Editing Software
921 28 2023-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ethan_Evans
New
United States

Sorry to post this, if there is a thread for what people have good success with Edditing software please let me know. I don't know a whole lot about editing footage. I'd like to learn more and id like to see what people use.

Thanks everyone and again I apoligize if there is one.
Energy.
2023-1-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We hope you can get the best recommendations from your DJI Co-Pilots, who has first-hand experience with compatible software editors for your DJI drone. Should you have other concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you, and have a nice day!
2023-1-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I use Final Cut Pro.,  but if you want a free one to start with DaVinci Resolve is very popular and there are a lot of tutorials for it.
2023-1-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

+1 for Davinci Resolve.
2023-1-9
Use props
Prezzodrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8533 ft

United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-9 03:05
+1 for Davinci Resolve.

Hi.  Do you know if resolve would work with my mini2. Thx.
2023-1-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Prezzodrone Posted at 1-9 09:57
Hi.  Do you know if resolve would work with my mini2. Thx.

It sure will.  It is probably the most robust video editing software out there.  All you really needs is the free version.  
2023-1-9
Use props
Prezzodrone
Second Officer

United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-9 14:04
It sure will.  It is probably the most robust video editing software out there.  All you really needs is the free version.

Thx.  And I just saw it’s free.    Just need to find some guides.  
2023-1-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Prezzodrone Posted at 1-10 12:30
Thx.  And I just saw it’s free.    Just need to find some guides.

Kevin does a good job in this beginner's tutorial.  Check it out if you get time.
2023-1-10
Use props
Prezzodrone
Second Officer

United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-10 13:26
Kevin does a good job in this beginner's tutorial.  Check it out if you get time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEksPdEc7aI

Thanks rdb.  I’ll. check it out after the work on the NCTJ is done.  
2023-1-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Prezzodrone Posted at 1-10 13:54
Thanks rdb.  I’ll. check it out after the work on the NCTJ is done.

You're welcome and hope it helps.  
2023-1-10
Use props
Prezzodrone
Second Officer

United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-10 13:59
You're welcome and hope it helps.

My brother gave me his mini 2 for Christmas.  He didn’t use it and thought it would be a useful skill to learn as I’m studying to be a journalist.  One of the modules I have to do is about media production so I need to learn to edit.    I’ve had a few flights since Christmas but the weather here is rubbish at the moment.
2023-1-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Prezzodrone Posted at 1-10 14:07
My brother gave me his mini 2 for Christmas.  He didn’t use it and thought it would be a useful skill to learn as I’m studying to be a journalist.  One of the modules I have to do is about media production so I need to learn to edit.    I’ve had a few flights since Christmas but the weather here is rubbish at the moment.

Journalism is an interesting field to get into.  So many different specialties within that major.  A friend of mine that I went to college with majored in Journalism and ended up doing Broadcast Journalism.  After we finished our Bachelor's degree he went right to work and I went back to college for 3 more years to get my Juris Doctorate so I could become a Lawyer.  I still communicate with him on a regular basis and we are both happy and passionate about our career paths.  

I hear you about the weather.  I noticed some of the bad weather posts that DAFlys and Bleriot have posted.  Hopefully, Spring will come quickly for you all i the UK.  
2023-1-10
Use props
Prezzodrone
Second Officer

United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-10 14:25
Journalism is an interesting field to get into.  So many different specialties within that major.  A friend of mine that I went to college with majored in Journalism and ended up doing Broadcast Journalism.  After we finished our Bachelor's degree he went right to work and I went back to college for 3 more years to get my Juris Doctorate so I could become a Lawyer.  I still communicate with him on a regular basis and we are both happy and passionate about our career paths.  

I hear you about the weather.  I noticed some of the bad weather posts that DAFlys and Bleriot have posted.  Hopefully, Spring will come quickly for you all i the UK.

I love the news.  But I’m not sure I’m making the right choice.  Seems more and more papers are joining forces and needing less writers.
2023-1-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Prezzodrone Posted at 1-10 14:33
I love the news.  But I’m not sure I’m making the right choice.  Seems more and more papers are joining forces and needing less writers.

Making career choices is never easy.  You have to find something that you are passionate about and that there is plenty of future in that career field.  I found it helped to talk to people already in that field and see what they liked and disliked and what they perceived the outlook was like for that job field.  Best of luck in your decision making.  
2023-1-11
Use props
Prezzodrone
Second Officer

United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-11 03:31
Making career choices is never easy.  You have to find something that you are passionate about and that there is plenty of future in that career field.  I found it helped to talk to people already in that field and see what they liked and disliked and what they perceived the outlook was like for that job field.  Best of luck in your decision making.

Thank you.   I actually did work experience with a local paper and it was great fun.  Really enjoyed it.  
2023-1-11
Use props
Blackbuckone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68967 ft
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 1-9 01:11
I use Final Cut Pro.,  but if you want a free one to start with DaVinci Resolve is very popular and there are a lot of tutorials for it.

Final Cut Pro is excellent, not cheap though.

A free option is Apple iMovie, which does basic stuff to Final Cut Pro but some of the later versions are very good if you've never done any digital video editing before. In fact it would be a good starter.

If you've an older computer, do a search and there are links out there in file exchange sites to older versions that will work on certain older OS. On one of my older Macs I've got Mojave installed as it still supports my old Microsoft Office, and I found a good version of iMovie for Mojave at one of these sites which works well.

Cheers

Michael
2023-1-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blackbuckone Posted at 1-11 13:41
Final Cut Pro is excellent, not cheap though.

A free option is Apple iMovie, which does basic stuff to Final Cut Pro but some of the later versions are very good if you've never done any digital video editing before. In fact it would be a good starter.

I dont really need iMovie as I have Final Cut.
2023-1-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Prezzodrone Posted at 1-11 10:32
Thank you.   I actually did work experience with a local paper and it was great fun.  Really enjoyed it.

You're welcome.  Sounds like you are already doing your due diligence.  
2023-1-12
Use props
Blackbuckone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68967 ft
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 1-12 01:28
I dont really need iMovie as I have Final Cut.

Sorry, it was aimed at the OP who said they were new to video editing.

FCP would be rather in-depth for a learner, hence I suggested iMovie to get the basics of digital editing before moving onto something more serious.

iMovie certainly has it's limitations, but for a freebie and for someone new it's an ideal starter.

Regards

Michael
2023-1-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blackbuckone Posted at 1-12 06:16
Sorry, it was aimed at the OP who said they were new to video editing.

FCP would be rather in-depth for a learner, hence I suggested iMovie to get the basics of digital editing before moving onto something more serious.

Ah. If you replied to the wrong message that explains it.  No worries.  
2023-1-12
Use props
Prezzodrone
Second Officer

United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-12 04:17
You're welcome.  Sounds like you are already doing your due diligence.

Well. I’m trying.     I’m enjoying the forum as everyone is really supportive whereas at home I’m constantly told I’m a blonde air head.  
2023-1-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Prezzodrone Posted at 1-12 11:17
Well. I’m trying.     I’m enjoying the forum as everyone is really supportive whereas at home I’m constantly told I’m a blonde air head.

Glad you are enjoying the forum.  

Besides, I was always told blondes have more fun.  Have fun and don't worry about the people calling you an air head.  Years from now they'll be saying, wow, she really wasn't an air head.

Just maintain a positive mental attitude and never give up and you'll be successful in life.  
2023-1-12
Use props
Prezzodrone
Second Officer

United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-12 13:17
Glad you are enjoying the forum.  

Besides, I was always told blondes have more fun.  Have fun and don't worry about the people calling you an air head.  Years from now they'll be saying, wow, she really wasn't an air head.

Thank you DowntownRDB.   That’s very kind.   Since starting sixth form
I feel I’m getting more independent and I think im liking it.  
2023-1-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Prezzodrone Posted at 1-13 10:48
Thank you DowntownRDB.   That’s very kind.   Since starting sixth form
I feel I’m getting more independent and I think im liking it.

You're very welcome Prezzodrone.    Nothing beats confidence and being more independent.  
2023-1-14
Use props
Prezzodrone
Second Officer

United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-14 08:55
You're very welcome Prezzodrone.    Nothing beats confidence and being more independent.

I’m looking forward to my first holiday without the parents.  Planning a trip to Paris with the girl friends at the moment.  
2023-1-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Prezzodrone Posted at 1-14 10:40
I’m looking forward to my first holiday without the parents.  Planning a trip to Paris with the girl friends at the moment.

Sounds like  a great trip.  Paris was one of my favorite places to visit.  That's saying a lot about Paris as during my time in the Navy I visited over 64 different countries and found many favorable places.  I also found many that I'd never go back to also.  
2023-1-14
Use props
Prezzodrone
Second Officer

United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-14 11:05
Sounds like  a great trip.  Paris was one of my favorite places to visit.  That's saying a lot about Paris as during my time in the Navy I visited over 64 different countries and found many favorable places.  I also found many that I'd never go back to also.

We had planned to stay at the generator.  It looked cool and for a group of students cheap too. But the reviews over Christmas were bad.  
2023-1-14
Use props
NightFlightAlright
lvl.2
Flight distance : 218002 ft
United States

I agree with the others, I definitely suggest Davinci Resolve, it has a very functional free version, and once you are familiar with that upgrading to the full studio version is only 295 with no silly subscriptions or other nonsense like A Dough Bee....
2023-1-14
Use props
Drone Buddy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 280860 ft
United Kingdom

I use Adobe Premier Pro and it's really good. However, all video editing programs work on almost similar principles and if you know how to work in one, it's becomes much easier to use another. However, it might be good to go deeper into one.
2023-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules