943 9 2023-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kyaw Zay
lvl.1
Flight distance : 322782 ft
Singapore

Hello everyone.

Long time user of Osmo Action 1, and upgraded to Action 3 a month+ ago.
With Action 1, I used to import the DNG files into my iPad using a type C hub, then edit on-the-go with LR mobile. It has always been great.

Now with Action 3, I have a few of these issues.
  • when importing the files into iPad, with the same method of using type C hub, iPad Photos app doesn't recognize the files in the SD card, and cannot import. I have to go in the "Files" app, browse for the files on SD card, and save to photos. (with Action 1, "Photos" app recognized the files, and I could just import into it, same like all the other SD cards from the other cameras.
  • After being saved in the "Photos" app (through Files), the DNG files are appearing as Dewarped photos (whichever FOV I took photos with, in Wide or Dewarp setting)
  • And LR mobile seems to have no lens profile for the Action 3 yet. Lens correction setting in LR mobile doesn't change anything. And the photos are only in Dewarped state, which I don't want in many situations.
  • The only way to import photos into iPad and LR mobile with the wide FOV setting, is to take the photos in JPEG format, with the wide FOV setting, and not possible in RAW format. Of course I'd want all my pre-edited photos to be in RAW format.

Please let me know if there is a workaround for the above issues.
And if there is a LR lens profile for Action 3 released already.

Thank you all.
2023-1-8
Use props
JustName
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1420705 ft
  • >>>
Germany

The lensprofile is already inside the dng-files, so lightroom is always using it. unfrotunetaly it seems like since the last update dji writes always the same dewarp-setting in the profile. Therefore you have always have the same dewarped photos in Lightroom.

The only solution to this is not to open the photos in lightroom first, otherwise the profile will be immediately read and the photo will be adjusted.

There are programs for the desktop like https://www.rawtherapee.com/ with which you can clean the dngs and delete the lens profiles.
2023-1-8
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

This is a 4 year old post from 2018 but apparently the SD card thing is an Apple limitation.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/l ... remium/m-p/10011737
2023-1-8
Use props
Kyaw Zay
lvl.1
Singapore

osmonauta Posted at 1-8 09:09
This is a 4 year old post from 2018 but apparently the SD card thing is an Apple limitation.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-ecosystem-cloud-based-discussions/importing-dng-files-from-sd-card-to-ipad-with-lightroom-premium/m-p/10011737

Thank you.
I know about the limitation, and with Action 1, I've always done the workaround by importing through Camera Roll first, then to LR mobile.
But now with Action 3, it's not even able to import to Camera Roll first. Somehow Camera Roll, and LR mobile not recognizing the DNG files from Action 3. When I go into the Import Tab in the Photos App, it's just saying, no photos to import. So I always have to import through the "Files" app by browsing and saving.
2023-1-8
Use props
Kyaw Zay
lvl.1
Singapore

JustName Posted at 1-8 06:49
The lensprofile is already inside the dng-files, so lightroom is always using it. unfrotunetaly it seems like since the last update dji writes always the same dewarp-setting in the profile. Therefore you have always have the same dewarped photos in Lightroom.

The only solution to this is not to open the photos in lightroom first, otherwise the profile will be immediately read and the photo will be adjusted.

Thank you.

I am not opening the photos in Lightroom first. I always open them in the Photos App first, then select what I like, and import to LR mobile.
So now, the only way to get the photos in Wide FOV in LR mobile is by shooting in JPEG only
If I shoot in RAW format, it's always getting the Dewarped FOV, which significantly narrows the FOV, and bad distortions for people faces, such as in group photos.
2023-1-8
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

People still use iphone?
2023-1-8
Use props
JustName
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1420705 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Kyaw Zay Posted at 1-8 09:30
Thank you.

I am not opening the photos in Lightroom first. I always open them in the Photos App first, then select what I like, and import to LR mobile.

Yes, but the first real opening is in lightroom.
Maybe DJI will fix this bug in the feature firmware-update.
2023-1-8
Use props
Kyaw Zay
lvl.1
Singapore

johansenfoto Posted at 1-8 10:14
People still use iphone?

Don’t they?
2023-1-9
Use props
Kyaw Zay
lvl.1
Singapore

johansenfoto Posted at 1-8 10:14
People still use iphone?

Don’t they?
2023-1-9
Use props
Kyaw Zay
lvl.1
Singapore

JustName Posted at 1-8 10:57
Yes, but the first real opening is in lightroom.
Maybe DJI will fix this bug in the feature firmware-update.

Hope they fix it very soon
2023-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules