Connecting to oculus quest 2
20450 13 2023-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_O4Mw20t3GWUb
lvl.1
United States

Can anyone tell me how to connect the dji mini 3 pro, with the built in screen remote  to an oculus quest 2.
2023-1-6
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I do not think it is posssible, there is no video output through the USB C ports
2023-1-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Currently not possible as there's no video output.   You'd need the RC Pro for that.
2023-1-7
Use props
djiuser_O4Mw20t3GWUb
lvl.1
United States

How about live stream.  Like a you tube. Or a mirror screen
2023-1-7
Use props
wa.jesse07
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4686545 ft
United States

djiuser_O4Mw20t3GWUb Posted at 1-7 02:16
How about live stream.  Like a you tube. Or a mirror screen

The delay would be unbearable, like 10 to 15 seconds.
2023-1-7
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeah, this is not something you want to do.  
2023-1-7
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI deliberatly hobble their kit to make you buy more kit
2023-1-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for bringing this query to us. Unfortunately, the said product is not compatible with the DJI Mini 3 Pro. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-1-8
Use props
djiuser_Xg2ziKLhhopL
New

United States

Hi I have the DJI RC-N1 remote, can i connect it to quest 2, install dji fly app on quest 2 and fly using that assuming i have a spotter
2023-5-23
Use props
relaxosmo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 180604 ft
Hungary

You cannot install fly app on quest 2..
You can mirror phone screen to quest2 with the free app called "Screen stream over http"
Start a hotspot on your phone and connect to that wifi with quest2. No internet is needed.
You control the drone, watch the phone as before and customer can wear the glasses and see
the live view on Quest home environment

Hope that help!

2023-6-1
Use props
wsteeleNYC
lvl.1
United States

relaxosmo Posted at 6-1 23:14
You cannot install fly app on quest 2..
You can mirror phone screen to quest2 with the free app called "Screen stream over http"
Start a hotspot on your phone and connect to that wifi with quest2. No internet is needed.

You can install the app on quest 2 by sideloading it.  I think the issue seems to be getting a connection to the RC-N1 controller via usb-c doesn't work for some reason.
2023-6-2
Use props
djiuser_3i6PFTUEOWX1
lvl.1

United States

wsteeleNYC Posted at 2023-6-2 02:31
You can install the app on quest 2 by sideloading it.  I think the issue seems to be getting a connection to the RC-N1 controller via usb-c doesn't work for some reason.

Can you elaborate for me?
I know side quest and will try but what about the usb c and rc controller?
does the app and controller need to be conntected? or can u watch the camera from the headset fly with phone on your controller?
2-28 07:22
Use props
djiuser_gLNvUc1K3NcP
New

Poland

I did it once few years ago, fji fly installs on quest, but the camera output ia black after connection. It's sad dji does not care, and simply write drivers and make great feature avialable. ;(  i did something with screen capture from phone to quest 2. The quality was poor, medium, but the delay was 1-3 sec, so you feel like drunk. And the biggest problem is the fact, that you have to have wifi router with you, becouse it has to be separete wifi network.

Please DJI make this work !
3-31 01:49
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_gLNvUc1K3NcP Posted at 3-31 01:49
I did it once few years ago, fji fly installs on quest, but the camera output ia black after connection. It's sad dji does not care, and simply write drivers and make great feature avialable. ;(  i did something with screen capture from phone to quest 2. The quality was poor, medium, but the delay was 1-3 sec, so you feel like drunk. And the biggest problem is the fact, that you have to have wifi router with you, becouse it has to be separete wifi network.

Please DJI make this work !

We understand the inconvenience. Rest assured this feedback will be provided to the development team for evaluation. Any news or updates will be announced on the DJI official website. We appreciate your patience.
3-31 02:41
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules