878 5 2015-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nateweger
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4173 ft

United States

Hello!

I've got two questions, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. I was wondering if it is possible to save any video taken as pictures. In other words, since a video is the same thing as thousands of pictures put together, do I have access to these pictures if the video was taken with the drone?

2. If it is possible to access these pictures, do they still record the GPS location of where they were taken? So if we took a video and looked at each picture from the video individually, would the camera store the location where each of these pictures were taken?

If the phrasing of my questions was confusing, just ask for clarification.
If you need more information to answer my question, I'll try to provide that as well.

Thanks,
Nate
2015-8-17
Use props
alekopoulos
lvl.2
Flight distance : 51834 ft
Greece

You can open your video files in any video editing application (such as adobe premiere) and then export them as JPEG or tiff sequence. also QuickTime Pro can do the work for you. As far as gps info is concerned, I don't think that it will be saved.
2015-8-17
Use props
nateweger
lvl.1

United States

Do you think there is a way for me to make this possible?
2015-8-17
Use props
john_351
lvl.2
Flight distance : 128675 ft
United States

nateweger@gmail Posted at 2015-8-18 08:52
Do you think there is a way for me to make this possible?

You should be able to manually edit it, if nothing else but jpg metadata is alot different then mp4/mov.

There are scripting tools such as ImageMagic that could have you automating it, but would require some scripting.
2015-8-17
Use props
nateweger
lvl.1

United States

This might be way over my head, but can you try to explain how this scripting might work?
2015-8-18
Use props
nateweger
lvl.1

United States

The new update has added a lot of capabilities to the phantom 3 phone application. Do any of those help make video to photo conversion possible while retaining gps data?
2015-9-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules