Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
mapbox only loads a small portion when on WiFi
1337 16 2023-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfea36ea7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 794091 ft
United States

I'm trying to download a map for offline use but my CrystalSky / DJI GO 4 won't even load the area of map I want, despite being on WiFi. I've tried different WiFi networks, I've tried closing the app and rebooting the CrystalSky but nothing seems to matter. I've tried accessing the map in both DJI GO 4 when connected to my drone and in the Offline Maps Download section. I've attached two different pictures to show the map just isn't loading.
Any ideas how to fix this?
Thanks.
IMG_20230106_205318307 (1).jpg
IMG_20230106_203810781 (1).jpg
2023-1-6
Use props
fansfea36ea7
lvl.2
United States

And to follow up: When trying to download one of these half loaded maps for offline use, it gets 50% done and then says there is a Download Error and that I need to check my Network Connection. Same goes for my Offline Maps List. I'll see my last attempted map for download has been Paused and when I click "Resume" it gives me the same error. And I know for a fact my network connection is fine. I can go into the CrystalSky's internet browser and cruise the web without any problems. But for some reason it is refusing to let me view or download any maps while on WiFi.

And yes, I've successfully downloaded maps for offline use in the past so I know what I'm doing. It's just refusing to work as it has in the past.
2023-1-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fansfea36ea7 Posted at 1-6 21:16
And to follow up: When trying to download one of these half loaded maps for offline use, it gets 50% done and then says there is a Download Error and that I need to check my Network Connection. Same goes for my Offline Maps List. I'll see my last attempted map for download has been Paused and when I click "Resume" it gives me the same error. And I know for a fact my network connection is fine. I can go into the CrystalSky's internet browser and cruise the web without any problems. But for some reason it is refusing to let me view or download any maps while on WiFi.

And yes, I've successfully downloaded maps for offline use in the past so I know what I'm doing. It's just refusing to work as it has in the past.

Hi, fansfea36ea7. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. May we ask what mobile are you using with the DJI Go 4 app and what is the current app version installed? We will wait for your update. Thank you.
2023-1-7
Use props
fansfea36ea7
lvl.2
United States

I'm using the CrystalSky Ultra 7.85 inch with DJI GO 4, app version 4.3.16.
IMG_20230107_111531869.jpg
2023-1-7
Use props
grangecam
lvl.2
Flight distance : 896883 ft
United States

fansfea36ea7  You are not alone.   The small section of map you are seeing is very likely from an offline map already stored on your Crystalsky.    I am having the same problem.   The only map I can see on my screen is the offline maps stored in the device.   NO Maps of new areas show up, either at home on wifi or out in the field.   I even went so far as to re-set one of my Crystalskies to factory settings and when
Go4 reinstalled, there are still no maps, and now all my offline maps are also gone, so I don't even have a map of my own neighborhood.   This appears to be a problem with DJI Go4  talking to MapBox.
Perhaps MapBox changed something and DJI needs to learn about the new settings.   DJI-  Please help.   Maps are no longer working in Crystalsky - not just offline maps but ALL maps.
Maps are still working on my iphone, and it seems that the IOS version is using Apple Maps, not MapBox.   We need a fix ASAP
2023-1-11
Use props
grangecam
lvl.2
Flight distance : 896883 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-7 00:28
Hi, fansfea36ea7. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. May we ask what mobile are you using with the DJI Go 4 app and what is the current app version installed? We will wait for your update. Thank you.

The only map I can see on my screen is the offline maps stored in the device.   NO Maps of new areas show up, either at home on wifi or out in the field.   I even went so far as to re-set one of my Crystalskies to factory settings and when
Go4 reinstalled, there are still no maps, and now all my offline maps are also gone, so I don't even have a map of my own neighborhood.   This appears to be a problem with DJI Go4  talking to MapBox.
Perhaps MapBox changed something and DJI needs to learn about the new settings.   DJI-  Please help.   Maps are no longer working in Crystalsky - not just offline maps but ALL maps.
Maps are still working on my iphone, and it seems that the IOS version is using Apple Maps, not MapBox.   We need a fix ASAP
2023-1-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

grangecam Posted at 1-11 15:21
The only map I can see on my screen is the offline maps stored in the device.   NO Maps of new areas show up, either at home on wifi or out in the field.   I even went so far as to re-set one of my Crystalskies to factory settings and when

Hi, grangecam. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to read that you're having the same issue. May we ask about the current version you have in your Cystalsky? As this issue may occur in the earlier firmware versions.  Also. if you could provide us with a video of operation, that will be much appreciated. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-1-16
Use props
direct+drone+camera
lvl.2
United States

Grangecam, I'm sorry you're dealing with this too but thank you for sharing. It sounds like we have the exact same problem.
DJI Gamora, any idea how we can fix this? This is a pretty crucial problem.
Thanks.
2023-1-29
Use props
direct+drone+camera
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-16 07:42
Hi, grangecam. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to read that you're having the same issue. May we ask about the current version you have in your Cystalsky? As this issue may occur in the earlier firmware versions.  Also. if you could provide us with a video od operation, that will be much appreciated. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

DJI Gamora, any ideas of what we can do?
2023-2-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

direct+drone+camera Posted at 2-2 19:56
DJI Gamora, any ideas of what we can do?

Hi, direct+drone+camera. Thank you for the reply. Please try to reinstall the DJI Go 4 app using the apk file that I will provide to you via PM. Thank you.
2023-2-6
Use props
direct+drone+camera
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-6 05:42
Hi, direct+drone+camera. Thank you for the reply. Please try to reinstall the DJI Go 4 app using the apk file that I will provide to you via PM. Thank you.

Thank you for the help! That seems to have worked. I will run more tests when I fly next but as of right now, things seem to be working as they should (after downloading and using that apk file).
2023-2-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

direct+drone+camera Posted at 2-7 15:00
Thank you for the help! That seems to have worked. I will run more tests when I fly next but as of right now, things seem to be working as they should (after downloading and using that apk file).

Hi, direct+drone+camera. We appreciate your update. Great to know that it's working now. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Have a nice day.
2023-2-11
Use props
fansfac3dfa1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 183967 ft
United States

How do I get this APK? I am having the same problem?
2023-3-25
Use props
direct+drone+camera
lvl.2
United States

Hey DJI Gamora,

I'm reviving this thread because my Crystal Sky returned to its wayward ways. When trying to download an area to my Offline Maps, it doesn't get past 2 or 3 % downloaded. I re-installed the .apk you sent me on February 6th but that isn't doing the trick. Any suggestions?

My monitor is connected to the internet and it's receiving a strong signal. The difference from last time is that the maps are actually loading this time, showing that I do in fact, have internet. But it won't let me download them.

Thanks for the help.
2023-5-7
Use props
Sijtze
New
Flight distance : 165413 ft

Netherlands

I have the same issue with off-line map can you send me also the package for the newest DJI GO 4 on my CrystalSky?
2023-11-22
Use props
aramsmak
lvl.1

Germany

Ensure that your CrystalSky is connected to a stable and reliable internet connection. You mentioned trying different WiFi networks, but make sure the one you're connected to has a good signal strength. Clear the cache in the DJI GO 4 app. Sometimes, accumulated cache data can cause issues. In the app settings, look for an option to clear cache or data. Make sure you are using the latest version of the DJI GO 4 app. Check the app store on your CrystalSky for any available updates.
2023-11-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sijtze Posted at 11-22 05:15
I have the same issue with off-line map can you send me also the package for the newest DJI GO 4 on my CrystalSky?

Hi there. We're sorry to know that you are having issues with your Crystalsky monitor. Please update the app to the latest version and check whether the issue persists. Hope this helps. Thank you.
2023-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules