Discover the Province of Cadiz in Andalusia - A Paradise to Explore
12Next >
5741 41 2023-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Discover Spain
lvl.4

United Kingdom

The province of Cadiz is a Spanish province in the Autonomous Community of Andalusia. Located in the southwest of Spain, it is a region of exceptional natural beauty and rich cultural heritage. It stands out for its contrasts, 3000 years of history and 45 municipalities that hide incredible corners in its great variety of landscapes and cultures, with a coastline of 250 kilometres of fine golden sandy beaches, ranging from the urban to the extensive and almost virgin. With its spectacular white villages in the mountains and Cadiz being the oldest city in Europe, it is a wonderful destination.

Few tourists actually choose the province of Cádiz, opting instead to stay on the Costa Blanca or Costa del Sol, but it is a popular tourist destination for Spaniards who appreciate the beauty of the region.

Records indicate that the city of Cádiz dates back more than 3,000 years and was home to Iberian settlers. The region was occupied by the Greeks, the Phoenicians, the Carthaginians - for whom it was an important trading post, the Romans, who were later defeated by the Visigoths. Because of its location, so close to the African continent, it has always been seen as an important strategic and commercial region.

Cadiz, in the 17th and 18th centuries, was one of the most important cities in the world, on a par with London, Amsterdam or Paris. Through it passed 50% of the income of the Spanish empire brought by the fleets of New Spain (overseas trade with America) and Tierra Firme, whose weight in gold was multiplied by five because they also carried in their holds the funds of private individuals, which would grease the European economy and would be the seed of its world supremacy until almost the present day. Capturing a treasure fleet was the dream of every power, and so this strength attracted pirate attacks, from Drake's attack in 1587 to Nelson's in 1797. So did the sacking of the city in 1596, and the Spanish victories of 1625 and 1702, as well as the attempts to capture the treasure fleet in 1642 and 1656. All this led the town to fortify itself by building defensive bastions, castles and watchtowers on every rooftop.

The Pueblos Blancos are located in the Sierra de Cádiz, one of the six regions into which the province of Cádiz is divided. Its extension coincides to a large extent with the Sierra de Grazalema Nature Reserve and the Alcornocales Nature Reserve.

The Sierra de Grazalema Natural Park is considered one of the greatest natural treasures in Andalusia for its wide variety of flora and fauna. It is also home to an endemic species of conifer, the pinsapar, which occupies more than 400 hectares.

The Sierra de Grazalema Natural Park is considered one of the greatest natural treasures in Andalusia for its wide variety of flora and fauna. It is also home to an endemic species of conifer, the Spanish fir, which occupies more than 400 hectares.

The Natural Park of Los Alcornocales is the other environment in which the Pueblos Blancos are located, as well as one of the largest in the Peninsula. Considered as a cradle of millenary cultures and a place of settlement of different civilizations, its space is almost entirely occupied by native Mediterranean forests.

2023-1-8
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Absolutely splendid.
2023-1-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Spectacular views.    Spent two years in that area and loved every minute of it.  
2023-1-8
Use props
Depp
Captain
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Cool edit, great castles!
2023-1-8
Use props
enikdem
lvl.4
Flight distance : 898520 ft
Greece

Nice captures. It remains me the days i was visiting those places. I wish i had my drone back then.
2023-1-8
Use props
Discover Spain
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 1-8 08:05
Absolutely splendid.

Glad you liked it!
2023-1-8
Use props
Discover Spain
lvl.4

United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-8 09:02
Spectacular views.    Spent two years in that area and loved every minute of it.

A nice and quiet place to live, except on the coast during the summer months.
Thanks for watch and comment!
2023-1-8
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Indeed !  
2023-1-8
Use props
Discover Spain
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 1-8 09:20
Cool edit, great castles!

I'm glad you liked the editing and the castles in the video!
2023-1-8
Use props
Discover Spain
lvl.4

United Kingdom

enikdem Posted at 1-8 09:26
Nice captures. It remains me the days i was visiting those places. I wish i had my drone back then.

You know, you can always come back with the drone.
Thanks for commenting !
2023-1-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Lovely video!
2023-1-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Beautiful footage.   
2023-1-9
Use props
Discover Spain
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Thank you very much!
2023-1-9
Use props
Discover Spain
lvl.4

United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 1-9 01:12
Beautiful footage.

Thank you! The area is very beautiful and it is very easy to get beautiful shoots.
2023-1-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You're welcome!
2023-1-9
Use props
Prezzodrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8533 ft

United Kingdom

It’s a lovely place.    I’ve only been to Alicante myself.  
2023-1-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Discover Spain Posted at 1-9 06:16
Thank you! The area is very beautiful and it is very easy to get beautiful shoots.

I used to work with some guys from Cadiz and they were always really happy.  I can see why now.
2023-1-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Discover Spain Posted at 1-8 12:57
A nice and quiet place to live, except on the coast during the summer months.
Thanks for watch and comment!

You're very welcome.    I do have memories of what is was like during the heavy tourists months.  I much preferred the peaceful months.   
2023-1-9
Use props
Discover Spain
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Prezzodrone Posted at 1-9 10:14
It’s a lovely place.    I’ve only been to Alicante myself.

Alicante is not particularly beautiful, whereas in Spain there are plenty of cities, towns and beautiful places.
Thanks for watching the video and commenting!  
2023-1-9
Use props
Prezzodrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8533 ft

United Kingdom

Discover Spain Posted at 1-9 15:07
Alicante is not particularly beautiful, whereas in Spain there are plenty of cities, towns and beautiful places.
Thanks for watching the video and commenting!  

A pleasure as always!
2023-1-10
Use props
djiuser_iP90zssTjycI
New

United States

Very cool video really nice place
2023-1-25
Use props
Discover Spain
lvl.4

United Kingdom

djiuser_iP90zssTjycI Posted at 1-25 09:56
Very cool video really nice place

Glad to know you liked it!
2023-2-2
Use props
JehnMercley
New

United States

Wow, it sounds like the province of Cadiz in Andalusia is a hidden gem filled with rich history, culture, and natural beauty!
2023-2-12
Use props
JehnMercley
New

United States

JehnMercley Posted at 2-12 22:42
Wow, it sounds like the province of Cadiz in Andalusia is a hidden gem filled with rich history, culture, and natural beauty!

This is the first I've heard of it, but it sounds like a truly special place. From the ancient city of Cadiz to the stunning white villages in the Sierra de Cadiz, there is much to explore. I'm inspired and want to go there next summer. I have a discount on business class flights, which encourages me even more. Thanks!
2023-2-15
Use props
Discover Spain
lvl.4

United Kingdom

JehnMercley Posted at 2-15 03:19
This is the first I've heard of it, but it sounds like a truly special place. From the ancient city of Cadiz to the stunning white villages in the Sierra de Cadiz, there is much to explore. I'm inspired and want to go there next summer. I have a discount on business class flights, which encourages me even more. Thanks!

I'm delighted to hear that after watching the video you're thinking about visiting Cádiz!
2023-2-18
Use props
FLY QUADS TV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 621617 ft
South Korea

Really amazing video!
2023-2-19
Use props
Discover Spain
lvl.4

United Kingdom

FLY QUADS TV Posted at 2-19 05:15
Really amazing video!

Thanks for watch it and comment!
2023-2-22
Use props
ro_walker
Second Officer
Brazil

great amazing, thanks
2023-2-28
Use props
Discover Spain
lvl.4

United Kingdom

ro_walker Posted at 2-28 02:16
great amazing, thanks

Thank you for your time to watch and comment!
2023-2-28
Use props
ro_walker
Second Officer
Brazil

Discover Spain Posted at 2-28 06:03
Thank you for your time to watch and comment!

2023-2-28
Use props
msisrael
lvl.4
United States

Well done.  If you get a chance, please consider uploading this to the AirVuz drone video sharing community.  We would love to be able to feature this in our Andalusia collection:

Andalusia Drone Video Collection
2023-3-22
Use props
Discover Spain
lvl.4

United Kingdom

msisrael Posted at 3-22 08:26
Well done.  If you get a chance, please consider uploading this to the AirVuz drone video sharing community.  We would love to be able to feature this in our Andalusia collection:

Andalusia Drone Video Collection

Thank you!
2023-3-22
Use props
Mirek 22
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3529747 ft
Italy

very nice video, well done.
2023-3-29
Use props
Jake. A
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

2023-3-29
Use props
CuAnnan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69432 ft
Ireland

My dad lived in El Puerto de Santa Maria for a time, I visited for a summer. I remember Cadiz well and fondly.
2023-3-30
Use props
Discover Spain
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Mirek 22 Posted at 3-29 11:07
very nice video, well done.

Glad to know you liked it!
2023-4-3
Use props
Discover Spain
lvl.4

United Kingdom

CuAnnan Posted at 3-30 18:55
My dad lived in El Puerto de Santa Maria for a time, I visited for a summer. I remember Cadiz well and fondly.

Beautiful place to live! I'm glad the video brings back memories for you
2023-4-3
Use props
ro_walker
Second Officer
Brazil

Fantastic scenery.
2023-4-9
Use props
Discover Spain
lvl.4

United Kingdom