Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-25 02:32
Hi, there. We're sorry for the trouble that you experienced. To ensure flight safety, the FlySafe Database will be updated from time to time, which requires users to connect to the Internet. Thus, a prompt for account login is displayed to remind users to connect to the network. As for the DJI Fly app, If you don't connect to the network for one month, the DJI Fly App will be logged out automatically after one month, and re-login is required. We encourage you to connect your DJI RC to your home network once every month to avoid inconvenience. I hope this information helps. Thank you for your support.

Gamora perhaps you can clarify something in the post I have quoted.
With regards to
''As for the DJI Fly app, If you don't connect to the network for one  month, the DJI Fly App will be logged out automatically after one month,  and re-login is required.''
WITHOUT the fly app running, is it sufficient to have the screen device connect to the internet ?
Or, MUST the app be running during this connection ?

I do not  know if the applicable smart controllers automatically boot the  FLY app when those controllers are themselves booted but certainly I can have a phone connected to the internet without, supposedly, having the FLY app running .

It has been found that there is a folder in the FLY app file system that is called  ''web-login'', using a Windows computer its PATH is
Computer/phone_name/Phone/Android/Data/file/LOGS/CACHE/web-login,
What do the logs within this folder record and how may we interpret their contents ?

It has also been found that DJI Pilot seemingly records when the pilot/Go app is connected to the internet. This is recorded in plain language in various logs.
I am left wondering why DJI have seemingly done away with the relevant folder in the FLY app ?
Assuming ''web-login'' is meant to be an equivalent, why  are the files/logs that ''web-login'' contains are written in meaningless text ?

If those files simply record when the app is connected to the internet I see no reason to consider that information a secret and disguise the data.

1-25 03:23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Burt37 Posted at 1-25 02:53
Now would it be great if you did advertise this "wonderful feature" either on the retail box or in your website????

I wonder if the warning would stop people from wasting money on DJI crippled products...

Thank you for your feedback and sorry if this logic hasn't been mentioned in our manuals. Rest assured that we've taken your feedback seriously.
1-29 01:47
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-25 03:23
Gamora perhaps you can clarify something in the post I have quoted.
With regards to
''As for the DJI Fly app, If you don't connect to the network for one  month, the DJI Fly App will be logged out automatically after one month,  and re-login is required.''

Hello, there. Thank you for reaching out. As the Flysafe database needs to be scanned when the network is available, it's necessary to connect the mobile device to the network while the DJI Fly app is running. However, as for the built-in screen, you just need to simply connect it via Wi-Fi as the app is integrated. Furthermore, we will verify the paths that you've mentioned for further checking. We will keep you posted as soon as we receive the latest feedback.
1-29 01:56
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-29 01:47
Thank you for your feedback and sorry if this logic hasn't been mentioned in our manuals. Rest assured that we've taken your feedback seriously.

If this was logic, we wouldn't have this conversation...

But I'm glad you finally admitted, on DJI behalf, that you need network coverage to operate your product.

As it stands, DJI products are not operable in remote areas in the world that do lack of network coverage!

I hope other paying customers are taking note of this feature as well...
1-29 02:52
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-29 01:56
Hello, there. Thank you for reaching out. As the Flysafe database needs to be scanned when the network is available, it's necessary to connect the mobile device to the network while the DJI Fly app is running. However, as for the built-in screen, you just need to simply connect it via Wi-Fi as the app is integrated. Furthermore, we will verify the paths that you've mentioned for further checking. We will keep you posted as soon as we receive the latest feedback.

Thanks Gamora.
1-29 03:50
Use props
fanseaf7ea32
New

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-29 01:56

The time period between logins is VARIABLE not one month. This is totally unacceptable and has been a problem for several years now. It would seem that DJI have zero interest in fixing this issue for the their customers who have laid down thousands of dollars for their products.  disgusting
1-31 11:15
Use props
fanseaf7ea32
New

United States

For anyone experiencing frustration with this issue I would urge you to raise the issue with DJI support and ask to send an official complaint to the senior engineering team. Hopefully, through sheer numbers, we can get this totally unacceptable issue resolved. I don't mind logging in once but I cant risk it needing to log in while I'm in remote locations for more than a month at a time.
1-31 11:20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Burt37 Posted at 1-29 02:52
If this was logic, we wouldn't have this conversation...

But I'm glad you finally admitted, on DJI behalf, that you need network coverage to operate your product.

Thank you for your response. We'll respect what you take on this phenomenon, however, rest assured that all the feedback is being forwarded for consideration. Please feel free to reach us if you have further concerns.
2-1 23:13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

You're most welcome. Rest assured that the latest information will be forwarded. We appreciate your patience.
2-1 23:14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fanseaf7ea32 Posted at 1-31 11:15
The time period between logins is VARIABLE not one month. This is totally unacceptable and has been a problem for several years now. It would seem that DJI have zero interest in fixing this issue for the their customers who have laid down thousands of dollars for their products.  disgusting

Hi, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Rest assured that we're continuously communicating with our relevant team regarding this phenomenon.
2-1 23:17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Please be advised that I've sent you a direct message regarding the update on your query. You may check the latest information and keep us posted if you have further queries. I appreciate your patience.
2-5 03:11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fanseaf7ea32 Posted at 1-31 11:20
For anyone experiencing frustration with this issue I would urge you to raise the issue with DJI support and ask to send an official complaint to the senior engineering team. Hopefully, through sheer numbers, we can get this totally unacceptable issue resolved. I don't mind logging in once but I cant risk it needing to log in while I'm in remote locations for more than a month at a time.

Hello, there. We've checked this phenomenon further with our relevant team. Please refer to the details below:

The DJI Fly app account may automatically log out under the following circumstances:

1. In DJI Fly 1.12.4 and later versions, an account remains in the login state for 90 days after the login even if the app is disconnected from the network, and a reminder will be pushed before the login expires.

Note: Your login will expire in %@ days. Login again is required after expiration. Flight altitude and distance limits may apply if not logged in. Connect to a network and update account info in time to keep using an app.

2. If the device is connected to an abnormal network, such as an open Wi-Fi, it needs to redirect to the login page, an expiration of the login will be triggered, and it is required to reconnect to a normal network to log in again.

3. When one device logs out of the account, the other devices logged in with the same account will automatically log out by default if multiple devices are logged in simultaneously. This is a common scenario; for instance, if a user's phone and a remote controller with a built-in screen are both logged in and the phone logs out, the remote controller will automatically log out when it is connected to the internet.

I hope this provides clarifications regarding this phenomenon. Thank you for your support.
2-5 03:17
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I wonder if  "2. If the device is connected to an abnormal network, such as an open Wi-Fi, it needs to redirect to the login page, an expiration of the login will be triggered, and it is required to reconnect to a normal network to log in again. "  is the cause of the problem for many people.
2-5 07:04
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 2-5 07:04
I wonder if  "2. If the device is connected to an abnormal network, such as an open Wi-Fi, it needs to redirect to the login page, an expiration of the login will be triggered, and it is required to reconnect to a normal network to log in again. "  is the cause of the problem for many people.

And by the same "multiple devices" stipulation, I'm wondering if you have a least one device connect to a "normal" network does it prevent you from being logged out automatically just because one device connects to an abnormal network.
2-5 07:57
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 2-5 07:57
And by the same "multiple devices" stipulation, I'm wondering if you have a least one device connect to a "normal" network does it prevent you from being logged out automatically just because one device connects to an abnormal network.

It is my experience that ANY log out will trigger subsequent logs outs on ALL devices that are using that DJI account for the FLY app.  I can see sense in this.

I haven't noticed or checked if a log out in FLY affects Go and Go4 nor have I checked if a log out in either or both Go and Go4 affects FLY.
My Go, Go4 a,d FLY all log in to the same DJI account.
2-5 08:04
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 2-5 08:04
It is my experience that ANY log out will trigger subsequent logs outs on ALL devices that are using that DJI account for the FLY app.  I can see sense in this.

I haven't noticed or checked if a log out in FLY affects Go and Go4 nor have I checked if a log out in either or both Go and Go4 affects FLY.

Sure, I can see that happening.  You log out of one device, all your devices should log off.  You gave the command.

But it's a bug IMO if a device logs out because of an "abnormal" wifi connection just like I would consider it a bug if you uninstalled the app from one device and then it uninstalls everywhere.  So maybe that's the bug they can fix, don't log someone off in the field just because another instance has suffered a log off due to "abnormal" wifi.

So while I'm not sure if this is happening, perhaps it is the cause for some of these "premature" log outs.
2-5 13:56
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 2-5 13:56
Sure, I can see that happening.  You log out of one device, all your devices should log off.  You gave the command.

But it's a bug IMO if a device logs out because of an "abnormal" wifi connection just like I would consider it a bug if you uninstalled the app from one device and then it uninstalls everywhere.  So maybe that's the bug they can fix, don't log someone off in the field just because another instance has suffered a log off due to "abnormal" wifi.

"But it's a bug IMO if a device logs out because of an "abnormal" wifi connection just like I would consider it a bug if you uninstalled the app from one device and then it uninstalls everywhere. "
Sorry but I disagree that logging all the devices out if one is logged out, is a bug.

But you likely have the means to test this at hand.
Log into the same account on two phones, leave one at home connected to wifi, take the other to a store, connect to public wifi and log out, come back home and check the second phone, there no need for speculation as to what will happen, just test it and see.
2-5 14:53
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 2-5 14:53
"But it's a bug IMO if a device logs out because of an "abnormal" wifi connection just like I would consider it a bug if you uninstalled the app from one device and then it uninstalls everywhere. "
Sorry but I disagree that logging all the devices out if one is logged out, is a bug.

Yeah, that's not a bug.  But that's not the scenario I was describing.

Think:  Automatic logging out, not user-initiated logout.

But I could be wrong, maybe DJI doesn't know any better and fully intends it to work that way.  They should fix it.  Imagine if you drive around town with you mobile phone and your Gmail connected to Starbucks and you are forced to login and when you come home, all your Gmail accounts are logged off on your phones and computers.

Go to Starbucks and press the Gmail logoff button, all your accounts in the universe should log off.  Not a problem.
Go to Starbucks and simply connect to the Starbucks network and it doesn't recognize your Gmail and so it knock off your email on your phone without your consent and forces you to log into the Gmail account again on your phone, fine; but please don't log off my other 50 devices at home/work still connected on friendly networks.

Maybe the DJI apps works that way.  I call it a bug because....nobody else does it that way.

Some pilots are apparently have issues with being logged off against their will.  They have not willingly logging off themselves, it is being done automatically.  If it happened to me without my consent, I would be frustrated as well.  I'm calling it a bug because some people it is happening to and some people it isn't happening to.  Until someone can come up with a clear explanation why, wouldn't you call that buggy?  If DJI says this is what will happen to you...and it doesn't happen to me, that would be a [positive] bug, no?
2-5 16:58
Use props
NSMTim
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Tony Posted at 2023-9-26 02:59
Hello there. For the DJI Fly app, If you don't connect to the network for one month, the DJI Fly App will be logged out automatically after one month, and a re-login is required. Have a great day ahead.

The main reason why this happens is so that the user is forced to connect to the internet so that DJI can collect the data from their drone. By doing this, DJI seems not to care about their customers use, nor what they are using their drone for. This is an issue that can easily be fixed by reprogramming this "option", but with the length of this issue, I don't see it happing.  
This issue has costed me as well. Being an social influencer with months at a time being offgrid, "signing in" is NOT AN OPTION as I do not, and cannot get any network nor internet service. if this prosist's then it may be time to look for another compony to purchase drones as this issue is making the DJI products unreliable...
Anyone suggest another drone company?
3-22 07:00
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

NSMTim Posted at 3-22 07:00
The main reason why this happens is so that the user is forced to connect to the internet so that DJI can collect the data from their drone. By doing this, DJI seems not to care about their customers use, nor what they are using their drone for. This is an issue that can easily be fixed by reprogramming this "option", but with the length of this issue, I don't see it happing.  
This issue has costed me as well. Being an social influencer with months at a time being offgrid, "signing in" is NOT AN OPTION as I do not, and cannot get any network nor internet service. if this prosist's then it may be time to look for another compony to purchase drones as this issue is making the DJI products unreliable...
Anyone suggest another drone company?

Hello. I apologize if your experience with DJI did not meet your expectations. However, I want to assure you that DJI prioritizes flight safety. To achieve this, DJI maintains a FlySafe Database, which contains important information such as no-fly zones and airspace restrictions. This database is periodically updated to ensure that drone pilots have the most accurate and up-to-date information. However, we cannot confirm users' Internet connectivity or whether they have updated to the latest database. Therefore, we have implemented a system that logs users out of their accounts and prompts them to manually log in to receive notifications about database updates. This approach ensures that all users have access to the most current and accurate information regarding flight safety. Rest assured we are actively submitting your feedback to the relevant team to handle. Thank you for your patience.
3-23 03:26
Use props
Andres Moya
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1334780 ft
United States

Dear @DJI Gamora.

On DJI RC control. How do I log out, so that I can login again. I want to do it before going to remote areas for few days.
If it decide to expire it is hard cancel the camping, wrap the camp and drive entire day to get internet. Or at least can I see some count down indicator so it won't take me by surprise?
4-21 15:22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Andres Moya Posted at 4-21 15:22
Dear @DJI Gamora.

On DJI RC control. How do I log out, so that I can login again. I want to do it before going to remote areas for few days.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. To log out of DJI Fly app on your DJI RC you need to open first the DJI Fly app then go to Profile > Settings > Logout (You may refer to the images below). Furthermore, please note that in DJI Fly app in v1.12.4 and later versions, an account remains in the login state for 90 days after the login even if the app is disconnected from the network, and a reminder will be pushed before the login expires.

Note: Within 7 days of expiration, the APP will remind once a day if the conditions are met; Condition: During the 90-day period, the APP is not connected to the Internet

4-22 04:14
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 6406329 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Andres Moya Posted at 4-21 15:22
Dear @DJI Gamora.

There is no need to log out of your account, just connect to the network and synchronize, the account will start again at 90 days.
4-22 08:22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules