Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Avata cam stopped working one fine morning
12Next >
5058 68 2023-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Saurav singh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 368655 ft
United States

Hi
I'll keep things short
I had been flying avata for past 40 days without any issues.
But due to a vaccation i was away for two weeks.
After which i was shocked to find out my avata is not showing any Video neither in the Goggles v2 or the dji fly app.
And from past 3 days i haved check everywhere to find no soulution till now.
I forgot to mention the drone is flying great with no issue i just have no video showing up to see anything

Ihave tried  the Following methods till now but still mo luck
1) tried login in and out of my dji fly app account. NOTHING
2) unbinded avata and rebinded it. NOTHING
3) reset camera parameters, dji goggles v2. NOITHING
4) removed sd cards in both goggles and avata . NOTHING
5) tried formatting sd cards in which to my surprise i m unable to format sd card via avata and evven while formatting internal storage of avata it says formating failed. Goggles are able to format both sd cards just fine.
6) one more thing which is weird i m unable to chnge any cam settings from my goggles 2 i see the option to change resolution but when i click it nothing happens and no the options are not greyed out.

Please help me out i have lost alot of sleep since last 3 days on this
2023-1-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Saurav. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. What are the current firmware versions of the devices? Please try refreshing their firmwares or update if outdated by installing the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) from this link: https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/avata. After that try pairing them again and see if you'll have an image transmission. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-1-7
Use props
Saurav singh
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-7 00:21
Hi, Saurav. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. What are the current firmware versions of the devices? Please try refreshing their firmwares or update if outdated by installing the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) from this link: https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/avata. After that try pairing them again and see if you'll have an image transmission. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Hi ty for the promt reply
May god bless u with wisdom to help me on this problem i m in

I m currently on latest firmwares i have even down graded the firmwares tried the camera which was still not working then ihave installed the next firmware until i reach the latest firmware. But still i m facing the same issue. I did this with both dji fly app and the dji assistant 2 consumer drone series yet no luck.
I have noticed that dji avata has only one firmware listed in the assistant softwere so i have refreshed and installed it again also.. but still there is no vdo output in the goggles or dji fly app.
2023-1-7
Use props
celltx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7399311 ft

Israel

Do you see the telemetry data in the Goggles: speed, height, distance, etc.?
2023-1-7
Use props
Saurav singh
lvl.2
United States

celltx Posted at 1-7 01:41
Do you see the telemetry data in the Goggles: speed, height, distance, etc.?

Yes i do,
I see all the details except for the video.
2023-1-7
Use props
Saurav singh
lvl.2
United States

I m still facing the no Video issue,,
2023-1-8
Use props
Saurav singh
lvl.2
United States

I have also noticed that in the goggles 2 menu i m unable to change any cam settings. example changing the resolution from 4:3 to 16:9... its not greyed out but when i select and click the touchpad nothing changes it stays on 4:3. and funny enough sometimes it does change to 16:9 on random.
similarly other settings such as resolutions i m unable to change them.
i recently saw that my cam settings are on manual but when i click auto its does nothing it shows manual only.
2023-1-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Saurav singh Posted at 1-7 01:08
Hi ty for the promt reply
May god bless u with wisdom to help me on this problem i m in

Hi, Saurav. Thank you for the update and we're sorry that you're still experiencing the same issue. Would it be possible for you to provide us a video of operation? That would be much appreaciated. We will wait for your reply. Thank you.
2023-1-9
Use props
Saurav singh
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-9 17:05
Hi, Saurav. Thank you for the update and we're sorry that you're still experiencing the same issue. Would it be possible for you to provide us a video of operation? That would be much appreaciated. We will wait for your reply. Thank you.

https://youtu.be/KOvLK4Ws_gA
above link will show u the no video problem & how i m. Unable to change settings in the goggles

https://youtube.com/shorts/IskO_Cwuqxw?feature=share
The above video can show you that its flying great but i have no video feed

Pls view them and assist me i am at wits end now

2023-1-9
Use props
HDPS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

Saurav singh Posted at 1-8 04:54
I have also noticed that in the goggles 2 menu i m unable to change any cam settings. example changing the resolution from 4:3 to 16:9... its not greyed out but when i select and click the touchpad nothing changes it stays on 4:3. and funny enough sometimes it does change to 16:9 on random.
similarly other settings such as resolutions i m unable to change them.
i recently saw that my cam settings are on manual but when i click auto its does nothing it shows manual only.

strange, let us know if you find anything....on second video, would not show any video beacuse the goggles are blaked out, try put a piece tape on proximity sensor, goggles will think you are wearing it and will be on
2023-1-9
Use props
Saurav singh
lvl.2
United States

HDPS Posted at 1-9 22:08
strange, let us know if you find anything....on second video, would not show any video beacuse the goggles are blaked out, try put a piece tape on proximity sensor, goggles will think you are wearing it and will be on

I m aware of that.
The issue is there is no video in the googgles even when i wearing them.
2023-1-10
Use props
Saurav singh
lvl.2
United States

NEW UPDATE
After connecting to the pc i deleted two folders both in the avata internal storage & avata sd card & also in the dji goggles2. (DCIM & misc)

After which i m able to change different cam settings which previously i was not able to change.

But even after this I STILL HAVE A BLACK SCREEN IN the gogglev2 and dji fly app. i can see all the telemetry data but no video.
2023-1-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Saurav singh Posted at 1-9 20:38
https://youtu.be/KOvLK4Ws_gA
above link will show u the no video problem & how i m. Unable to change settings in the goggles

Hi, Saurav. Thank you for uploading the videos. We have forwarded the links to our relevant team for further checking. We'll get back to you once we receive feedback from them.  Your kind understanding is appreciated.
2023-1-11
Use props
Saurav singh
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-11 09:32
Hi, Saurav. Thank you for uploading the videos. We have forwarded the links to our relevant team for further checking. We'll get back to you once we receive feedback from them.  Your kind understanding is appreciated.

Ty so much i will be eagerly waiting for a reply I m sure u can understand this is very frustrating for me.

2023-1-11
Use props
Saurav singh
lvl.2
United States

FOUND THIS video  https://youtu.be/8bnQx1lqK8c
Its all chineese but has subtitles below.
This guy faced the same issue as me but in dji mavic drone. He fixed his black screen issue by downgrading from the current firmware to the previous one which worked.
By doing so his drone was showing video again.

But to my badluck avata has only one firmware (v01.02.000)showing up in the dji assistant consumer series softwere so i m unable to DOWNGRADE the firmware on avata.
U can see the same in the follwing picture

Please look into this and let me downgrade avata so that i can fly again.
2023-1-11
Use props
Saurav singh
lvl.2
United States

Any updates? Please i m holding on to the forums for my dear life here
2023-1-14
Use props
Danisimo
lvl.1

Croatia

The same issue ad you have , do you found solution?
2023-1-14
Use props
Saurav singh
lvl.2
United States

Danisimo Posted at 1-14 15:15

no solution till now been over 10days , waiting for the Dji’s reply idk why we have to go through this when its not even our fault
2023-1-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Saurav singh Posted at 1-11 22:41
Ty so much i will be eagerly waiting for a reply I m sure u can understand this is very frustrating for me.

Hi, Saurav. Thank you for patiently waiting and we're sorry for the delay. We now received feedback from our relevant team. Can you please confirm if the photo and video can be shot normally and can you view the picture? If you can, please Factory Reset the DJI FPV Goggles V2. Enter Setting>About>Reset all. If you can't take pictures at all and/or the issue persists after a factory reset, please consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You may submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. If you need assistance with creating a ticket, you may contact DJI support at https://www.dji.com/support. We understand that this is not the answer that you look forward to, but this would be the best thing to do in this situation. In addition, warranty service can be claimed depending on the result of the Damage Assessment. Your kind understanding is appreciated and thank you for your continued support.
2023-1-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Saurav singh Posted at 1-11 23:34
FOUND THIS video  https://youtu.be/8bnQx1lqK8c
Its all chineese but has subtitles below.
This guy faced the same issue as me but in dji mavic drone. He fixed his black screen issue by downgrading from the current firmware to the previous one which worked.

Hi, Saurav. We regret to inform you that a firmware downgrade or choosing a firmware to download is not possible since the previous firmware versions have been removed from our server. You can only upgrade it to the latest firmware version. Your understanding is highly appreciated.
2023-1-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Danisimo Posted at 1-14 15:15

Hi, Danisimo. We're so sorry to read that you're experiencing the same issue. If you can take pictures and video and view the files, please Factory Reset the DJI FPV Goggles V2. Enter Setting>About>Reset all. If you can't take pictures at all and/or the issue persists after a factory reset, please consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You may submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.
2023-1-15
Use props
Saurav singh
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-15 07:25
Hi, Saurav. Thank you for patiently waiting and we're sorry for the delay. We now received feedback from our relevant team. Can you please confirm if the photo and video can be shot normally and can you view the picture? If you can, please Factory Reset the DJI FPV Goggles V2. Enter Setting>About>Reset all. If you can't take pictures at all and/or the issue persists after a factory reset, please consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis.  You may submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. If you need assistance with creating a ticket, you may contact DJI support at https://www.dji.com/support. We understand that this is not the answer that you look forward to, but this would be the best thing to do in this situation. In addition, warranty service can be claimed depending on the result of the Damage Assessment. Your kind understanding is appreciated and thank you for your continued support.

No there is no video showing up even when i record or take a photo its black.
sending the product for repairs/assessment wont be possible currently as i am away with work.
& i have already tried factory reseting the googles v2 & even the camera parameters. nothing works.
my best bet is either u guys release new firmware update for the avata drone or let us downgrade so i can get the video transmission back.
I have seen many forums where the drone cam is showing black screen after firmware update but if u revert back to the previous firmware it solves the issue.
kindly assist me in hard resetting the  avata or pls release a new firmware which will solve the issue.
2023-1-15
Use props
Saurav singh
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-15 07:28
Hi, Saurav. We regret to inform you that a firmware downgrade or choosing a firmware to download is not possible since the previous firmware versions have been removed from our server. You can only upgrade it to the latest firmware version. Your understanding is highly appreciated.

okay, then please a release a new firmware as it will solve many Users problem facing the black screen issue. its request.
today this is happening to a few people maybe it will affect every1 soon.
2023-1-15
Use props
Danisimo
lvl.1

Croatia

I already reset settings and also downgrage glasses and the controller firmware = not helped
When I connect regular dki fpv all work , avta no
Pictures and problem the same as on guy who init this topic
2023-1-16
Use props
Danisimo
lvl.1

Croatia

I record video -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q46mNezEetM

I want to say: 0 - crashes , all firmare its updated for (drone , contoller and glasses ) also i try to downgrade glasses and controller , its not help to me.

2023-1-16
Use props
Saurav singh
lvl.2
United States

Danisimo Posted at 1-16 11:26
I record video -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q46mNezEetM

I want to say: 0 - crashes , all firmare its updated for (drone , contoller and glasses ) also i try to downgrade glasses and controller , its not help to me.

wow same problem i have been facing since past two weeks.
this is definetley a firmware issue.....
2023-1-16
Use props
HDPS
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Saurav singh Posted at 1-16 18:42
wow same problem i have been facing since past two weeks.
this is definetley a firmware issue.....

you can rollback the Firmware , google  wtf.com downgrade avata firmware, there is a Bardwell video on YouTube about it also
2023-1-16
Use props
Danisimo
lvl.1

Croatia

HDPS Posted at 1-16 20:37
you can rollback the Firmware , google  wtf.com downgrade avata firmware, there is a Bardwell video on YouTube about it also

can you attach links i not found solution for mac os
2023-1-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Saurav singh Posted at 1-15 07:55
No there is no video showing up even when i record or take a photo its black.
sending the product for repairs/assessment wont be possible currently as i am away with work.
& i have already tried factory reseting the googles v2 & even the camera parameters. nothing works.

Hi, Saurav. Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, upgrading might not resolve this issue. As per Danisimo's reply, he tried downgrading already but the issue persists. There might be a possibility that it is not a software issue that's why it is recommended to send it in for a proper diagnosis. I understand that you can't send it now as you are traveling, but feel free to create a repair case whenever you're ready. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-1-17
Use props
Danisimo
lvl.1

Croatia

What should i do , curently i live in Croatia (split) and i bouht  drone 2 month ago on dji site
2023-1-17
Use props
Danisimo
lvl.1

Croatia

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-17 05:54
Hi, Saurav. Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, upgrading might not resolve this issue. As per Danisimo's reply, he tried downgrading already but the issue persists. There might be a possibility that it is not a software issue that's why it is recommended to send it in for a proper diagnosis. I understand that you can't send it now as you are traveling, but feel free to create a repair case whenever you're ready. Thank you for your kind understanding.

Im not downgrade drone version cause , its locked  on last version you cannot downgrade avata
2023-1-17
Use props
HDPS
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Danisimo Posted at 1-17 05:15
can you attach links i not found solution for mac os

see links in the MORE....
2023-1-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Danisimo Posted at 1-17 07:31
Im not downgrade drone version cause , its locked  on last version you cannot downgrade avata

Hi, Danisimo. Thank you for the clarification. Please follow post #20 to isolate the issue. If the issue persists, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis.  You may submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. If you need assistance with creating a ticket, you may contact DJI support at https://www.dji.com/support. We understand that this is not the answer that you look forward to, but this would be the best thing to do in this situation. In addition, warranty service can be claimed depending on the result of the Damage Assessment. Your kind understanding is appreciated and thank you for your continued support.
2023-1-18
Use props
Danisimo
lvl.1

Croatia

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-18 02:50
Hi, Danisimo. Thank you for the clarification. Please follow post #20 to isolate the issue. If the issue persists, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis.  You may submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. If you need assistance with creating a ticket, you may contact DJI support at https://www.dji.com/support. We understand that this is not the answer that you look forward to, but this would be the best thing to do in this situation. In addition, warranty service can be claimed depending on the result of the Damage Assessment. Your kind understanding is appreciated and thank you for your continued support.

i should send only avata? and wat I need choose hear ?
2023-1-19
Use props
Saurav singh
lvl.2
United States

I have found two other people on the forums facing the same exact black screen issue
Requesting the moderators/admin to provide a hotfix for this situation as this is clearly a software bug.
2023-1-20
Use props
ro_walker
Second Officer
Brazil

this is very frustrating ....
2023-1-21
Use props
Saurav singh
lvl.2
United States

ro_walker Posted at 1-21 20:04
this is very frustrating ....

r u facing the black screen issue too??
2023-1-21
Use props
ro_walker
Second Officer
Brazil

Saurav singh Posted at 1-21 20:07
r u facing the black screen issue too??

No I don't mate...
2023-1-21
Use props
Saurav singh
lvl.2
United States

ro_walker Posted at 1-21 20:13
No I don't mate...

oh. then you dont have any idea how frustrating it is. i have spent so much money on this drone its just 40days old and it has no video in the camera.
And the dji support here is Useless they have not told us even one usefull method to get the video back when cleary its a Firmware bug and not a hardware issue.
2023-1-21
Use props
ro_walker
Second Officer
Brazil

Saurav singh Posted at 1-21 20:16
oh. then you dont have any idea how frustrating it is. i have spent so much money on this drone its just 40days old and it has no video in the camera.
And the dji support here is Useless they have not told us even one usefull method to get the video back when cleary its a Firmware bug and not a hardware issue.

2023-1-21
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules