563 22 2023-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Here is another little video all filmed on the OA3 and eddited on an Iphone in the DJI Fly App. Then finished on Imovi on an Ipad and upscaled from 1080P to 4K.

For me after I think the 4th video doing this upscaling it is the way to go for what I want. You need to watch it on a decent 4k tv to see the diference. Many PC's simply dont have good graphic capabilities

2023-1-8
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

Only 1080 for now
2023-1-8
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Good video, thanks!

And for those who wanna visit, here's more info...
https://www.english-heritage.org ... framlingham-castle/
2023-1-8
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6260935 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice virtual tour BP. Thanks.  YT is rendering it at 1920x1080 at the moment though.  Still looks pretty good.
2023-1-8
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

On You tube it never shows any higher than 1920 x 1080 although the uploaded file was 4K when you look at its properties. It deffoe is not full 4K when uploaded but it does look better than my Normal 1080p. Not sure what is going on but YT compressing and rendering is a bit of a mystery to be honest.
I think given the relitivly low cost of the Camera and the lighting conditions and my Editting (which I do very quickly) etc the Quality is Plenty good enough for a vlogging camera.

I come from the days of VHS and Betamax (remember that) video which I think was 420 on a quite poor convex screen and we at the time were happy with that. What I am getting on my 55 inch TV is way better than I ever I thought I would get.

As I have said many times the file sizes of 4k for me and what I want to do quickly just make things impossible for me.... Is it better Yes but is it worth the extra effort and time dealing with it I dont think so.

2023-1-8
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

YouTube compresses 4k videos using the vp09 codec and avc1 for 1080p and lower. You can see that in the stats.  Right click the video, select "Stats for nerds" and under "Codecs" you will see which one was used. Your video is showing avc1 so YT did not interpret it as a 4k footage regardless of what the video properties were on the computer.

But yes, it does look good even in 1080p.

2023-1-8
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6260935 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 1-8 11:57
On You tube it never shows any higher than 1920 x 1080 although the uploaded file was 4K when you look at its properties. It deffoe is not full 4K when uploaded but it does look better than my Normal 1080p. Not sure what is going on but YT compressing and rendering is a bit of a mystery to be honest.
I think given the relitivly low cost of the Camera and the lighting conditions and my Editting (which I do very quickly) etc the Quality is Plenty good enough for a vlogging camera.

I remember when there was only B&W TV, and recorders hadn't been invented yet
Anything looks better than that. And yes, your video streams well to our OLED TV screen
2023-1-8
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Good job I watched in 1080p on YT and it still looks very good. Nice one…
2023-1-8
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks and interesting about the codecs. I will do a little sample of 4K normal footage later to look at the difference. I like using the fly app to edit and that does not export in 4 k either
2023-1-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice video!
And now I want pie too!
2023-1-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The quality does seem better.   Perhaps just film in 4k to start with though for even better results.  
2023-1-9
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 1-9 01:20
The quality does seem better.   Perhaps just film in 4k to start with though for even better results.

Thats what I did the first clip was in 4K.... If I did the whole lot in 4K it would blow my Ipad and or Phone out of the water. I just want to do a little bit in KK to test. I will do that now

2023-1-9
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Most Odd. I just filmed the short video below on the OA3 in 4k 60fps and it says it is 4K 60 on my Ipad. I eddited it to add the title in Imovi and saved it as 4K. The saved movie on my Ipad says it is 4k but the You Tube video says it is 1080p or HD. Looks like it has finished rendering what ever it is going to do. So I dont understand. This 40 second clip was however some 500MB or half a Gig......... Which is very big

Anyone who understands YouTube better than me know what is happening

2023-1-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 1-9 01:43
Thats what I did the first clip was in 4K.... If I did the whole lot in 4K it would blow my Ipad and or Phone out of the water. I just want to do a little bit in KK to test. I will do that now

Id film it in 4k then make the YouTube then downsize the source files to 1080p to store them.  
2023-1-9
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 1-9 02:18
Id film it in 4k then make the YouTube then downsize the source files to 1080p to store them.

This was filmed in 4K and uploaded as 4K but it is not showing on Youtube as 4k
2023-1-9
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

If you can verify for certain that the movie is 4k before uploading, but when it’s uploaded it is only 1080, then I suspect the upload setting is wrong. How do you upload it? Directly from the iPad? Do you use an app to upload it or just directly from the browser?
You can try to xfer the file to a computer, then verify (maybe QuickTime) that the movie is (still) in 4k, then upload it from the computer.
2023-1-9
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Bigplumbs Posted at 1-9 02:53
This was filmed in 4K and uploaded as 4K but it is not showing on Youtube as 4k

The DJI fly app is quick for a fast edit. But it might be worth your while looking at LumaFusion, its a paid app works only with Mac IPad and IPhone , its a low cost app £25 but its amazing it also handles up to 6K without any glitches will upload a 4 minute 4k Video to YT within minutes. You get no freezing with footage you upload etc. the package is nothing short of incredible and ease of use to get started is pretty east 100s of you tube tutorials. I have found this app is particularly good when travelling to fill time its an app made for short movies and particularly drone footage. There is so much that comes with it that you would expect to pay a lot more for it. I think anyone who is using an iPad to edit on the move or at home this is a perfect solution.
2023-1-9
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

osmonauta Posted at 1-9 03:35
If you can verify for certain that the movie is 4k before uploading, but when it’s uploaded it is only 1080, then I suspect the upload setting is wrong. How do you upload it? Directly from the iPad? Do you use an app to upload it or just directly from the browser?
You can try to xfer the file to a computer, then verify (maybe QuickTime) that the movie is (still) in 4k, then upload it from the computer.

Thanks for your help.

I use the You Tube App on my Ipad or Phone (in this case it was on the Ipad) All I do is click the  + then Video, Select the video (Which is deffo 4K) then fill in the name etc and click upload..... Most Odd

I will have a look at You Tube Studio
2023-1-9
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Answer is simple. It is a sort of hidden setting on the ipad. See this tutorial

2023-1-9
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Now uploading it again to see if it goes to 4k this time. Will also try one of my others where I upscaled. Or wait till I do another so as not to mess up the channel. I will think about this
2023-1-9
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So here is the Video correctly uploaded in 4K........ and it says 4K correctly this time on You Tube. It is fully rendered according to You Tube but when I watch them both on my 4K 55 inch TV I honestly cant tell the difference between the genunine 4K and the one that I upscaled but when it uploaded it was only 1080p.   Can any of you see a difference on a big TV.

I would be very interested to know

Thanks
2023-1-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Enjoyed the footage.  
2023-1-9
Use props