Smart Controller Iphone/Android connection?
5769 21 2023-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Antonov
lvl.3
Flight distance : 321857 ft
Finland

Hi

I am thinking of purchasing a Mini 3 pro, is it possoble to connect the smart controller to my iphone with a cable?

Thanks,
Flyingdodo

2023-1-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Thanks for your inquiry and interest. First, may we know if you are referring to DJI RC, DJI RC Pro or Smart Controller?  For DJI Mini3 Pro, currently, it only supports DJI RC, DJI RC Pro and RC-N1.
2023-1-7
Use props
Flyingdodo
lvl.3
Finland

DJI Wanda Posted at 1-7 19:38
Hello, there. Thanks for your inquiry and interest. First, may we know if you are referring to DJI RC, DJI RC Pro or Smart Controller?  For DJI Mini3 Pro, currently, it only supports DJI RC, DJI RC Pro and RC-N1.

Thanks for your reply. My question is the controller which has the screen (picture below) does it have a cable connection to mobile devices?
546250E5-215B-4B65-938F-859F809BC9C3.jpeg
2023-1-8
Use props
Flyingdodo
lvl.3
Finland

Below says Mini 3 pro isn’t supported with the RC controller!? This I would like to know!
Thanks
5320A4C4-F3F3-4B93-8742-16F6E20CA4B3.png
2023-1-8
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Flyingdodo Posted at 1-8 05:18
Below says Mini 3 pro isn’t supported with the RC controller!? This I would like to know!
Thanks

Thanks for your reply. DJI RC with a built-in screen so you don't need to connect to your phone to DJI RC and pair it with the aircraft. Only using DJI RC is enough for users to fly DJI Mini 3 Pro. May we know whether you want to use the cable to do anything else?
2023-1-8
Use props
Flyingdodo
lvl.3
Finland

Basically, the answer is no! I am wondering why!? I can get the basic controller I guess (less capable!?) is there a longer cable than 30cm available?

Yes, I want to use my ipad 11” as a screen where/when I can as my eye sight isn’t as good any more.

Thanks
2023-1-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Flyingdodo Posted at 1-8 07:05
Basically, the answer is no! I am wondering why!? I can get the basic controller I guess (less capable!?) is there a longer cable than 30cm available?

Yes, I want to use my ipad 11” as a screen where/when I can as my eye sight isn’t as good any more.

May I confirm if you mean you want to use DJI RC-N1 Remote Controller with an iPad to control DJI Mini 3 Pro? For the best user experience, we recommend that you use a dedicated DJI RC-N1 RC Cable to connect your mobile device. If you still want to try, you can also purchase another USB cable for use.
2023-1-9
Use props
Flyingdodo
lvl.3
Finland

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-9 00:28
May I confirm if you mean you want to use DJI RC-N1 Remote Controller with an iPad to control DJI Mini 3 Pro? For the best user experience, we recommend that you use a dedicated DJI RC-N1 RC Cable to connect your mobile device. If you still want to try, you can also purchase another USB cable for use.

Hi

No I would like to use the RC Controller (one with a screen).

Thanks!
2023-1-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Flyingdodo Posted at 1-9 02:49
Hi

No I would like to use the RC Controller (one with a screen).

Sorry to tell you that there is no HDMI output port on DJI RC, so it is not possible to use an HDMI cable to connect the DJI RC and third-party display to copy the screen from the DJI RC to the display. Thanks for your understanding.
2023-1-9
Use props
Flyingdodo
lvl.3
Finland

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-9 04:30
Sorry to tell you that there is no HDMI output port on DJI RC, so it is not possible to use an HDMI cable to connect the DJI RC and third-party display to copy the screen from the DJI RC to the display. Thanks for your understanding.

Hi,

Thanks for letting me know. Is there any usb-c connection to ipad or android!?

Thanks
2023-1-9
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Flyingdodo Posted at 1-9 05:29
Hi,

Thanks for letting me know. Is there any usb-c connection to ipad or android!?

As we mentioned above. If you would like to connect your iPad or mobile device to the remote controller to control the aircraft, you may choose the RC-N1 controller. There is only one USB-C port at the bottom of the DJI RC. which is used for charging and connecting the remote controller to your computer. You may refer to the User Manual (P.5 ):
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _Manual_v1.0_en.pdf
2023-1-10
Use props
Flyingdodo
lvl.3
Finland

Thank you
2023-1-11
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

You are most welcome.
2023-1-11
Use props
Can Burçin Şahin
New
Flight distance : 518120 ft
Turkey

Hi, I hade dji mini 2 before and now I have dji mini 3 pro with screen controller.
When I take asteroid quick shots, it doesn't show me the option for creating auto asteroid film with music and so on.
I need to download to my phone from the controller the original film but still can't see the create option in my phone.
I already deleted my mini 2 from my devices in the phone app but still the same.
And with the screen controller, I can't connect my phone to see mini 3 pro in my device list.
So at the moment It's no use for me this quick shots with fast auto edit.
What to do?
Please advise?
Regards
Can
2023-7-6
Use props
Can Burçin Şahin
New
Flight distance : 518120 ft
Turkey

Hi, I hade dji mini 2 before and now I have dji mini 3 pro with screen controller.
When I take asteroid quick shots, it doesn't show me the option for creating auto asteroid film with music and so on.
I need to download to my phone from the controller the original film but still can't see the create option in my phone.
I already deleted my mini 2 from my devices in the phone app but still the same.
And with the screen controller, I can't connect my phone to see mini 3 pro in my device list.
So at the moment It's no use for me this quick shots with fast auto edit.
What to do?
Please advise?
Regards
Can
Screenshot_20230707_104902_dji.go.v5_edit_458475248475350.jpg
2023-7-6
Use props
teamwang
lvl.1
China

Can Burçin Şahin Posted at 7-6 23:52
When I take asteroid quick shots, it doesn't show me the option for creating auto asteroid film with music and so on.

Personally, I think maybe it is because of the firmware version. It seems like after updating to v01.00.0400, the mini 3 pro will not support the Quick Shots of the Asteroid.

2023-7-7
Use props
djiuser_b6wxxcIEtoJn
New

Jamaica

Good day
I have a dji mavic 3 classic and also a dji rc controller is there a way to connect the rc to a mobile phone so that I can open the dji fly app to create a live stream because it is not possible with just the rc
3-26 08:24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_b6wxxcIEtoJn Posted at 3-26 08:24
Good day
I have a dji mavic 3 classic and also a dji rc controller is there a way to connect the rc to a mobile phone so that I can open the dji fly app to create a live stream because it is not possible with just the rc

Hi there, we are sorry to tell you that DJI RC cannot be connected to an external mobile phone to obtain image transmission. DJI RC is designed for fast and convenient drone connection in order to have easy flights. Therefore, RC is not compatible with functions such as Livestream, HDMI, and third-party Apps installation. Thanks for your understanding.
However, rest assured that we will submit your feedback to our engineers for further optimization on the product functions.
3-26 23:32
Use props
Flyingdodo
lvl.3
Finland

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-26 23:32
Hi there, we are sorry to tell you that DJI RC cannot be connected to an external mobile phone to obtain image transmission. DJI RC is designed for fast and convenient drone connection in order to have easy flights. Therefore, RC is not compatible with functions such as Livestream, HDMI, and third-party Apps installation. Thanks for your understanding.
However, rest assured that we will submit your feedback to our engineers for further optimization on the product functions.

This is the reason, I didn't buy the drone I wanted. I think the option of having to be able to use your phone as a display was best previously. Thanks!
3-27 00:06
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Flyingdodo Posted at 3-27 00:06
This is the reason, I didn't buy the drone I wanted. I think the option of having to be able to use your phone as a display was best previously. Thanks!

We are sorry that this function is not supported. But we will forward your feedback to our engineer. Your valuable opinion will be taken into account in subsequent product optimizations. Thanks for your understanding.
3-27 01:10
Use props
Flyingdodo
lvl.3
Finland

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-27 01:10
We are sorry that this function is not supported. But we will forward your feedback to our engineer. Your valuable opinion will be taken into account in subsequent product optimizations. Thanks for your understanding.

Thank you.
3-27 05:18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

You're welcome. Should you have any further inquiries, please feel free to contact us.
3-28 01:10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules