Screenshot_20230109_074634_Video Editor.jpg
Screenshot_20230109_074434_Video Editor.jpg
2023-1-9
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_lCU2i9r7R8eU Posted at 1-9 05:50
It it the mini 3 Pro. I have attached several photos.  Thankfully, the downward sensors report more accurately.

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. For Consumer Drones, the near-ground altitude is the combined altitude of the barometer and GPS.
The barometer is easily affected by unstable low air pressure, air temperature and other factors. This can lead to a deviation in the barometer metered altitude.
The GPS altitude is also affected by accuracy, which can lead to an error with the near-ground altitude. However, negative altitude display will not affect flight performances.
Suggstions for narrowing altitude display errors
1. Land the aircraft and take off again. At this point, the flight controller will recalculate the aircraft altitude relative to the takeoff point. This can improve the display accuracy.
2. Do not fly the aircraft forcedly in a vertical direction (Repeated rapid ascending and descending will lead to a larger altitude error). This can improve the display accuracy.
2023-1-10
Use props
djiuser_lCU2i9r7R8eU
New
United States

Thank you. That makes sense.
2023-1-10
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_lCU2i9r7R8eU Posted at 1-10 10:55
Thank you. That makes sense.