Avata cam stopped working one fine morning
5064 68 2023-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Danisimo Posted at 1-19 11:53
i should send only avata? and wat I need choose hear ?

Hi there. Please send the RC and Goggles as well so that our facility will be able to diagnose them properly. If you're having a hard time creating a case please feel free to contact DJI support at https://www.dji.com/support. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.
2023-1-21
Use props
Danisimo
lvl.1

Croatia

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-21 23:34
Hi there. Please send the RC and Goggles as well so that our facility will be able to diagnose them properly. If you're having a hard time creating a case please feel free to contact DJI support at https://www.dji.com/support. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.

Im in croatia this link and all prev link what you share not help , pls say where  I should deliver my drone

The controller and Glasses work well with  DJI fpv,
RC work good with avata
the problem only with image
2023-1-23
Use props
Danisimo
lvl.1

Croatia

error on site
0bf82590b9623491f6248a4d40df1150ee8b0631732639437581de8d1aa7297e.png
2023-1-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Danisimo Posted at 1-23 04:48
Im in croatia this link and all prev link what you share not help , pls say where  I should deliver my drone

The controller and Glasses work well with  DJI fpv,

Hi, Danisimo. Sorry for the inconvenience. Kindly remove the dot after the link (https://www.dji.com/support). Our support will provide you with all the information, kindly contact them. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.
2023-1-24
Use props
Saurav singh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 368655 ft
United States

I am currently visiting india
& apparently there is no service provided by dji in this country.
More & more posts are showing up here in the dji forums facing the same issue.
Dji should release a hot fix for this as clearly is a firmware issue.
2023-1-26
Use props
Youprint
lvl.1

United Arab Emirates

I'm facing the same problem but with my FPV googles V2. It's working very good with my FPV racer but no image with the Avata (black screen). so it's clearly a drone issue. I tried everything possible excluding downgrading the firmware since it's not possible to do it. Why DJI don't let us downgrade like before ?
I'm going to travel in less than one week to Bali and I'm very disappointed because I spend a lot of time training for this travel and I will be unable to shoot video with my Avata. I invested a lot of money buying an Avata especially for this travel and the only solution for me is to buy an another one. good job DJI but I thing it's gonna be the last product from this company.

2023-1-28
Use props
Saurav singh
lvl.2
United States

Day 25
Still stuck with a brand new drone without any video output.. no crashes only updated the drone & goggle & controllers to latest version… waiting for dji to release a NEW FIRMWARE UPDATE to fix this issue.. or atleast provide some hotfix as clearly this is not a hardware issue…
2023-1-29
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59121 ft
Netherlands

affraid to update mine now...

what fw versions do you have on all components?

i'll check what i have, as everything is working as it should right now.
2023-1-29
Use props
Saurav singh
lvl.2
United States

BadBert Posted at 1-29 23:24
affraid to update mine now...

what fw versions do you have on all components?

Iam on the latest firmwares… for some unlucky people like myself.. there is a black screen in the goggles & dji fly app. After updating..
There is no fix till now …
2023-1-29
Use props
Saurav singh
lvl.2
United States

Youprint Posted at 1-28 03:50
I'm facing the same problem but with my FPV googles V2. It's working very good with my FPV racer but no image with the Avata (black screen). so it's clearly a drone issue. I tried everything possible excluding downgrading the firmware since it's not possible to do it. Why DJI don't let us downgrade like before ?
I'm going to travel in less than one week to Bali and I'm very disappointed because I spend a lot of time training for this travel and I will be unable to shoot video with my Avata. I invested a lot of money buying an Avata especially for this travel and the only solution for me is to buy an another one. good job DJI but I thing it's gonna be the last product from this company.

I feel you brother.
All dji needs to do is a release a new firmware thatt will fix this stupid issue.. or just provide the suffering parties with a hot fix via email or something…
MOre and more are started to face this Stupid issue..
2023-1-31
Use props
Saurav singh
lvl.2
United States

DJIYou should place yourself in my position
You guys are not understanding how frustrating it is to face this issue when its not even my fault..
you guys are not even responding anymore.
Pls assist me in fixing my drone by releasing a proper firmware update or a way to hard reset the avata.
2023-2-2
Use props
Eremit
lvl.1
Flight distance : 268530 ft

Germany

Same Issue here. Regained picture several times, but without a clear scheme... Firmware Reset seemed to help, but only once, next time refresh of Goggles Firmware helped... But after using my o3 air unit and switching back to avata, picture was black again.
As in the first post of the thread. there also was trouble with formatting internal storage.

I have another copter with an o3 air unit, wich still works without these issues. But I'm not sure if it is the goggle2. On one occassion, rewriting goggles firmware helped or at least so it seems.

2023-2-4
Use props
Eremit
lvl.1

Germany

Saurav singh Posted at 1-20 21:53
I have found two other people on the forums facing the same exact black screen issue
Requesting the moderators/admin to provide a hotfix for this situation as this is clearly a software bug.

And another one: Me.
I hate it. Until this I thought the avata to be sturdy and reliable. I mean, who wants to fly a copter making a unreliable Impression.

Your diagnosis is very good. I did almost exact the same things, only that I regained pictures 3 times. Is it a common point that we all switched between different copters, experiencing black screens when switching back to avata?

2023-2-4
Use props
Saurav singh
lvl.2
United States

Eremit Posted at 2-4 16:30
And another one: Me.
I hate it. Until this I thought the avata to be sturdy and reliable. I mean, who wants to fly a copter making a unreliable Impression.

Its a firmware issue which we are facing
Dji should do something about it.. instead turning a blind eye to it.
I have been continuously posting regarding this issue sing past 1 month yet there has been ZERO SOLUTIONS provided by DJI.
I REGRET BUYING DJI PRODUCTS NOW.
2023-2-4
Use props
Eremit
lvl.1

Germany

Saurav singh Posted at 2-4 21:45
I have been continuously posting regarding this issue sing past 1 month yet there has been ZERO SOLUTIONS provided by DJI.

The Least thing dji could do is to provide the possibility to switch back one firmware version. The remote id stuff was in the last version already, so what is the reason? To keep our Avatas bricked as soon as we use a second copter? Then dji should also be so kind to take back my Avata...
2023-2-5
Use props
Saurav singh
lvl.2
United States

NO UPDATES WHAT SO EVER BY DJI.
2023-2-15
Use props
fans269eb4ff
New

Portugal

Recently found this thread among many others I already checked of people with the same problem. My case is everything similar to yours, Saurav. Tried everything, no solution. Goggles work fine with FPV drone, but no image with Avata. I can fly the drone, but I get zero feed. The only thing I get that's slightly different is that sometimes (not always, rarely) I get a message in the goggles saying "camera calibration error - please connect to djy fly app to calibrate". After some search, I found that, in this case, I should connect the Goggles to the app and a little pop-up would appear saying "download camera calibration firmware", the same way that the firmware updates pop-up in the app. Thing is, I dont get any message of any kind.

So... basically, I have a brick with proppelers... The most frustrating thing is... I'm 99% sure this is a software issue... And I can't understand how DJI Assistance can be so vague in something so "simple" and, apparently, common. Even if it it something serious or some part needs replacemen, why can't DJI say something about it? Why are the answers so vague or straight to "send to repair"?

Anyways, let's hope a solution comes out soon.
2023-4-11
Use props
djiuser_o1ahrGBZllOj
New

Netherlands

I know I might be a bit late to this party, but I would like to drop a possible solution or workaround. At least it work in my situation. I experienced the black screen too. What I found is that if you toggle the setting for broadcasting back and forth, the drone starts transmitting video again. It is in Settings - Connection - pilot - Broadcasting. Just switch it on and then off again. For some reason I've got the black screen everytime I switch my drone on bit this works every time. I hope this helps some of you!
2023-4-15
Use props
digicom1
lvl.1

Canada

same issue here...need to return kit...what a mess. ..wonder how many users have this problem...
can dji confirm the problem as we can stop try everything ...please document.
2023-4-21
Use props
digicom1
lvl.1

Canada

fans269eb4ff Posted at 4-11 03:38
Recently found this thread among many others I already checked of people with the same problem. My case is everything similar to yours, Saurav. Tried everything, no solution. Goggles work fine with FPV drone, but no image with Avata. I can fly the drone, but I get zero feed. The only thing I get that's slightly different is that sometimes (not always, rarely) I get a message in the goggles saying "camera calibration error - please connect to djy fly app to calibrate". After some search, I found that, in this case, I should connect the Goggles to the app and a little pop-up would appear saying "download camera calibration firmware", the same way that the firmware updates pop-up in the app. Thing is, I dont get any message of any kind.

So... basically, I have a brick with proppelers... The most frustrating thing is... I'm 99% sure this is a software issue... And I can't understand how DJI Assistance can be so vague in something so "simple" and, apparently, common. Even if it it something serious or some part needs replacemen, why can't DJI say something about it? Why are the answers so vague or straight to "send to repair"?

yes we only want a '' we have a problem, apology for the inconvénients" you will receive a 200$ rebate for other futur dji products....
2023-4-21
Use props
djiuser_o9TefwsMpIFf
lvl.1

Germany

I‘m facing also the same problem..
Till a few weeks it works perfectly, after that i didn‘t flew until today,
I tried every step which was recommend but it doesnt work..
What should I have to do now?
2023-5-25
Use props
Koolada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 877999 ft
Germany

digicom1 Posted at 4-21 12:33
yes we only want a '' we have a problem, apology for the inconvénients" you will receive a 200$ rebate for other futur dji products....

You don't seriously think DJI will do this, right? They will fix it with all the other errors the Avata got, never. They just don't care about anything... Maybe they will release Motion controller 3 next week and send you a 50 Dollar coupon, new feature is it won't crash itself..

If they sent this too you would need to admit there's something wrong with it. I fear they really think its fine.

Right now at HQ:

this-is-fine_custom-dcb93e90c4e1548ffb16978a5a8d182270c872a9-s1100-c50.jpg
2023-5-25
Use props
djiuser_iMIQRNSEhHPg
lvl.1
Australia

Same problem.

Logo appears and everything else, just no camera feed.

Work around by switching broadcasting on and off or by changing from video to photo and back but the camera is cropped in about 80% (the speed and everything on the bottom is in black not overlaying the camera feed)

Any updates on this fix? My drone is 3 days old!
2023-6-18
Use props
djiuser_iMIQRNSEhHPg
lvl.1
Australia

djiuser_iMIQRNSEhHPg Posted at 6-18 05:26
Same problem.

Logo appears and everything else, just no camera feed.

Ok so I’ve fixed this for now by doing the following:

Plug-in in the Avata without battery into a PC and refresh the firmware with DVI Assistant 2

Plug in goggles 2 in to phone, it came up with an inconsistent firmware warning, updated and now it’s fixed and the camera feed is at 100% size.

After checking again, it seems the workaround can get the camera feed back but it’s stuck at 70% display scaling… Flyable, but yeah it’s not as good
2023-6-18
Use props
vriop
lvl.1
  • >>>
Taiwan

Saurav singh Posted at 1-10 02:38
I m aware of that.
The issue is there is no video in the googgles even when i wearing them.

same issue to me
2023-8-2
Use props
vriop
lvl.1
  • >>>
Taiwan

Saurav singh Posted at 1-16 18:42
wow same problem i have been facing since past two weeks.
this is definetley a firmware issue.....

agree   it could be firmware issue
2023-8-2
Use props
vriop
lvl.1
  • >>>
Taiwan

Saurav singh Posted at 2-4 21:45

DJI 我遇到一模一樣的問題   功能正常 但就是沒畫面  我才購買不到一週  這種體驗真的很糟   所有官方提出的建議都試過 都沒能成功 我擁有超過10樣你們家的產品  這是我體驗最差的一次    如果刷不了之前的固件 至少新固件能先讓我們更新  我看avatar 最新也停在3月份  之後購買你們的產品還是要三思
2023-8-2
Use props
vriop
lvl.1
  • >>>
Taiwan

I have the exact same problem with DJI and it works fine but there is no picture I bought it for less than a week and this experience is really bad. I have tried all the official suggestions and they didn't work. I have more than 10 samples of your products. This is mine. The worst experience ever. If you can’t flash the previous firmware, at least the new firmware can let us update first. I think the latest avatar has stopped after March. You still have to think twice before buying your products.
2023-8-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

vriop Posted at 8-2 07:55
I have the exact same problem with DJI and it works fine but there is no picture I bought it for less than a week and this experience is really bad. I have tried all the official suggestions and they didn't work. I have more than 10 samples of your products. This is mine. The worst experience ever. If you can’t flash the previous firmware, at least the new firmware can let us update first. I think the latest avatar has stopped after March. You still have to think twice before buying your products.

Hello, there vriop. I'm sorry for the experience. Have you already tried these steps?
1. Make sure the firmware version of the drone, remote controller, and Goggles is the latest version. You can try refreshing the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 by downloading it to your computer: https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series
2. Please restart all devices and relink the Goggles, remote controller, and drone.
3. Please connect the Goggles to the mobile device via a USB cable to check if there is image transmission in the DJI Fly App.
a)If yes, please enter the "Settings>About>Reset All" page to reset the Goggles and refresh the firmware.
b)If not, please Reset the Camera Parameters to have a try.
4. If the SD card is inserted into the drone, please remove it and try it again.
After doing the above TS, but it still can not work, we recommend sending your unit to our facility. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules