10 Bit on Action 3
2489 22 2023-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I went for a walk this afternoon and tried out both 10 bit and a set of LUTs provided by a generous member on here. For that member, the LUT is great. I did have to back saturation off a bit on many clips but it definitely sped things up. Many thanks.

It makes sense having the 10 bit option in DeCinelike since you will want to tweak.

Here's a short video I made as a test .....

2023-1-9
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Liked on here. what was the oldest   headstone at the  cememtary?  like the vid  again thanks for sharing

FISH
2023-1-9
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I don’t know which stone is oldest,Fish. This is a tiny village with just a pub, school and church so everyone in there is local winston Churchill’s house is up the road from me. So it’s kind of old fashioned and quaint. To me, my road is like being in the 60’s which is why I love it here. The tiny grave is very sad. Mum and Dad are on either side.
2023-1-9
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

My Condolences. to you Lancraig10.    thanks again for sharing the town and all, never quiet by me what cities are about.  thanks again for the history and all.
FISH
2023-1-9
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Nice video there Ian.
Was it one of my LUTs or from that other guy?
2023-1-9
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

johansenfoto Posted at 1-9 13:40
Nice video there Ian.
Was it one of my LUTs or from that other guy?

Actually, a combo!

I used the other guy’s luts in well lit clips and you have a brilliant one that lights everything up in dark conditions. Believe it or not, the colours matched!!
2023-1-9
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Iancraig10 Posted at 1-9 13:45
Actually, a combo!

I used the other guy’s luts in well lit clips and you have a brilliant one that lights everything up in dark conditions. Believe it or not, the colours matched!!

Oh that's nice to hear
2023-1-9
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Many thanks for sending them to me. They’re REALLY useful.
2023-1-9
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Iancraig10 Posted at 1-9 14:00
Many thanks for sending them to me. They’re REALLY useful.

No problem.
I will make new ones when we will get daylight and also in spring/summer.
2023-1-9
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

johansenfoto Posted at 1-9 14:20
No problem.
I will make new ones when we will get daylight and also in spring/summer.

The nice thing is that there is one for normal daylight and others for really low light and you dialled it in well. The only thing I did was back off saturation a bit. The dull light ones really brought the dark areas up well.
2023-1-9
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Iancraig10 Posted at 1-9 14:23
The nice thing is that there is one for normal daylight and others for really low light and you dialled it in well. The only thing I did was back off saturation a bit. The dull light ones really brought the dark areas up well.

It's hard to bring up the dark areas without use of a LUT created in a image software, is what I found out.
2023-1-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks good for sure!
2023-1-10
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

Nice one ;)
2023-1-10
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 1-10 00:32
Looks good for sure!

I think the DeCinelike setting on the A3 is better than previous Actions actually. The LUTs from the ‘cold country’ boys are terrific. Their low light LUTs seem to suit dull UK weather quite well.

That’s why us people in the UK complain so much about the weather here. It can be pants for photography!
2023-1-10
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks Stevo. That’s all I have in my village to video, except for a pond and fields!
2023-1-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Iancraig10 Posted at 1-10 01:32
I think the DeCinelike setting on the A3 is better than previous Actions actually. The LUTs from the ‘cold country’ boys are terrific. Their low light LUTs seem to suit dull UK weather quite well.

That’s why us people in the UK complain so much about the weather here. It can be pants for photography!

That is nice!
2023-1-10
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 246194 ft
United States

Very nice video Ian !
I just received my new camera....but dont have time to try it
2023-1-10
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Kamen666 Posted at 1-10 09:05
Very nice video Ian !

Thanks Kamen. All back to work now? Christmas done and dusted!

I just took a walk to try out the 10 bit on the camera. Actually, I think it’s better looking in DeCinelike once you’ve graded it, so maybe having 10 bit planted there is a good idea.
2023-1-10
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

Kamen666 Posted at 1-10 09:05
Very nice video Ian !

Take a photo, manual mode, ISO max 400, some newspaper at 30-40 cm and you will know right away....at least quickly for yourself.
2023-1-10
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 246194 ft
Bulgaria

StevoB Posted at 1-10 10:21
Take a photo, manual mode, ISO max 400, some newspaper at 30-40 cm and you will know right away....at least quickly for yourself.

Today I was thinking of taking it with me to work, to take a picture, and in the morning I forgot it at home in my haste ;)
2023-1-10
Use props
MTurnaviotov
lvl.1
Poland

ow. can you kindly share LUTs which you are take. may be in DM.. I tried to search on official web site but only manuals there (
2023-9-25
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The LUT that I used was from Johansenfoto on here. These days, I’m using Tamara Gabriel’s LUTs.
2023-9-25
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

MTurnaviotov Posted at 9-25 04:59
ow. can you kindly share LUTs which you are take. may be in DM.. I tried to search on official web site but only manuals there (

I DM you with them
2023-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules