Mavic Air 2 bricked after attempting to upgrade firmware (January 2023)
2818 10 2023-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_qscdTkS8oBvA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 435112 ft

South Africa

I attempted to update firmware on my Mavic Air 2 and were unsuccessfully. I attempted the following;

DJI Fly only loads till 87%
-Restarted device, app and controller
- still not able to install
-Cleared app, controler and aircraft cache

DJI assistant 2 only loads till 57%
- Installed and reinstalled the assistant
-  Used different cables
-Cleared all photos and videos from the drone memory
- Deactivated Anti Virus

Drone is now unable to fly, I first got ESC error and now takeoff failed restart aircraft.

I already depleted 4 batteries attempting to do the update. There are no options to downgrade to previous versions and the drone is not able to fly as is.

2023-1-8
Use props
dddji
lvl.2

Germany

Hello again………

Oh men ............. and it killed another Mavic Air 2.
(check out the other forums, it's been like this for about 10 days)

Actually, I didn't want to say anything more about it because it doesn't help here anyway, but I have to say it to all the clever advisors of the Adminis and First Captain Officer Special Forces here.
Please stop blaming all friends here for update handling errors and advice that I don't think will help here.
Believe us, we have tried all possible variants of Assistance/Assistance 2, Android, IOS, PCs, Tablets and Mobiles!!! Any drone owner will be able to install a ridiculous firmware update on a toy drone without an additional astrophysics degree and PhD. A firmware update should actually be this user-friendly.

We can try whatever we want here, it doesn't help, …………… and why?

DJI has released buggy firmware and only DJI can fix it, that's a fact!
DJI hasn't admitted a fault to this day, although MA2 drones are dying like flies here!
To date, despite massive calls for help, DJI has not provided any help!
DJI didn't apologize for the buggy firmware!
DJI doesn't care that we users have a problem!

During a phone call I had with a DJI service representative yesterday, I was told that the problem was not known. When I told him to please read the customer comments on the forums that there had been massive drone failures since the firmware was launched, the rep said... "DJI doesn't care what's on the forums because it's just incompetent people posting their comments."

From this point on, I asked myself whether "DJI" was still the right manufacturer for me...!?!?!

As a solution, the employee said that I should please send the Mavic Air 2 in for inspection.
There's no way I'm going to do that! I certainly won't sacrifice my drone for troubleshooting. DJI definitely has to do that itself. DJI destroyed the drone with broken online firmware, so DJI should also make working firmware available online again!
Guys, don't send your drones to DJI.!!! ....although ..... maybe we can then also take over the transport and repair costs that are not our fault. Cool.

I no longer feel welcome at DJI.........

Greetings DD

If your Mavic Air 2 drones are still working, please take note!
Never use firmware v01.01.1200!!!
Automatic updates in the Fly APP: DISABLE

......only then do you have a chance to continue using the drone, and this WARNING should come from DJI, and if I helped one or the other MA2 pilot with it, I would be very happy.
2023-1-8
Use props
djiuser_W35CEhrwsRM1
lvl.1

India

dddji Posted at 1-8 07:13
Hello again………

Oh men ............. and it killed another Mavic Air 2.

Hello...
If got any solution on above please suggest me also..
2023-1-10
Use props
djiuser_cmC9jR0a4AKu
lvl.1

Georgia

same for me. I took it to local technician, they contacted DJI technicians and they said that they will release new firmware version which will solve this issue. Waiting for this release. DJI support did nothing useful for me.
2023-1-18
Use props
djiuser_gtqc7QZ1MQL2
New

United States

My DJI Mavic Air 2 refuses to connect to the app. I cannot fly it, I cannot even check for any firmware updates. Tried downloading DJI Assistant 2 into my Mac, what a nightmare. My $1,000 drone went out of warranty less than 2 months ago and is now an oversized paperweight. Fantastic. Thanks DJI, I’ll never buy another one of your products again.
2023-1-27
Use props
djiuser_W35CEhrwsRM1
lvl.1

India

djiuser_W35CEhrwsRM1 Posted at 1-10 08:57
Hello...
If got any solution on above please suggest me also..

New version of firmware v01.01.1300 also getting stop after 78%
2023-1-31
Use props
djiuser_pgcW3SdPZLkM
New

Poland

Has this update also provided anyone of You with several log bug codes unable to take off after update GPS Gimbal and IMU errors at the same time
20230609_214859.jpg
2023-6-9
Use props
djiuser_UoOyBu9zmpnK
New

Ireland

djiuser_pgcW3SdPZLkM Posted at 6-9 15:25
Has this update also provided anyone of You with several log bug codes unable to take off after update GPS Gimbal and IMU errors at the same time

This is exactly what happened to me.. Is there a fix soon?
2023-6-14
Use props
djiuser_UoOyBu9zmpnK
New

Ireland

djiuser_pgcW3SdPZLkM Posted at 6-9 15:25

tis is exactly what happened to me.. Multiple errors
2023-6-14
Use props
Sarbland
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1001827 ft
Pakistan

Surprisingly no solution by DJI. I'm not updating my firmware to MA2 anymore. But try this solution posted outside DJI if the firmware upgrade bricked your drone.

https://dronedj.com/2023/01/18/dji-air-2-firmware-error/
2023-6-26
Use props
fans2d826a41
New

Australia

My DJI mini 2 also got bricked after the update and now they are asking me for $150 to fix the issue. VERY DISAPOINTED I expected more from DJI.
2023-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules