Smart controller
358 5 2023-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stasi1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi there, I appologise if this subject has already been listed. I have looked but not found the answers. Basically I'm very new to Drones and the smart controller RM500.I mistakenly updated via wifi the firmware for the controller. it appeared to complete. However since the update all i get on powering up the controller is the DJI logo flashing.. I have tries many variations of button actios to reset but none work. Any advice is welcome. Thank you.
2023-1-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, stasi1. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. The firmware might not be installed properly, please note that during the update, the smart controller might restart several times. Please try to refresh the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic software that you may download for free on this link:  (https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/smart-controller).
Here are the steps:
1. Connect your smart controller to a PC using a USB Type-C cable with the controller powered off.
2. Power on the remote controller.
3. Launch DJI Assistant 2, and log in using a DJI account.
4. Click GRC, and then the firmware update button on the left side.
5. Select and confirm the firmware version.
6. DJI Assistant 2 will download and update the firmware automatically.
7. The remote controller will restart after the update.
Notes:
• Make sure the remote controller has more than 50% power before updating.
• DO NOT disconnect the USB-C cable during the update.
• Make sure the remote controller or the computer is connected to the internet during the
update.
• The update takes approximately 15 minutes.

Hope this helps. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your support.
2023-1-7
Use props
djiuser_2JoXWyGLLHe6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1012736 ft
United States

I have a question related to this, does the download package go to the computer then install to the SC? Reason I ask is the controller wants to shut off after so many minutes of inactivity during the download. You'll get the usual 4 or 5 beeps then it wants to power off, battery is at 100%.
EDIT: Nevermind, I wasn't logged into my DJI account for the update to work properly, all set.
2023-1-8
Use props
fansad099a46
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-7 21:44
Hi, stasi1. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. The firmware might not be installed properly, please note that during the update, the smart controller might restart several times. Please try to refresh the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic software that you may download for free on this link:  (https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/smart-controller).
Here are the steps:
1. Connect your smart controller to a PC using a USB Type-C cable with the controller powered off.

Thank you for the guidance. Unfortunately when I plug the smart controller in via the USB C cable the DJI software doesn’t acknowledge that the smart controller has been connected via the USB. I have tried both on a windows and Mac. Both computers recognise other devices plugged in via usb c. It’s as if the controller is failing to output any signal ??
2023-1-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fansad099a46 Posted at 1-8 09:44
Thank you for the guidance. Unfortunately when I plug the smart controller in via the USB C cable the DJI software doesn’t acknowledge that the smart controller has been connected via the USB. I have tried both on a windows and Mac. Both computers recognise other devices plugged in via usb c. It’s as if the controller is failing to output any signal ??

Hi, fansad099a46. Thank you for the update. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in so that they can refresh the firmware for you or have a proper diagnosis.  You may submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. If you need assistance with creating a ticket, you may contact DJI support at https://www.dji.com/support. We understand that this is not the answer that you look forward to, but this would be the best thing to do in this situation. Your kind understanding is appreciated and thank you for your continued support.
2023-1-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_2JoXWyGLLHe6 Posted at 1-8 09:32
I have a question related to this, does the download package go to the computer then install to the SC? Reason I ask is the controller wants to shut off after so many minutes of inactivity during the download. You'll get the usual 4 or 5 beeps then it wants to power off, battery is at 100%.
EDIT: Nevermind, I wasn't logged into my DJI account for the update to work properly, all set.

Hello there. Sorry for the late response. We're glad that you already managed to isolate the issue that you experience and we appreciate you for sharing the way of fixing the said issue. Should you have other inquiries or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules