Before buying, questions
12Next >
1374 49 2023-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bonobox
lvl.1

Austria

1 is there any automatic gain correction done by the camera on the internal microphone as well as external microphone? I'm using for motorcycle and the volume levels can jump significantly

2 is the out of focus finally fixed properly or are they still relaying on software sharpening/filters?

Thanks
2023-1-8
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

2023-1-8
Use props
bonobox
lvl.1

Austria

Fishycomics Posted at 1-8 06:08
https://youtu.be/8aHY4pdohXM

Thank you
yes I know about trrs and trs microphones
So you can set the gain manually but is the camera reducing it if it is necessary (i.e you are shouting too loud or there is too much wind noise)?
2023-1-8
Use props
JustName
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1420705 ft
  • >>>
Germany

The focus issue is easy fixable...

2023-1-8
Use props
skysailor64
Second Officer
United States

I can answer one of those questions.  I just sent back a third OA3 due to the focus issue.  First two were 2022/09 and last one was 2022/10.  I'm waiting another month or two before ordering again in hopes I'll get a good one.
2023-1-8
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

bonobox Posted at 1-8 06:20
Thank you
yes I know about trrs and trs microphones
So you can set the gain manually but is the camera reducing it if it is necessary (i.e you are shouting too loud or there is too much wind noise)?

to answer the question at hand. you can only set up prior to recording,  not during. as Justname answers your other. J the parameters were corrected by DJI but not on older version YIM dates 11/2022 and up are the ones you may want to get and no one knows that answer till DJI comes forward.
2023-1-8
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I think if you look around this forum particularly at those who have attempted a DIY solution you will find almost no examples of a single one without problems , in fact the very few examples show a complete failure. But I think if you look at other videos posted on this forum of real world shooting since last FW update you will see huge improvements this is also born out by others on you tube etc. The A3 is turning out to be a really good tool for shooting video and IMO is now the best DJI Action camera.
2023-1-8
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hallmark007 Posted at 1-8 07:49
I think if you look around this forum particularly at those who have attempted a DIY solution you will find almost no examples of a single one without problems , in fact the very few examples show a complete failure. But I think if you look at other videos posted on this forum of real world shooting since last FW update you will see huge improvements this is also born out by others on you tube etc. The A3 is turning out to be a really good tool for shooting video and IMO is now the best DJI Action camera.

I agree. Just buy one and use it. If you look for problems you will find some but that is just a very sad way to live ones life in my view
2023-1-8
Use props
m326
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I'm assuming this is an earlier model of camera - but it may be worth watching as it deals with agc
2023-1-8
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Just  remember the  A3 no longer needs the CYNOVA. if you require to drop the gain while recording get a gain control cable.
2023-1-8
Use props
bonobox
lvl.1

Austria

Hallmark007 Posted at 1-8 07:49
I think if you look around this forum particularly at those who have attempted a DIY solution you will find almost no examples of a single one without problems , in fact the very few examples show a complete failure. But I think if you look at other videos posted on this forum of real world shooting since last FW update you will see huge improvements this is also born out by others on you tube etc. The A3 is turning out to be a really good tool for shooting video and IMO is now the best DJI Action camera.

Honestly from all the video I saw on YT, even after firmware update the image is still odd.  That's why I checked the form to see if dji has explained what was going on
2023-1-11
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI went with a wider Fisheye lens and software, may not be  what we want and causes warping/layering and when low light starts  pushing in you  can see that quite clear.  even using dewarp.  not a fan of it  been that way on Fisheye lenses for years.
2023-1-11
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

bonobox Posted at 1-11 07:40
Honestly from all the video I saw on YT, even after firmware update the image is still odd.  That's why I checked the form to see if dji has explained what was going on

This has been one of the biggest topics in this forum area.. Some don’t find it an issue while others are really bothered by it.

Although the A3 is a great camera for the price, for me, the image is paramount no matter what lens they chose to use. I do find the fov a little too wide for what I want as well quite often. I’m not really interested in why there is edge distortion due to lens etc.

For me, the biggest difficulties have been close focus (well, closer focus) being slightly soft. Lack of detail in small stuff, fov being a bit too wide and distorting how people can look, and dynamic range being a little limited in tricky lighting.

What I love about it is its useability and ease of use. It’s a reliable camera. Good stabilisation and produces great colour. Actually, internal sound isn’t bad either.

So I feel that it is a better camera for people who want that ease of use but aren’t so worried by what I feel are its negatives. In any case, my needs are perhaps different from others so we all see different things in the same gear!

I think it sells at a good price for what you get and that is attractive to a lot of people not wanting to fork out on a GoPro.
2023-1-11
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Agree with Lancraig10

I am not trying to say right or wrong, here is a video I just did livestreaming  with he webcam and the wide  view of the camera Lancraig  said  small objects, this is a small object enjoy the view

love the camera  perfect for my needs
2023-1-11
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I fly RC helicopters, Fish. But I do have a mini little quad from years ago that flies like a rocket. I can’t remember it’s name and it isn’t marked, but it is SO fast! Just remembered - a Hubsan X4. Tiny little thing.

Makes exactly same sound as the one you're showing ..... like a mosquito!

As far as small objects are concerned, I mean say, leaves in the background that can look smudgy. Almost like they're painted.
2023-1-11
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

yes i knew you meant fine detail Lol  anything in front of a Action camera lens today  is detailed and ,  everything will look distant...

Hubson yep I remember them.     into the rc hobby but  can not afford every one Lol.. as for Before buying. our suggestion is if not happy ,makesure who you buy from has a great return policy... any questions you guys have we're here to help.

2023-1-11
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

bonobox Posted at 1-11 07:40
Honestly from all the video I saw on YT, even after firmware update the image is still odd.  That's why I checked the form to see if dji has explained what was going on

DJI have explained in many posts, both what’s going on and what camera and lens was designed for. It would probably be hugely detrimental to design an action camera and lens that wouldn’t first be suited to what it advertised “Action” the fact its wide was probably as a result of DJI customers complaining that earlier action cameras where not wide enough. but if you’re looking for something specific like a vlogging camera they’re many more suitable cameras on the market even if you are looking for something general then this is likely a bad choice. But I don’t believe it has focus issues , certainly mine doesn’t. Can you use it for vlogging I think you can but it’s much more suited to action and B footage. Put it on the front of a mountain bike the side of a car a motorcycle and you’ll be impressed. It’s funny we have some who say its soft focused yet there is an excellent video posted on here that says its only problem is its way to sharp and I’m afraid I think the same and if it had sharpness/contrast control it would greatly help.
2023-1-11
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

lets show  some  motorists using it

2023-1-11
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Fishycomics Posted at 1-11 11:06
lets show  some  motorists using it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRZsOP8JVI4

I think he showed 1/ the close focus as well as 2/ focus to infinity worked a treat as it should there was no problem reading his speedometer. I think you can see A3 has no problem with a fixed subject close but if you keep moving your head right to left up and down its proving difficult for the contrast focus unit to maintain instant focus, if the camera had tracking this most likely would make a difference. But for DJI cameras the tracking goes to pocket 2 as a true vlogging camera.
2023-1-11
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Hallmark007 Posted at 1-11 11:35
I think he showed 1/ the close focus as well as 2/ focus to infinity worked a treat as it should there was no problem reading his speedometer. I think you can see A3 has no problem with a fixed subject close but if you keep moving your head right to left up and down its proving difficult for the contrast focus unit to maintain instant focus, if the camera had tracking this most likely would make a difference. But for DJI cameras the tracking goes to pocket 2 as a true vlogging camera.

thank you for the Person who is requesting info, these video's of other  motor cyclists will help. and that  would be  some starters to search for some informative vids
2023-1-11
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The more you read the more confused you will get. It is an excellent camera I think others don’t agree. You need to decide for yourself and the only effective way to do that is buy it. If you are a person that is very particular don’t bother
2023-1-12
Use props
djiuser_4kqsPxDoOhFU
New
Spain

skysailor64 Posted at 1-8 06:46
I can answer one of those questions.  I just sent back a third OA3 due to the focus issue.  First two were 2022/09 and last one was 2022/10.  I'm waiting another month or two before ordering again in hopes I'll get a good one.

Hello, could you tell me how to make a return?  I have bought the osmo action 3 combo and it is really disappointing.  If I record during the day it overheats and stops recording, if I record at night the sensor in low light conditions is the worst I've seen in my life….  In short, it's worthless.
2023-1-17
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

djiuser_4kqsPxDoOhFU Posted at 1-17 04:41
Hello, could you tell me how to make a return?  I have bought the osmo action 3 combo and it is really disappointing.  If I record during the day it overheats and stops recording, if I record at night the sensor in low light conditions is the worst I've seen in my life….  In short, it's worthless.

I'll  point you in the direction if I may: dji.com  upper right you'll see  your  profile, cart   see  link in photo below

this info will help you get started

For Return Service, please go to DJI Store-My Orders to apply for the return service if your product is purchased from DJI Store. For other purchase channels, please contact the corresponding channel to arrange a return.
*The replacement service can be provided within 30 calendar days of receiving products in Australia based on the local laws and regulations.

2023-1-17
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

If you found your way to the forum and activated. Then you almost tripped over how to return your device.
If your device is overheating then it’s likely you got a dud. Because overheating is not a thing with A3. If you bought thinking you would get better than average lowlight footage that was a mistake. There are better cameras on the market but only slightly and by no means in every department and I believe value for money is still with A3 unless you got a dud.
2023-1-17
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

I see it is not easy to  help others out, and DJI  does not   offer a direct link  to returns or  chat window as some websites do,  if any    advice is needed, do not hesitate to ask, we all are here to help, some may not. as the DJI Action is still new on the table with all, there ill always be something to learn till you are 100% satisfied.  thank you

FISH
2023-1-17
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Fishycomics Posted at 1-17 11:04
I see it is not easy to  help others out, and DJI  does not   offer a direct link  to returns or  chat window as some websites do,  if any    advice is needed, do not hesitate to ask, we all are here to help, some may not. as the DJI Action is still new on the table with all, there ill always be something to learn till you are 100% satisfied.  thank you

FISH

If you simply use your app that connects you up here you can arrange a return on the app and you need do nothing else there is provision on the app for both returns and repairs as well as checking out the progress of your return and or repair.
2023-1-18
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Hallmark007 Posted at 1-18 05:19
If you simply use your app that connects you up here you can arrange a return on the app and you need do nothing else there is provision on the app for both returns and repairs as well as checking out the progress of your return and or repair.

thanks Hallmark007  agree open the app, go to profile go to dji store and  returns can be started over there.  Since returns are not  staring us in the face, this is why  people ask questions, how t get there.   another way to get there thanks for letting all know (SMILES)
2023-1-18
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I bought 2 and love this camera. It is not worthless to me. I wonder if you can’t be bothered to research how to return the camera. I wonder if you can be bothered to learn how to use it properly. Perhaps it is not the camera that is worthless
2023-1-19
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Bigplumbs Posted at 1-19 00:21
I bought 2 and love this camera. It is not worthless to me. I wonder if you can’t be bothered to research how to return the camera. I wonder if you can be bothered to learn how to use it properly. Perhaps it is not the camera that is worthless

This is not a proper answer, grumpy 59 yr old man
2023-1-19
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 246194 ft
United States

After 4 cameras passed through my hands, my most sincere advice to you is: Look for a camera manufactured in November at the earliest. The difference between those from August/September and from November is huge! Even with the same firmware

big P.S. 007 -  Thanks to my two old "friends" who Downvotes every mine post in every thread ;)
You made my day
2023-1-19
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Sorry for the person bringing this OT (returns person) in ways where a new topic could been made   

Did you  purchase the A3
2023-1-19
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 1-19 00:21

That was unnecessary. What is he doing to make the camera overheat since you claim that he doesn't know how to operate it? Maybe you also know how to get rid of grain at night and you could help?

Rudeness such as the implication that someone is 'worthless' isn't the answer to anything.

2023-1-19
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

johansenfoto Posted at 1-19 02:32
This is not a proper answer, grumpy 59 yr old man

So unless I answer as you think I should it is no good....... Not interested in your nonsense
2023-1-19
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Iancraig10 Posted at 1-19 04:15
That was unnecessary. What is he doing to make the camera overheat since you claim that he doesn't know how to operate it? Maybe you also know how to get rid of grain at night and you could help?

Rudeness such as the implication that someone is 'worthless' isn't the answer to anything.

I have no interest in your comments. you know very little and why on earth do you think you can tell me what to do or say.......Not interested in your nonsense
2023-1-19
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm only saying that your post to that guy was insulting and answered/said nothing. There's no need for it.

Both posts reported.
2023-1-19
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Iancraig10 Posted at 1-19 04:40
Both posts reported.

You are indeed a Hero....... Remember the Apple for Teacher
2023-1-19
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 1-19 04:41
You are indeed a Hero....... Remember the Apple for Teacher

Thank you. I’d prefer money though.
Just stop being outright rude to people. That's all.

At least you edited out the nasty name that you called me eh? (Gestapo) Thank you.

Who are you to be calling people worthless? That's much worse than being told to stop. If I know very little, what have you actually contributed here other than silly comments like that and half edited home movies? Plus the 'I agree' comments or 'I have two camera' comments. Nothing much to actually help people. And you know lots do you? You just don't like being told.

I'm not interested in your nonsense either.......

2023-1-19
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Iancraig10 Posted at 1-19 04:15

Very strange that rather than reply to the guy looking for help, your first instinct is act as the forum policeman. I get the impression the reason you come here is not to help others but to police others.
So there is a post up above number 39 that has directly accused me in the wrong and it’s not the first time he has done this. That is rude is wrong and without foundation. So I hope you will now apply “what’s good for the goose is good for the gander. Otherwise it looks like you are just trying to cause consternation. Just my opinion.

Or are you being selective in choosing who you reprimand and report. I’m also sure you know its against the rules of this forum to try and police the forum. You will read this in the preamble if you can spare the time.
2023-1-19
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You’re nothing to do with what BP said, which was quite rude. You are butting in. Just my opinion.

Just to let you know, I pm'd the guy who had the overheating camera to help him! ;)

If you didn’t like what someone said, report it. Calling someone 'worthless' is unkind and unnecessary. Especially a new member.
2023-1-19
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Iancraig10 Posted at 1-19 05:21
You’re nothing to do with what BP said, which was quite rude. You are butting in. Just my opinion.

Just to let you know, I pm'd the guy who had the overheating camera to help him! ;)

You PM him, so your information on how to return is not for other forum users. Not sure why you’re here at all. I don’t need to report anything there are admins here for that. And if you continue to break the rules then I think everyone should take a leaf from your book….
2023-1-19
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules