DJI Flysafe US Zone Unlock Failure
1089 5 2023-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aa7oo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 342923 ft
United States

Appears there is something new or broken with DJI Flysafe Geo Zone Unlock Requests. I've been trying to unlock a GEO Zone within a Airport Altitude Zone ... I have requested this identical zone unlock many time successfully, received the unlock license, uploaded to drone and all is good to fly. Last time was in Dec of 2022, 3 weeks ago. Request today is now requiring something new,  a "file" to be uploaded. This has never been required in the past. I tried uploading the US FAA LAANC Authorization Approved text message as a .pdf file, clicked upload, and then Submit, and request returns a Failed message. New request still requires a file be uploaded of some kind.
The "Failed" message has no ID or Code Number to give hint on what Failed.

What file is now being required by DJI to open Airport Altitude Zone?

This is in an area with several airports and of course there are several overlapping Altitude Zones. I've managed with great difficulty, to include 4 relative altitude zones into the request, with the same requirement to upload a file, upload my FAA remote pilot license and LAANC authorization, click Submit and Flysafe returns a "Failed" message.

I've reset my account, logged out, logged in, and new request follows the same failure result.

2023-1-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we have a screenshot of the message and your DJI Account?
2023-1-7
Use props
aa7oo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 342923 ft
United States

Thanks for replying Wanda. I have resolved the problem with DJI FlySafe Support. The problem was selecting the correct zone on the Map. Each airport has 3 Zones, Restricted, Authorization, and Altitude. My past unlock request did use Authorization Zone, but when selecting on the Map, it defaulted to Altitude. In order for me to actually select Authorization, I must zoom in on the map until the gray Altitude zone is not visiable, and then click on the Authorization area of map. At that zoom view I can also actually select Restricted, which I don't wish to do. I tried this on other airport areas on the map and can either duplicate my problem, or zoom in closer and then able to select Authorization.  Works! Thank You for responding.
2023-1-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

aa7oo Posted at 1-8 16:29
Thanks for replying Wanda. I have resolved the problem with DJI FlySafe Support. The problem was selecting the correct zone on the Map. Each airport has 3 Zones, Restricted, Authorization, and Altitude. My past unlock request did use Authorization Zone, but when selecting on the Map, it defaulted to Altitude. In order for me to actually select Authorization, I must zoom in on the map until the gray Altitude zone is not visiable, and then click on the Authorization area of map. At that zoom view I can also actually select Restricted, which I don't wish to do. I tried this on other airport areas on the map and can either duplicate my problem, or zoom in closer and then able to select Authorization.  Works! Thank You for responding.

Thanks for the update. Glad to know the problem is solved. Thanks for sharing the details here. If there is anything else we can help you with, please feel free to contact us.
2023-1-8
Use props
djiuser_2GmxjhQSsQcI
New

United States

Hi, There is a problem on the dji website that wont allow me to click on "NEXT" after choosing the region. Anyone know how to solve this?
2-12 23:38
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. Please also choose your identity, then you could go Next. Please try, thanks.
2-13 00:31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules