Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo 6 shuts itself off on full battery
1377 5 2023-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
realdeal
lvl.3
Flight distance : 37680 ft
France

Hello, I am using the dji osmo 6 with the iPhone 14 Pro, it worked great for a  month and suddenly when recording placed on the little tripod it will turn itself off,
I would turn it on walk away, and a few minutes later did it again..and  this would repeat ever since.

Everything is up-to-date, I don't use the DJI app as much is the iPhone itself because I like to cinematic mode, and so i have no idea if this problem has to do with using the iPhone 14pro without the mimo  app or because the iPhone 14 Pro is heavy (although osmo 6 solved this ) so any  advice would be appreciated
2023-1-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you send us a short video showing the exact issue so we can check it here on our end? Also, does the issue occurs when using the DJI Mimo app and not the iPhone native app? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-1-8
Use props
realdeal
lvl.3
France

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-8 20:21
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you send us a short video showing the exact issue so we can check it here on our end? Also, does the issue occurs when using the DJI Mimo app and not the iPhone native app? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Seems like the problem went away when i used the dji app.

I left it recording on the tripod, extended and all like the other day when it simply would shut off., during those recordings i was not using the dji app but instead the iphone 14 pro camera app and after 2-3 minutes the osmo6 would shut itself off., it also did it with the dji app when i switched but now it stopped.

A friend of mine who also has the same set up claims it’s likely to do with balancing the phone., its pretty heavy actually, i have a transparent rubber like cover then glass protection over the camera lens..do you think this was the issue?
2023-1-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

realdeal Posted at 1-9 22:03
Seems like the problem went away when i used the dji app.

I left it recording on the tripod, extended and all like the other day when it simply would shut off., during those recordings i was not using the dji app but instead the iphone 14 pro camera app and after 2-3 minutes the osmo6 would shut itself off., it also did it with the dji app when i switched but now it stopped.

Thank you for keeping us posted. We will coordinate this with our designated team for further clarification. For now, we highly recommend using the unit with the DJI Mimo app to avoid issues as we cannot guarantee the stability of the unit and the application when used with a 3rd party application. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-1-11
Use props
saldanha
New

Portugal

Check the warnings that appears in the app. It was doing the same thing, but I was using default camera, the iphone was not centered and was disballanced, it was turning itself off after 3 minutes. After opening the app and see a popup warning about disbalance, i ballanced it and it was able to continue. It was probably stressing the motor.
2-29 06:24
Use props
realdeal
lvl.3
France

saldanha Posted at 2-29 06:24
Check the warnings that appears in the app. It was doing the same thing, but I was using default camera, the iphone was not centered and was disballanced, it was turning itself off after 3 minutes. After opening the app and see a popup warning about disbalance, i ballanced it and it was able to continue. It was probably stressing the motor.

It’s exactly the problem, balancing, , when your phone is lopsided or heavy, on one side, it won’t work and it shouldn’t because even if it did have strong motors, the shot will come out balanced
2-29 07:19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules