Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Bad autofocus
910 7 2023-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd8781149
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31145 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Another problem with this camera. This is autofocus. I noticed that the picture in the video is a bit out of focus. After the Sony camera, I did not like the sharpness. When I profiled the autofocus does not work clearly. With manual adjustment, everything is clear. slightly out of focus after switching to auto mode. I did auto and manual calibration many times. nothing helped. I use a lens Zeiss Batis 18 and 40 mm fix. Do you have same problem ????
2023-1-7
Use props
Ford4D
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7608 ft

United States

Did you get the lenses used? I have the same two Zeiss Batis lenses.

The first 18mm I got had problems and needed to be returned. They are notorious for that. It would make loud sounds when focusing.

I've read about the 40 mm sometimes having problems. Especially if you haven't updated the firmware yet. You'll need a DSLR that takes E mount lenses to update it (or borrow a friend's, which is what I did).

On the Ronin 4D side: Before updating the firmware, I noticed that I had problems with the manual calibration VS auto calibration when it came to using autofocus with each. Particularly on the 40mm. It handles close focus differently than it handles medium to longer distances. (Also, make sure you have the switch on the lens set to full range).

I recommend downgrading the firmware, and then upgrading it again. That has helped people with issues related to image noise, for example. After upgrading and confirming image performance is good, I'd delete all your profiles, delete all your lens calibrations (both auto and manual), redo all the lens calibrations, make sure you have all the lens calibrations you'll need, and only THEN making new profiles.

Because I've found that when I load up a profile, it will have all the lens calibrations I did when I saved that profile. Including lenses I don't have anymore or bad lens calibrations I deleted.
2023-1-9
Use props
fansd8781149
lvl.3
  • >>>
Russia

Ford4D Posted at 1-9 09:18

The first 18mm I got had problems and needed to be returned. They are notorious for that. It would make loud sounds when focusing.

Thank you very match for reply. I have no problem with lens with sony FX 3. The problem happened after firmware update. Also too many noise on native ISO also. I will try downgrade.
2023-1-9
Use props
fansd8781149
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Ford4D Posted at 1-9 09:18

Oh my God. I did everything as you said. And a miracle happened. The 40mm lens has never been better. I thought the camera was very bad. I suffered with her for three months. Now, finally, all problems are solved. I will sell my Sony
2023-1-10
Use props
Ford4D
lvl.3

United States

fansd8781149 Posted at 1-10 03:06
Oh my God. I did everything as you said. And a miracle happened. The 40mm lens has never been better. I thought the camera was very bad. I suffered with her for three months. Now, finally, all problems are solved. I will sell my Sony

Wow! I'm so happy that I was able to help you!!

Yeah, the Ronin 4D can be a bit finicky at times because it's a brand new platform and thus the software is still going through its early stages of user bug reporting and de-bugging.
2023-1-11
Use props
drip_alex
lvl.1

United States

fansd8781149 Posted at 1-10 03:06

Shoot. I gotta do this now... I've been having the same focusing issues. Sounds like such a pain, though!
2023-1-13
Use props
Ford4D
lvl.3

United States

drip_alex Posted at 1-13 21:36
Shoot. I gotta do this now... I've been having the same focusing issues. Sounds like such a pain, though!

I'm hoping that I don't have to do this all over again when I update to the latest firmware. We'll see!!
2023-1-14
Use props
MarshallZhang
New

United States

Hi, did the newest firmware update fix your issue? Thanks in advance.
2023-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules